Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:02 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,538,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
This view of David being reanimated goes along with the same thought that Elijah will be reanimated and come again before the great and terrible day of the Lord...which is really silly since Jesus already told us that John the Baptist was the "Elijah" that was to come and he came in the 1st century. Futurists become blind when it comes to that verse also.
Do you think that John the Baptist and Jesus could be described as the two prophets or the two witnesses? I wonder about that because they are both referred to as OT characters..John as Elijah and Jesus as David?

Curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,218,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you think that John the Baptist and Jesus could be described as the two prophets or the two witnesses? I wonder about that because they are both referred to as OT characters..John as Elijah and Jesus as David?

Curious...
They could very well be but I've always thought it was Paul and Peter based on history...they were both in Jerusalem at that time and both were killed. It could also mean Jesus and the Holy Spirit....who knows, in the grand scheme of things...it really doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot to me....I try not to get caught up in the nit-picky details of how it was fulfilled, I just know that it was and that's good enough for me.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:
They could very well be but I've always thought it was Paul and Peter based on history...they were both in Jerusalem at that time and both were killed. It could also mean Jesus and the Holy Spirit....who knows, in the grand scheme of things...it really doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot to me....I try not to get caught up in the nit-picky details of how it was fulfilled, I just know that it was and that's good enough for me.
The two prophets of Revelation will only be dead for three days, and they both die together. Paul and Peter died seperatly and neither had an earthly resurrection of their bodies. So the prophecy, remains unfulfilled, and will have to occur in the future.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The two prophets of Revelation will only be dead for three days, and they both die together. Paul and Peter died seperatly and neither had an earthly resurrection of their bodies. So the prophecy, remains unfulfilled, and will have to occur in the future.
Well then it seems that Jesus and the Holy Spirit fit that criteria.. interesting.

To Christy: It doesn't matter to me much either as it was already fulfilled I was just curious.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The book of Revelation is a book of signs & symbols....did you miss that at the beginning?

The events described are symbols for something else....they are not to be taken word for word literally.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times
Quote:
The book of Revelation is a book of signs & symbols....did you miss that at the beginning?

The events described are symbols for something else....they are not to be taken word for word literally.
Yes, the realization that grown, supposedly mature adults actually fall for all those nightmarish, horror movie special-effects images in Revelation literally happening is so mind-boggling to me that my jaw drops to the ground. I mean I can understand fresh, new-converted "green" Christians in their teens and early twenties buying into that nonsense, but many futurists on this board are in their 50's and 60's or older. That's the truly shocking part. My sense is that more than one has also been taken to the cleaners for thousands of dollars by Nigerian citizens who have e-mailed them with offers to split $12,500,000 being held "in trust".

Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, the realization that grown, supposedly mature adults actually fall for all those nightmarish, horror movie special-effects images in Revelation literally happening is so mind-boggling to me that my jaw drops to the ground. I mean I can understand fresh, new-converted "green" Christians in their teens and early twenties buying into that nonsense, but many futurists on this board are in their 50's and 60's or older. That's the truly shocking part. My sense is that more than one has also been taken to the cleaners for thousands of dollars by Nigerian citizens who have e-mailed them with offers to split $12,500,000 being held "in trust".
You are sooooooooooooooooo BAD!! ROFL....

Old 10-23-2009, 05:36 PM

33,303 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Nowhere---I repeat, NOWHERE in the Bible does it say that Jesus would fulfill only 69 weeks of Daniel's prophecy and that the 70th week would stretch across 4 or 5 or 6 thousand years to find fulfillment. You have been deceived, my friend, by these airhead prophecy pimps on TV who ply their lies to gullible Christians for filthy lucre (cash, dough, moolah, "green"). The rapture, 7-year tribulation and some lunatic calling himself "antichrist" who gets his head turned into a bullet-ridden wiffle ball and then miraculously raises back to life are pure fairy tales. Seriously, how any rational adult actually falls for this utter rot is a bigger mystery to me than, well..... Mystery Babylon. PT Barnum said it well, "There's a sucker born every minute". In the Christian circle the rate, sadly, is more like a dozen born every second. (shakes head in astonishment).
The Age of Israel was interrupted by the dispensation of the church, in which we are now living. The Church-age began on the day of Pentecost 50 days after the resurrection of Christ, as mentioned in Acts 2:1. Old Testament prophecy skipped right over the Church-age, since the mystery of the church age had not been made known in Old Testament times.

Eph.3:1 For this reason, I Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles-2) if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace (dispensation of the church) which was given to me for you; 3) that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery (the Church-age), as I wrote before in brief. 4) And by referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5) which in other generations (dispensations-ages) was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit; 6)to be specific that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel, 7) of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God's grace which was given to me according to the working of His power. 8) To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given , to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, 9) and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery ( THE DISPENSATION OF THE CHURCH) which for AGES HAS BEEN HIDDEN IN GOD, who created all things; 10) in order that the manifold wisdom of God might NOW be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.

Once the dispensation of the church has been terminated by the rapture- the exit resurrection of the church, then the 70th week which remains to Israel will begin. This is the tribulation, the time of Jacobs trouble. This is scripture. It has absolutely nothing to do with ''prophecy pimps.'' Separate the fact that there are people who will try to make money or a reputation from the Bible, from what the Bible itself says.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Age of Israel was interrupted by the dispensation of the church, in which we are now living. The Church-age began on the day of Pentecost 50 days after the resurrection of Christ, as mentioned in Acts 2:1. Old Testament prophecy skipped right over the Church-age, since the mystery of the church age had not been made known in Old Testament times.

Eph.3:1 For this reason, I Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles-2) if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace (dispensation of the church) which was given to me for you; 3) that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery (the Church-age), as I wrote before in brief. 4) And by referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5) which in other generations (dispensations-ages) was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit; 6)to be specific that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel, 7) of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God's grace which was given to me according to the working of His power. 8) To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given , to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, 9) and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery ( THE DISPENSATION OF THE CHURCH) which for AGES HAS BEEN HIDDEN IN GOD, who created all things; 10) in order that the manifold wisdom of God might NOW be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.

Once the dispensation of the church has been terminated by the rapture- the exit resurrection of the church, then the 70th week which remains to Israel will begin. This is the tribulation, the time of Jacobs trouble. This is scripture. It has absolutely nothing to do with ''prophecy pimps.'' Separate the fact that there are people who will try to make money or a reputation from the Bible, from what the Bible itself says.
Mikey...we've been through this before....there is no Plan B for Israel....God finished them off in 70 AD....their covenant is done and over with....we have a NEW covenant now and for you to think there will be anything more is just nonsense and not scriptural. There is no 2,000 + year gap between the 69th and 70th week...in the words of Jesus...It is Finished.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Who are the rulers and authorities in heavenly places?

Quote:
Where does it say that there is a gap...

Daniel 8:26 and Ezekiel both have orders to seal the vision for it is in the future. but in Rev.22:10 we see that the time is near so the vision should not be sealed...

From Daniel to Revelation was around 400 years but you think from Rev. to now (and still future) is near yet 2000 years have passed??

That is not even remotely possible no matter how you twist the words.

The truth is that the vision was sealed for 400 years then Revelation opened it again because it was near.. as in a couple years away, not 2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity