Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 AM

5 posts, read 66,051 times

Advertisements

just got used 05 dodge ram saved up and paid cash ....checked everything but running light duh .used dealer ship.anyway last night i got out to check lights and see what truck looks like at night no running ,parking lights tag front and back.....now is the fuse # 15 the fuse and if so how do u check it ,,..never seen this before squre the parking tail fuse 50 amp....if its good what next ...read the fcm can go bad and ther $$$$...need help its just lights cant be that bad ,,..have app at dealer but you know when you go there it gets $$$$..it has to be simple i hope .ty dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
It's easy to check and see if the fuse is blown. Pull it. It'll be obvious when you look at it.

Even if it's just the fuse, the problem is that there was a reason it blew. Hopefully it was nothing more than some knucklehead who hooked up a trailer light kit wrong, blew a fuse and quit. Beyond that, it can get a little tricky to track it down.

Good luck!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 AM

ok yeah the fuse is squre and it has copper circles .....if its blown u can see it ? thanks i put in a good fuse still no go .
off to the dealer ouch .....lets all pray for something simple ...just spent 8 k cash ...rrrrrrrr ...ill let yall know the out come please no fcm

Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlay57 View Post
ok yeah the fuse is squre and it has copper circles .....if its blown u can see it ? thanks i put in a good fuse still no go .
off to the dealer ouch .....lets all pray for something simple ...just spent 8 k cash ...rrrrrrrr ...ill let yall know the out come please no fcm
that not a bad price for a 4 year old truck

Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
that not a bad price for a 4 year old truck
I was thinking the same thing. In fact, it's kind of an unbelievable price - which leads me to wonder if it's a salvage title, or a flood truck, or some such thing.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I was thinking the same thing. In fact, it's kind of an unbelievable price - which leads me to wonder if it's a salvage title, or a flood truck, or some such thing.
all I know is they sell for alot more where I live they are very popular to mod out

Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM

200 posts, read 576,759 times
Run the self diagnostic test where you push and hold the odometer reset button while you cycle the key position from off to on ( but dont turn over the engine) and then release the button. All the gauges and lights on the cluster come on and then after that the odometer will read any error codes.

Last edited by 20yearman; 01-12-2010 at 03:07 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 AM

welltook it to dodge and they want to put in new switch and cluster ......$1025 i called dealer guy i bought it from and he found two fuses missing .......and its fine wtf dodge is a rip off im so mad ....

Old 01-18-2010, 05:23 AM

whats mod out .....how can you tell if it is a mod are water damage well to lste now i own it lol....well its clean and needs new rotors ,,...i will see what else goes wrong as i have it maybe i just got a good deal ..i hope ...thanks guys .

Old 01-21-2010, 05:00 AM

200 posts, read 576,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlay57 View Post
welltook it to dodge and they want to put in new switch and cluster ......$1025 i called dealer guy i bought it from and he found two fuses missing .......and its fine wtf dodge is a rip off im so mad ....
Which dealer did you bring it too? Two fuses missing or blown? 2 missing could explain why you paid so little for that truck. Those fuses are expensive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram