Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM

64,169 posts, read 40,571,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Do you worship God in Spirit and in Truth?
Still trying to get a lead brick to float, Christy???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,242,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Still trying to get a lead brick to float, Christy???
Yes...it's just my nature to be tenacious regarding Gods spiritual messages. It's very difficult to show others that there are spiritual messages behind all those physical things...I am probably wasting my time but I've got nothing to lose in showing others where they err. You never know whose eyes God may suddenly open.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:24 AM

302 posts, read 556,380 times
Quote:
LOL....well you go on an live under the LAW (just remember, those who live under the law will be judged by the law)....make sure you keep that Sabbath....and I will rest in the finished work of Jesus, who is my sabbath rest 24/7...365 days per year. God will continue to see me through my difficulties in life and when I fail, He is there to forgive me and I will move on to the next lesson He has for me. My relationship with God is not dependent upon me following the "dead letter" of the law....my relationship is spiritual and I worship God in spirit and in truth....the way I'm supposed to. Unfortunately for you, you are still living under a yoke of bondage to the dead letter of the law and I will pray that God will reveal to you the spiritual intent behind his laws so you can also worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Be Blessed!
It is not possible to worship God in spirit and in truth until you submit yourself to obey The Ten Commandments --and the Sabbath Commandment makes the distinction between The Creator of the heavens and the earth and all the gods of the heathen.

A person is not forgiven their past sins, he remains unconverted, and does have the indwelling Holy Spirit until he has fully repented. [That means he does not continue to intentionally disobey The Ten Commandments.] The apostle Peter said so! Acts 2:38

Jesus is our Yahweh who speaks the words of His Yahweh in heaven:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." John 8:28-29 (KJV)

In the Old Testament and the New Testament, Jesus spoke the Father's words. Jesus spoke the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai and gave Moses statutes and judgments that would teach the people how to obey them.

The Psalmist defines "the truth"
"and THY LAW is THE TRUTH." Psalms 119:142 KJV

Paul called "the yoke of bondage" the carnal law: (Heb 9:9,10) and he called The Ten Commandments "the spiritual law": Rom 7:7, 14; 8:4, 14.

Donna Kupp

Dear Reader, Will you consider these words of Jesus?

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Jesus was quoting Deut 8:1-3 that identifies "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" as the Ten Commandments. In context, it specifically mentions the manna that pertains to the Sabbath Commandment.

dk

Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,242,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
It is not possible to worship God in spirit and in truth until you submit yourself to obey The Ten Commandments --and the Sabbath Commandment makes the distinction between The Creator of the heavens and the earth and all the gods of the heathen.

A person is not forgiven their past sins, he remains unconverted, and does have the indwelling Holy Spirit until he has fully repented. [That means he does not continue to intentionally disobey The Ten Commandments.] The apostle Peter said so! Acts 2:38

Jesus is our Yahweh who speaks the words of His Yahweh in heaven:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." John 8:28-29 (KJV)

In the Old Testament and the New Testament, Jesus spoke the Father's words. Jesus spoke the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai and gave Moses statutes and judgments that would teach the people how to obey them.

The Psalmist defines "the truth"
"and THY LAW is THE TRUTH." Psalms 119:142 KJV

Paul called "the yoke of bondage" the carnal law: (Heb 9:9,10) and he called The Ten Commandments "the spiritual law": Rom 7:7, 14; 8:4, 14.

Donna Kupp

Dear Reader, Will you consider these words of Jesus?

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Jesus was quoting Deut 8:1-3 that identifies "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" as the Ten Commandments. In context, it specifically mentions the manna that pertains to the Sabbath Commandment.

dk
You just don't get it....do you? Worshiping in "spirit" and in truth is following the commandments written in our hearts....it is NOT a literal word for word observance of the Ten Commandments. God does not desire sacrifice (ritual observance), He desires mercy and justice. There is a huge difference between following the literal letter of the law and following the spirit of the law....until you get that, you will never progress any further in entering into the true Presence of God.

Be Blessed!
Christy

Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,950,935 times
Quote:
Jesus was called a Nazarene. They said he was from Nazareth but this place did not exist in the time of Jesus and there is much historical evidence to back this up that is being revealed in the Dead Sea Scrolls. There was, however, a Sect of the Essenes called the Nazarenes who were Gnostic.

Was Jesus a Gnostic? Paul's epistles and the writings attributed to John are very Gnostic and according to scripture, Paul and John learned directly from Jesus. Are there higher spirititual truths to be found that are not in scripture and how do we find them?
This may have been covered already, but here is what I've been able to discover:

Mat 2:23 And coming, he lived in a city called Nazareth, so as to fulfill that spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

If you go back through the prophets, Isaiah says this:

Isa 11:1 And a Shoot goes out from the stump of Jesse, and a Branch will bear fruit out of his roots.

The Hebrew word for "Branch" is:

H5342
נצר
nêtser
nay'-tser
From H5341 in the sense of greenness as a striking color; a shoot; figuratively, a descendant: - branch.

The Hebrew word transliterated into Greek is:

G3478
Ναζαρέθ, Ναζαρέτ
Nazareth Nazaret
nad-zar-eth', nad-zar-et'
Of uncertain derivation; Nazareth or Nazaret, a place in Palestine: - Nazareth.

Here is an article that talks about it's significance and Jesus being from the Branch of Jesse (lineage of David):

Nazareth - Walking in Their Sandals - location profile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity