Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,914,313 times

Advertisements

Should the phrase "In God We Trust" be removed from our currency?

Live Vote: Should ‘In God We Trust’ be yanked? - U.S. Faith- msnbc.com

Ya'll know how I'm gonna vote...

Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,243,041 times
Is it lying to say we do?

I wish America did.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:11 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,485,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Is it lying to say we do?

I wish America did.
I think it should remain mainly because of heritage .

When given the choice to have "In God we trust" for the plates on my new car or just the regular SC plates i went with the regular SC plates .

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,876,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Should the phrase "In God We Trust" be removed from our currency?

Live Vote: Should ‘In God We Trust’ be yanked? - U.S. Faith- msnbc.com

Ya'll know how I'm gonna vote...

Bud
Should the christian churches set the example by voiding pledges and doing away with tithing to rely on God to be the Provider, raising up cheerful givers?

If the preacher in the pulpit and the church when gathered togather do not show that faith in God's Providence for their church and ministry, then how can church members go home with that faith for their individual lives?

Could this be the time of the churches of the Laodaceans?

Could doing away with pledges and tithings be the way to bring back the glory of God's Providence in the churches?

I would say no... as in keeping it on the currency, but, it is no wonder why America cannot see this "In God We Trust" to be relevant on the currency.

I would vote to keep it, but it will be meaningless if the christian churches & TV ministries do not practise it.

Last edited by Enow; 03-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: answered the question wrong

Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 PM

33,424 posts, read 26,764,638 times
No. Removing those words would just be another step in the United States turning it's back on God. Of course since America IS turning away from God, those words are pretty much empty, but still.

And in fact I would like to see the words 'In God we trust' emblazoned across the top of the American flag. But maybe that's just me.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,701,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. Removing those words would just be another step in the United States turning it's back on God. Of course since America IS turning away from God, those words are pretty much empty, but still.

And in fact I would like to see the words 'In God we trust' emblazoned across the top of the American flag. But maybe that's just me.
I second that!

No,I don't think it should be removed,but there are those powers that be that are going to make sure it is someday,IMO.
For that matter,I even took a permanent marker and wrote "In God We Trust" on my debit/credit card. ..there is more than one way to skin a cat! (or save one )

Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,237,463 times
Quote:

Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,243,041 times
Quote:

If only the Moral Majority was the majority...but instead the left gets the microphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity