Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Choice
West Coast 118 41.40%
East Coast 167 58.60%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini528 View Post
And everything i said is THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!! you are just in denial that NY is a F****D up city. Im paying all these damn taxes and Bloomberg didnt even have the dept of sanitation out plowing the snow when we had that blizzard in the end of December.

more contradiction. Thats why every cali person i met here in nyc claims that the money is way better here then it is in nyc.

nyc a ****ed up city??? wow you clearly have never visited no other city in this country.

i wonder what cities such as Detroit would say about this?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini528 View Post
Ah yes...beautiful nyc, CALIFORNIA just doesnt compare.....please
well you really exposed yourself of never living in nyc with this post.

thanks for the 1980 pics of nyc. To bad all those days are gone and all those buildings are thriving now.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,882 times
nycjowww: If you click the icon right next to the quote button with the quotation marks and the plus sign on all of the posts you want to reply to, and then click quote on the last one, you can reply to all the posts in a single post rather than replying to every one individually. It will streamline your responses and make the thread more readable.

Just a friendly tip.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
nycjowww: If you click the icon right next to the quote button with the quotation marks and the plus sign on all of the posts you want to reply to, and then click quote on the last one, you can reply to all the posts in a single post rather than replying to every one individually. It will streamline your responses and make the thread more readable.

Just a friendly tip.
no i know. the thing with me is that i often get to this threads late and answer as i read. But i try to answer mostly to the most non agreeable post.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
a bunch of apartments? you were better of saying that you have never been out east.
Okay, a bunch of buildings then. There are buildings out here, too!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Okay, a bunch of buildings then. There are buildings out here, too!
sure felt as if you were comparing the amount of mountains on the west to buildings out east. we have way fewer buildings when comparing to homes.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:19 AM

940 posts, read 2,026,452 times
The east coast is undeniably superior to the West coast in terms of gdp, population, influence, etc. In raw terms, the East Coast wins. Just like the US wins compared to Canada.

The US has more and better cities, more skyscrapers, more history, better universities, more influence on the world than Canada.

That is why all the Canadians are moving to the US, and why the only ones left are idiots who don't know their country really isn't all that great. They think that looking at some dumb mountain or having free health care is better than living in NYC and seeing skyscrapers all around you and knowing you are in the center of the universe.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
That estate in the Hamptons is somewhere close to 100,000 sq ft and is appraised at $203,000,000.

Ira Rennert Mansion is Largest Home in the U.S. | Zillow Blog - Real Estate Market Stats, Celebrity Real Estate, and Zillow News

Fleur De Lys is one of the most expensive for sale in the US currently, but as we all know, an asking price is merely a suggestion, hence it being on the market for over for years. It's very pretty, but it won't sell for anywhere near that. Ditto with the Spelling Mansion (which is ugly in comparison and cheap/tacky on the inside).
Interesting that the sq. ft. estimate of the Hamptons estates varies from 43,031 to 100,000.

I don't find the Spelling mansion ugly... I wouldn't mind living in it!

According to the homes of the rich site, the biggest mansion is in North Carolina. The George W. Vanderbilt estate which is 175,000 sq. ft.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
sure felt as if you were comparing the amount of mountains on the west to buildings out east. we have way fewer buildings when comparing to homes.
No, I was referring to buildings, not mountains. Everyone already knows that the west has more (and higher) mountains.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:36 AM

562 posts, read 988,841 times
Which ever is cheaper and both are horrendous in cost compared to the midwest so neither.

That's not really an answer but to provide an answer I'll say West Coast

My personal reasons:
-Thriving technology industries in Silicon Valley and Seattle so I might be able to find work
-Variety of climate choices, just drive 50-100 miles max for many of them and these climates don't suck unlike the East's choices of SNOW, SNOW EVERYWHERE or nasty humidity.
-Stunning scenery
-Generally friendlier, I've not traveled to many places on both so I guess its entirely subjective but East Coasters (especially the big metro areas) are significantly less friendly in general and nearly view you as subhuman if you are from the midwest. That's only based on personal experience however, I'm sure the West has its a-holes and the East has kind people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City