Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times

Advertisements

We have an '05 base model PT Cruiser. About 140,000 miles. Had to have the head gasket replaced a few years ago. That was so expensive we swore we would drive this thing until it dies.

I've read every Chrysler has crappy wiring and this car is no exception. Is it possible to get that fixed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 08:08 AM

11,442 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Great looking cars but nothing but a Dodge Neon inside, so I am not a fan of the cars. Love the looks.

I always wished they had simply made it full size. They could have just made the Dodge Durango look like that old panel wagon.

By using an economy car, they sold boat loads of cars in a segment they were choking in, but if they had made the full-size Durango with that look, I think they would have sold like hot cakes, and with a much higher profit margin.

Dodge should definitely have gone full size SUV with the PT Cruiser, not economy car.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:31 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,321,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Great looking cars but nothing but a Dodge Neon inside, so I am not a fan of the cars. Love the looks.

I always wished they had simply made it full size. They could have just made the Dodge Durango look like that old panel wagon.

By using an economy car, they sold boat loads of cars in a segment they were choking in, but if they had made the full-size Durango with that look, I think they would have sold like hot cakes, and with a much higher profit margin.

Dodge should definitely have gone full size SUV with the PT Cruiser, not economy car.

The PT shared a mere 8 bolts with the Neon. Did not Share the chassis with the Neon, no Neon bits inside, no mechanical parts were shared with the Neon, etc. The ONLY Neon that shared anything with a version of the PT was the SRT4, that shared engine and trans with the GT Cruiser.

It was the right size and the exact car enthusiasts were saying people should buy instead of SUVs at the time: as mall tall wagon. They were predicted to sell 50k cars per year, but for the first 7 years, they sold over 150k per year, with zero advertising. A HUGE success for Chrysler.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:56 AM

7,775 posts, read 6,381,525 times
I would only have considered the convertible. I wound up with a Chrysler 200 convertible which we have enjoyed.

Most convertibles now are 2 seaters, some with pretend back seats.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:49 PM

10,832 posts, read 4,521,326 times
lol dont hate em, they are just fugly neons.

I got one for my kid as he wanted a stick, economy car and a 60K mile version dropped in my lap

I found a fix for the always overheating problem and published it on allpar, so that was our experience, he sold it for me than I paid for it and took my deville later...no more bruiser cruisers here (or loser cruisers?)

Old 07-25-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
The PT shared a mere 8 bolts with the Neon. Did not Share the chassis with the Neon, no Neon bits inside, no mechanical parts were shared with the Neon, etc. The ONLY Neon that shared anything with a version of the PT was the SRT4, that shared engine and trans with the GT Cruiser.

It was the right size and the exact car enthusiasts were saying people should buy instead of SUVs at the time: as mall tall wagon. They were predicted to sell 50k cars per year, but for the first 7 years, they sold over 150k per year, with zero advertising. A HUGE success for Chrysler.
same platform and generally same parts other than the cruiser gets a bigger engine from the same family. replace those miserable wheel bearings yet? same as a neon. ditto TONS of underneath parts. rotors, pads - of course certain packages that came available thru the years, but its STILL the same platform. If you have a base pt and a base neon, you can shop for both on the same webpage for *a lot*

Old 07-25-2021, 05:51 PM

17,613 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Uncle had one. They loved it at first but grew to hate it for its cargo. Cargo with rear seats up is nearly useless. Only one or two people could be in the car for grocery shopping because they needed the back seat area for groceries.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:43 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,337,661 times
I saw a PT out on the road today. The first one I'd seen in ages. She was still chugging along, though she'd obviously seen better days. Hard to believe people were actually paying a markup on these things when they were new.

Old 08-01-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I saw a PT out on the road today. The first one I'd seen in ages. She was still chugging along, though she'd obviously seen better days. Hard to believe people were actually paying a markup on these things when they were new.
saw one at the demos last night...it lasted untit 6th place outta 15 when it dropped an axle shaft
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram