Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Did you read his post? Does that mean you feel this way, too?

"The fact that there will be countless numbers of unbelievers in the lake of fire will not and does not affect my happiness in the slightest. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions. I am not about to lose any sleep over those who wilfully reject the truth."
It does burden me that people are going to be eternally separated from God because they have rejected Him, but like Mike said it is their choice. That is why it is so important to tell about Jesus NOW, because they won't get another opportunity after this life is gone.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
One from me
Amazing.And sad.Very sad.

This attitude reminds me of a discussion I had with an Eastern Orthodox Christian on the subject of burning people at the stake back in the day.His response was basically,"so what?They are going to burn in hell anyway so why should it be a big deal if they burn while alive?"

And people wonder why the world has no respect for Christians.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
While I feel compassion for them, I'm not going to live my life being upset or mad. God wants us to live our lives with joy and gladness. We all make the choice of who are master will be and all we can do is show the lost the truth, but it's not up to me to make the decision for them.
Some people seem more upset and mad about the people who put so much faith in Jesus that they believe He is willing and able and will save all. That energy would be better spent being upset and mad about people who you believe are going to be set on fire for eternity.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Amazing.And sad.Very sad.

This attitude reminds me of a discussion I had with an Eastern Orthodox Christian on the subject of burning people at the stake back in the day.His response was basically,"so what?They are going to burn in hell anyway so why should it be a big deal if they burn while alive?"

And people wonder why the world has no respect for Christians.
That is not the same thing

Old 05-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That is not the same thing
You bet it's not! Burning at the stake until death is MUCH, MUCH more merciful than what you believe is God's plan for most of those He created.

Edit: Assuming you believe in a literal lake of fire. You keep saying eternal separation. So, "what some believe..."

Old 05-08-2010, 09:13 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Some people seem more upset and mad about the people who put so much faith in Jesus that they believe He is willing and able and will save all. That energy would be better spent being upset and mad about people who you believe are going to be set on fire for eternity.
UR is heresy and yes, it infuriates me. I do not and will not believe that Jesus paid a high price for nothing. If all are going to heaven, Jesus ins't necessary anymore and that is ludicrous.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:15 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
UR is heresy and yes, it infuriates me. I do not and will not believe that Jesus paid a high price for nothing. If all are going to heaven, Jesus ins't necessary anymore and that is ludicrous.
So if Jesus died for just a few people to be saved, it was worth it, but if he died for everyone, it was pointless?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I agree!!! Jesus believed in eternal hell, that's why He gave up His life on the cross in a horrible death if UR was true, that would have not been necessary.

Quote:
If all are going to heaven, Jesus ins't necessary anymore...
This attitude misses the entire point of why Jesus died. Do you believe in once-saved-always-saved like Mike and many others do? You could say the very same thing about that. If OSAS is true, once you are going to heaven, Jesus isn't necessary anymore.

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
You bet it's not! Burning at the stake until death is MUCH, MUCH more merciful than what you believe is God's plan for most of those He created.

Edit: Assuming you believe in a literal lake of fire. You keep saying eternal separation. So, "what some believe..."
I wonder if the people who believe that hell is "just" eternal separation from God have ever taken the time to contemplate what that really means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity