Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:22 AM

910 posts, read 1,337,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
To everybody.
The Rapture is REAL! It will happen very very soon. It is not only confirmed by the holy spirit and written in the Holy Bible but many people had dreams and visions about it, too!
If you are a born-again Christian and obey God's word, you have nothing to be afraid of.
Please don't let anyone deceive you!
Only those Christians deny the rapture who would rather stay on Earth continuing their normal life such as gaining money, enjoying the pleasures of life. They don't want Jesus to "interrupt" their beloved earthly days.

WE MUST PRAY TO ACCOUNT WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL HELL ON EARTH THAT MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS!

Maranatha!
It is not real. Read Luke 17 1 to end. Read Mathe 24. Read Revelation 5, Rev 19, .All the scripture says is that the wicked, the unrepentant will be judged .. read Killed. To accept a doctrine that Christ did not preach and that is only from your deduction is wrong. When you get to know the truth, it will set you free.

Why will God not finish the business he started with Adam before Satan came and stopped it? Is God the Father of unfinished business? Why would he create you on earth only to have you rapture from the earth when he is due to establish his kingdom? This same mentality is the mentality that prevented the Isrealits from knowing our Lord Jesus Christ. They were expecting him, there scriptures said so. There scriptures also said that Elijah will come, so they were expecting Elijah to drop from the Sky. Elijah was reincarnated as John the Baptist, and they did not realise this. The result was that they could not believe that the promised Messaiah had come. All that happened are actually according to the plan of God. If the Isrealites did not falter how will the gentiles have obtained salvation?

Please bear in mid that the kingdom of God has no bearing with the current Jewish state. That era has passed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 AM

910 posts, read 1,337,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You can keep your 'commends' to yourself. You don't know what you are talking about. You reject the dispensational nature of God's plan and therefore you don't have a chance of understanding the necessity of the rapture.

You keep making an issue over the words 'up'. And 'away.'

It's only good English to add the word 'up' as the translators did. Believers are being caught up into the clouds in the air. Therefore UP. It's that simple.

1 Thess 4:17 Then we the ones living, the ones remaining together with them will be caught up in clouds to a meeting of(with)the Lord in the air, and so always with the lord we will be.

Harpazo Strong's number G726.

Printed from the Blue Letter Bible
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lexicon Results Strong's G726 - harpazō ἁρπάζω
Transliteration
harpazō
Pronunciation

här-pä'-zō (Key)

Part of Speech
verb

Root Word (Etymology)

From a derivative of αἱρέω (G138)

TDNT Reference
1:472,80
Vines
View Entry

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) to seize, carry off by force

2) to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly

3) to snatch out or away

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 13 AV — catch up 4, take by force 3, catch away 2, pluck 2, catch 1, pull 1

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now. Again. For those who are interested. Here is my thread on dispensations which provides a good introduction to the subject.

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/771235-dispensations-bible.html
Where is the air? define the air, then lets discuss from there!

Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I find it funny that pre-tribers constantly think that God's purpose in the rapture is that Christians can escape the Tribulation. This is odd since the very verses that they quote in I Thess.4:13-17 could not be further from the truth and absent of any such thing. I suspect this is because of the incesant and perpetual blitz of pre-trib teachers and the books which they pump out every other month.

The above verses do not even mention a tribulation. In fact the context of those verses are the return of Christ, the resurrection, and the order in which one is resurrected - the dead in Christ rise first then we who are alive and remain shall be caugth up with them. That is we are resurrected with them at the return of the Lord. Therefore, the purpose of the 'rapture' is the resurrection for those who happen to be alive when Christ returns - it is the resurrection of those that are still living at the Lord's coming.

This is the 1st resurrection and the 2nd coming - there is no need to invent a coming of the Lord prior to the 2nd coming nor a resurrection prior to the 1st resurrection. The pretribers have transformed a passage that is about the hope of resurrection of those in Christ into an escape clause so that they will not have suffer in the Tribulation even though I Thess.4:13-17 speak nothing of this.

It is pretty simple - there is going to be a living remnant in Christ when the Lord returns and they will be resurrected just like their loved ones who have died in Christ only they will not precede them in being resurrected. This is the hope that Paul talks about (verse 13 - Christ in you the hope of glory (the resurrection of the body)) not the hope that you will escape the tribulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Why do folks read scripture and give a private interpretation? Nowhere in 7-8, does it indicate a raptured church in heaven. If I may ask, why would there be a "church " in heaven? Have we forgotten our Lord's prayer... "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as in heaven"? Why would the same person who offered this prayer now cause you to rapture to heaven? A guy who in his lifetime was always preaching about the coming of his Father's Kingdom? Guys, get real.. cmon get real!!!
Quote:
Where is the air? define the air, then lets discuss from there!
See my new thread on the pre-tribulational rapture...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ibulation.html

Old 08-07-2010, 05:27 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Default It will be like in days of Noah and Lot!

Quote:
It is not real. Read Luke 17 1 to end. Read Mathe 24. Read Revelation 5, Rev 19, .All the scripture says is that the wicked, the unrepentant will be judged .. read Killed. To accept a doctrine that Christ did not preach and that is only from your deduction is wrong. When you get to know the truth, it will set you free.

Why will God not finish the business he started with Adam before Satan came and stopped it? Is God the Father of unfinished business? Why would he create you on earth only to have you rapture from the earth when he is due to establish his kingdom? This same mentality is the mentality that prevented the Isrealits from knowing our Lord Jesus Christ. They were expecting him, there scriptures said so. There scriptures also said that Elijah will come, so they were expecting Elijah to drop from the Sky. Elijah was reincarnated as John the Baptist, and they did not realise this. The result was that they could not believe that the promised Messaiah had come. All that happened are actually according to the plan of God. If the Isrealites did not falter how will the gentiles have obtained salvation?

Please bear in mid that the kingdom of God has no bearing with the current Jewish state. That era has passed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
If there was ever any scriptural basis for this idea called the "rapture," the adversary of our souls would have no need for ministering a defense plan. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring us to the end of ourselves...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, well, if it's not too late, you could do that now. My Church doesn't believe in anything called "the Rapture," but we do believe in the Second Coming of Christ. You'd probably have to start at the pre-kindergarten level if you were to explain to me what you meant. I don't know if you want to bother or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
The second coming that every one awaits is the final chapter of CHRIST' reign on earth forever and ever, not just for a 1000 years. All eyes will see him and the veil covering will be removed (deception) once and for all.

He already came the first time when he died on the cross for the sin of mankind and said "IT IS FINISHED"

The first resurrection. Revelation 20:5, Matthew 27:51-53

Why would The Christ snatch away a few and let the earth start all over again, with deception...animal sacrifice and all?

7 days, 700, or 7,000 years is in the process of fulfillment very possibly in our generation. (Daniel's prophesy of 70 weeks)

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth WERE FINISHED, and ALL the host of them.

2 And on the 7th day GOD ENDED HIS WORK which he had made.

MHO...
Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders: insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall ya unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Revelation 7:1-8)

39 .....And knew not until the flood came, and TOOK THEM all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Noah and his sons/wives were not raptured in the air)

Luke 17:32 Remember Lot's wife. (Lot and his 2 daughters were not raptured in the air)

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto him, WHERE LORD? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles (vultures) be gathered together.

Peace!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
See my new thread on the pre-tribulational rapture...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ibulation.html
With all due respect Mike, I already know your position on the issue; plus you have posted that stuff before. It would really be better to deal with one verse at a time instead of trying to handle 15 points that you link too.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:45 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,240 times
Everything that needs to be said about the "rapture" was stated in the 2nd post of this thread.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
With all due respect Mike, I already know your position on the issue; plus you have posted that stuff before. It would really be better to deal with one verse at a time instead of trying to handle 15 points that you link too.
There is nothing to deal with. You either understand the issue and accept the truth or you don't. I'll not waste my time trying to convince those who are determined to dismiss the truth.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:54 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
There is nothing to deal with. You either understand the issue and accept the truth or you don't. I'll not waste my time trying to convince those who are determined to dismiss the truth.
The same can be said of you. You establish the truth with extrapolations, inferences, inventions of special categories, and using other Sciptures to interpret the one you should be explaining on its own context.

If you want to just state your positon without any responses, other than applause from like minded people, start a Blog or your own website and exit CT.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
The same can be said of you. You establish the truth with extrapolations, inferences, inventions of special categories, and using other Sciptures to interpret the one you should be explaining on its own context.

If you want to just state your positon without any responses, other than applause from like minded people, start a Blog or your own website and exit CT.
The Scriptures establish and reveal the truth, not I or anyone else. You are free to believe or disbelieve the truth.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:08 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The Scriptures establish and reveal the truth, not I or anyone else. You are free to believe or disbelieve the truth.
Likewise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity