Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 PM

380 posts, read 1,230,138 times

Advertisements

Ive always believed that god could send angels in any form he would like. I think about Michael the chief angel.. not that it matters because Jesus is the main focus and I understand that.

Sometimes I wonder Ive read somewhere about the diffrent heads? I know I read it somewhere in the bible, Im just really curious. I really am trying to learn more stuff as I move foward in my young christian life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post
Ive always believed that god could send angels in any form he would like. I think about Michael the chief angel.. not that it matters because Jesus is the main focus and I understand that.

Sometimes I wonder Ive read somewhere about the diffrent heads? I know I read it somewhere in the bible, Im just really curious. I really am trying to learn more stuff as I move foward in my young christian life.
An angel could take on any form. It could be the boy next door who helped a lady with her bags. It could be the man who fixed a heater in the middle of winter. A passerby who saw you crying a gave you a hug. A stranger who gave you some money for the bus. An angel is someone who just happens to come into your life for a moment to help you on your way. We are each angels and we can all do God's work by just being love to one another.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:59 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
I have the perfect thing for you to read. Please read this book if you want to know all about angels and their purpose in our lives.

Angels On Assignment

It's a book about a Christian man who God has appointed for a special purpose to reveal the spiritual world to his people. In the book the author talks about God revealing angels to us, what they look like, where they are at, how they guard us, and how God appoints them to do special things in your life and what they do and their purposes in other people's life. It changed my life and I believe I had a blessing from God reading this testimony. It's one of the best heaven testimonies I have ever read and the author made it available online for all to read!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
An angel could take on any form. It could be the boy next door who helped a lady with her bags. It could be the man who fixed a heater in the middle of winter. A passerby who saw you crying a gave you a hug. A stranger who gave you some money for the bus. An angel is someone who just happens to come into your life for a moment to help you on your way. We are each angels and we can all do God's work by just being love to one another.
While I agree with most of the above, people are not angels...angels are an entirely separate class of beings created by God. We can sometimes do good deeds for people like angels, but that doesn't make us one. It has become cliche in our society to refer to some people as "angels", like "she's such an angel, always caring and looking out for others", etc.

Bud

Old 08-12-2011, 03:52 PM

595 posts, read 762,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris View Post

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

God Bless,
Mercy
Genesis 19:1-5 And there came two ANGELS sat in the gate of Sodom: and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground.

5 And the men called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the MEN which came to thee this night?

One of several passages in the Scripture that support Hebrews 13:2

Peace!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
Jessica Alba.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
^^^This...I can be totally in concert with!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
This...I can be totally in concert with!
A messenger conveys a message of loving-kindness, it's a matter of the heart.

Nice post, Reverend!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,690 times
Quote:
What does an Angel look like?
Spirits are invisible to our human eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity