Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times

Advertisements

or have know someone in real life that did?

Please read my story and tell me if this describes an angel, post a bible verse if you can.

Here is my brief story: I was in the junior high school age, school was over, this particular day I specifically remember that after my parents found out that I had to go to summer school, I was sent to my bedroom as a punishment. I spent most of the time thinking about stuff. Now, the next day something happened. I was in the van with my brother, my mom, my brother's friend, his brother and mom. And both my brother and his friend claimed that the day before (when I was in punished in my room), that at the end of the street while my brother was on his bike, a man came out of his car and grabbed him in back of him, trying to get him in the car, then my brother and his friend say that I was running to them and unlocked the man's grip from my brother and the man ran inside his car and left, this is when my brother and his friend left with their bikes to tell my mom, who, according to my brother, gave him a weird look. There is a problem here, this could NOT be me because I was in my bedroom, and if it was me, then why is it that I do not even have a memory of this even happening? I could not forget in just 1 day.

They told everyone in the van this and my mom and my friend's mother said it was an angel, like it wasn't a big deal. I don't get it, they should of documented this, investigate this, let my brother and his friend take us to the location of where it happened, and maybe have them re-enact what happened. But they didn't.

What could it be? I am 100% sure it wasn't me. And if both my brother and his friend claim that it happened, then that means it could not be a dream, they cannot dream the same thing, and it wasn't a prank. Even after asking them, they still say that it really did happen. Why did it choose to form into me? Maybe because I was the only one it could choose? I was in my bedroom while everyone was in the back of the house, barbecue. Does this mean that this thing shows some type of intelligence?

I asked them where I went after they left, and they said they didn't see me leave because they were on their bikes and didn't look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 05:00 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
i heard of people being help physically in distress when there is prayer being held up to Heaven before or during, and even angels helping people in Ministries were Jesus is doing a work ... I seen Lords Angels about ten years ago, they flew by me very fast and I seen them about three second and they disappeared on two different times . they were small and had wings of purist pure white, Holy Spirit said they were messenger Angels ..... I heard many Angels relying messeges from the Lord over the years, many people believe this is prophecy but is realy Angels of The Lord, but there is a Holy Spirit gift of Prophecy,,, But I have also seen fallen angels in my prayers of the Blood of Jesus where Jesus spirit would bring a fallen angel before me before he sent them down to the pit , some look like bears, serpants, bulls, people, dragons ,,,,,, There is not mercy for these type from Heaven....

Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM

530 posts, read 902,616 times
I have never seen an angel while awake. Once when I was a young teenager & before I even connected any of this really. I had a dream & this angel was in it. In my dream I was washing dishes & there was a knock at the door. The door opened and this angel taller than my door with a long white robe & gold/yellow belt with long white hair & almost animated looking big long eyes was at the door. In my dream ny neice was in the bath tub & I ran upstairs to my mothers room & she was sleeping, but woke & told me I had to go. So I left with the angel & we went up and over these houses & one of the houses I recognized as my sisters friends house ( who just happened to work at the school cafeteria) She was getting a new roof laid on her house. Well anyway, when we got there I was saying this is a mistake I need to go back. And there were two doors. We went to the door on our left & the angel was talking to someone & I heard the voice say, she can go back, but tell her its going to be harder next time & she might not make it. He told me & I said okay. I instantly woke up & my neice was in the tub & my mother was upstairs in the bed & I had to do the dishes. Later when I got to school during lunch I told my sisters friend my dream & she stared at me and said,"they started laying my roof early this morning." After that my life was much harder. My dad died, my mom died, I suffered a terrible marriage & I thought my God I'm not going to make it! I swear I HATED my 20s!! Then in 2004 - again with the 2004. I met this girl. She was a young girl on fire for Christ & we didn't even know each other. Anyway she told me God had told her to tell me some things & one of those things was that He let me stay for a reason (yep all those years ago!). I was like what!!!!!!!!! 1st of all I live in a different state from when that happened. 2nd none of my friends that knew that story know her. 3rd this girl was like 21 & our whole meeting was different. Another time again in 2004 I had a dream about a man I was seeing. I dreamed he was on a cruise with his childs mother that obviously he wasn't suppose to be with. Well this "spirit guide" took me to the ship. I had this dream in Mar/April. I saw them laughing & talking. I saw what they had on. Then the spirit guide said to me,"does it look like they are not together?" I said they are not together. I woke up. I couldn't shake the dream so I called the guys sister who I was friends with & told her about my dream. She got quiet then said, how did you know about the cruise? Who told you? I said what? He went on a cruise? She said I'm not saying anything call him. I called him & he was mad. He said his childs mom had won the cruise & asked him & he said no. She hadn't even gone yet. Well....as the story goes they went on that cruise & he went with her. They went that May approximately 1 - 2 months after my dream.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
I do not think I've seen an angel ( a good one, have seen bad ones), but I have a friend whos brother did.He was about ready to commit suicide and a man walked up to him, knew his name and told him that God was not done with him yet. He said he knew this man could not be a human being, with the many things that he knew, and his kindness, and things that happened after he met with this "guy"
The story was very emotional, and amazing.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM

621 posts, read 1,210,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post

Please read my story and tell me if this describes an angel, post a bible verse if you can.

Here is my brief story: I was in the junior high school age, school was over, this particular day I specifically remember that after my parents found out that I had to go to summer school, I was sent to my bedroom as a punishment. I spent most of the time thinking about stuff. Now, the next day something happened. I was in the van with my brother, my mom, my brother's friend, his brother and mom. And both my brother and his friend claimed that the day before (when I was in punished in my room), that at the end of the street while my brother was on his bike, a man came out of his car and grabbed him in back of him, trying to get him in the car, then my brother and his friend say that I was running to them and unlocked the man's grip from my brother and the man ran inside his car and left, this is when my brother and his friend left with their bikes to tell my mom, who, according to my brother, gave him a weird look. There is a problem here, this could NOT be me because I was in my bedroom, and if it was me, then why is it that I do not even have a memory of this even happening? I could not forget in just 1 day.

They told everyone in the van this and my mom and my friend's mother said it was an angel, like it wasn't a big deal. I don't get it, they should of documented this, investigate this, let my brother and his friend take us to the location of where it happened, and maybe have them re-enact what happened. But they didn't.

What could it be? I am 100% sure it wasn't me. And if both my brother and his friend claim that it happened, then that means it could not be a dream, they cannot dream the same thing, and it wasn't a prank. Even after asking them, they still say that it really did happen. Why did it choose to form into me? Maybe because I was the only one it could choose? I was in my bedroom while everyone was in the back of the house, barbecue. Does this mean that this thing shows some type of intelligence?

I asked them where I went after they left, and they said they didn't see me leave because they were on their bikes and didn't look back.
I'm not going to outright discount what you're saying as true, but if I may ask, how well did you get along with your brother? Are you sure it wasn't just he and his friend making up this story to try and get you into even more trouble? I can't imagine why an angel would manifest itself in the form of another human being that your brother and friend would recognize.

Having said that, I do believe we can encounter angels in our everyday lives. In the Bible, Hebrews 13:2 tells us not to forget to extend hospitality to strangers, because we could indeed be giving hospitality to angels without even knowing it.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,551 times
In my Angel experience. I'm sure God uses different avenues for each individual ( as they say, God works in mysterious ways) I was awake when I saw an Angel and very aware. At the time you might be in such stress that you really don't realize the full super natural bearance of the situation. I have no doubt that the Angel I saw twice, was an Angel. He appeared, as a counselor, and disappeared as suddenly. The second time I saw the Angel I was in a deserted place, and he spoke to me for quite sometime. As far as appearance, I would say he looked very much like the Angels that walked with Lot....At other times I had supernatural appearances of beings as a rescue, such as your bother had the appearance of you ( someone he trusted) Just know that Jesus is with you and you will probably never be able to explain what happened that day. It was supernatural and you know it 100 per cent. What does your brother do now? ( What is his job on this physical earth, and does he have children?)

Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post

You said they left their bikes to go tell your mom, at the end of your story you state that they were on their bikes not looking back...Which is it?...

Old 01-05-2019, 02:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You said they left their bikes to go tell your mom, at the end of your story you state that they were on their bikes not looking back...Which is it?...
That was written in 2010 so you probably wont get an answer

But how I read it is they left With their bikes, not that they left their bikes

Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Maybe. Heb 13:2 "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Old 01-06-2019, 03:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
I do not believe in angels, but I have entertained strangers who had a message for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity