Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle or San Diego?
Seattle 34 45.33%
San Diego 27 36.00%
You will fail. Seriously. 4 5.33%
I like turtles. 10 13.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:42 PM

478 posts, read 784,610 times

Advertisements

I don't know about SD, but driving in Seattle sure sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,026 times
San Diego, it's a tough call though. Although San Diego is less cosmopolitan and much more laid back than Seattle, it really is a pleasant place. It has culture, hands down the best weather in the country, some pretty cool neighborhoods, naturally it's beautiful, great for the outdoors, close to L.A. and also Mexico.

San Diego isn't hustling or bustling, but it has it's neighborhoods with good pedestrian life. San Diego's architecture isn't anything stunning, but it's all very pretty and eye pleasing. I don't know what it is, but I always find San Diego like a little slice of paradise. The only things taking away from that is the sprawl and COL, but other than San Diego is pretty awesome. It's a moderate city as well, where people aren't too liberal or too conservative, so people aren't all up in your face when it comes to politics.

Seattle is awesome as well, my only thing is I hate overcast days and rain/drizzle whatever. Although Seattle is much more cosmopolitan and and lively, it sometimes can be a little too granola/liberal for me but that's not such a big deal.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,026 times
I will say this, I think for someone in their 20's Seattle is better. I think San Diego is great for families/kids and people above the age of 35. San Diego just lacks that young 20's vibe that you get in places like Seattle, San Fran, Chicago, Boston, D.C., etc.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
^except for the drunken college kids, of course!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
People from California find Seattle weather not that great. People like me from the east coast find Seattle weather just fine. My 12 years in Seattle were the absolute best. I moved to LA a few months ago because of my job. I honestly do miss Seattle. I lived close to downtown and Capitol Hill so everything was walking distance. Never did I find Seattleites cold. As far as traffic it can be bad during rush hour if you commute from the suburbs. I worked in dt Bellevue usually from 11am to around 7 pm so traffic problems were not an issue for me.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM

217 posts, read 561,537 times
I have lived in both, reside in Seattle now.
I have to say the elements are superior in Seattle.
Better air, better water and better soil for growing food, etc.
That may seem petty to some but for me it's a quality of life issue.

Last edited by godhead; 04-15-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 06:22 PM

76 posts, read 257,958 times
Really looking forward to being in Seattle next month. I may be able to keep my job and work remotely, which would be nice because then I wouldn't have to slum it and would be able to enjoy the city more when I get there. Thanks to everyone who provided their opinion and voted on the poll, even the turtle lovers.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibound1 View Post
moving with no job
Good luck with that...

Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I will say this, I think for someone in their 20's Seattle is better. I think San Diego is great for families/kids and people above the age of 35. San Diego just lacks that young 20's vibe that you get in places like Seattle, San Fran, Chicago, Boston, D.C., etc.
No it doesn't at all. I'm guessing you've never been to Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, or Ocean Beach? Which are some of the most popular areas of the city and region. Or even North Park area? You cannot get more of a young 20's vibe than Pacific Beach. Quite a lot of graduates stay there right after college. Actually some of the complaints some people have about the place is it has too much of a college/young 20's vibe and people party too much. SF feels way more serious and older than SD does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
. Although Seattle is much more cosmopolitan and and lively.
I'll give you cosmopolitan but not lively. People are outside doing stuff YEAR ROUND in SD. Go to both cities in the middle of winter and try to tell me Seattle is more "lively".

Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 PM

76 posts, read 257,958 times
Finally got someone to vote on "You will fail. Seriously." hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City