Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:10 AM

33,331 posts, read 26,541,517 times

Advertisements

Here is a good article concerning the pre-tribulational rapture that might be of interest to some. It is accurate in its presentation of the events which are yet to occur. I hope it's of help to someone.

Prophecy in the news - The rapture of the Church (http://www.prophecynews.co.uk/content/view/14/27/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Here is a good article concerning the pre-tribulational rapture that might be of interest to some. It is accurate in its presentation of the events which are yet to occur. I hope it's of help to someone.

Prophecy in the news - The rapture of the Church (http://www.prophecynews.co.uk/content/view/14/27/ - broken link)

YouTube - Debunking the Rapture -- Barbara Rossing

Now, that is my truth! I lived with this fear all throughout my childhood.. it (pre-trib rapture) is called abuse.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,995,252 times
I don't believe the pre-trib rapture is abusive. Sure, people can abuse anything but that does not mean the truth is wrong because people abuse the truth.

Once the complement of the nations enters THEN all Israel shall be saved WHEN arriving out of Zion shall come the Rescuer (Romans 11:25,26). Between the time when we of the nations are taken out, the Jewish believers go through the great tribulation and then Christ comes back and rescues THEM. (Read Thassalonians too).

Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I don't believe the pre-trib rapture is abusive. Sure, people can abuse anything but that does not mean the truth is wrong because people abuse the truth.

Once the complement of the nations enters THEN all Israel shall be saved WHEN arriving out of Zion shall come the Rescuer (Romans 11:25,26). Between the time when we of the nations are taken out, the Jewish believers go through the great tribulation and then Christ comes back and rescues THEM. (Read Thassalonians too).
1st thing.... it is abusive. I spent about 10 years of my life being afraid that my being a child wasn't gonna save me from being left behind. That is abuse of power.

2nd thing.... there are no "pure" Israelites anymore and besides,

The bible states:
Romans 2:28-29 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
1st thing.... it is abusive. I spent about 10 years of my life being afraid that my being a child wasn't gonna save me from being left behind. That is abuse of power.

2nd thing.... there are no "pure" Israelites anymore and besides,

The bible states:
Romans 2:28-29 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.
Like I say, just because you were abused by the pre-tribulation truth does not make that truth a lie.

People abuse many truths of the Scriptures like Grace and Sovereignty etc.

What does purity of Jewishness have to do with what I wrote? After we are taken out the valley of dry bones will take place and those pure Jews will come back to life.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Like I say, just because you were abused by the pre-tribulation truth does not make that truth a lie.

People abuse many truths of the Scriptures like Grace and Sovereignty etc.

What does purity of Jewishness have to do with what I wrote? After we are taken out the valley of dry bones will take place and those pure Jews will come back to life.
HUH? Valley of dry bones?

I guess I haven't been privy to that conversation yet. Enlighten me!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:14 AM

18,253 posts, read 16,961,107 times
Quote:
L After we are taken out the valley of dry bones will take place and those pure Jews will come back to life.
Time to bone up on your history. Ezekiel 37 was fulfilled in 536 BC when Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Israel. Ezekiel wrote Chapter 37 sometime between 593 and 571 BC.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Time to bone up on your history. Ezekiel 37 was fulfilled in 536 BC when Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Israel. Ezekiel wrote Chapter 37 sometime between 593 and 571 BC.
Not so quick there thrillobyte, . . .

Eze 37:24 And My servant David [is] king over them, And one shepherd have they all, And in My judgments they go, And My statutes they keep, and have done them."

David has to be resurrected and be king over them during this interum period after the valley of dry bones episode.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Not so quick there thrillobyte, . . .

Eze 37:24 And My servant David [is] king over them, And one shepherd have they all, And in My judgments they go, And My statutes they keep, and have done them."

David has to be resurrected and be king over them during this interum period after the valley of dry bones episode.
What? David is to be resurrected and made king? What happened to the thought that Jesus is set up on David's throne?

Good Lord there are some outrageous ideas out there I haven't even hear of yet!

Can you post a link to a more in depth article about what you say so I can read it?
Thanks!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

YouTube - Debunking the Rapture -- Barbara Rossing

Now, that is my truth! I lived with this fear all throughout my childhood.. it (pre-trib rapture) is called abuse.

Well it's pretty obvious, this woman simply does not believe the Bible. There is no way you can get around the given prophecies, unless your willing to ignore what is clearly stated in the Scriptures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity