Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:47 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times

Advertisements

Is Obama More Catholic Than the Pope? | Newsweek Religion | Newsweek.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Sometimes I wish Julius II were still Pope and the Papal states were still in vogue.

First thing he'd do is excommunicate Catholics like you, Ted.

And clueless politicians will take a trip to the Alps instead, suck up to the Holy Roman Emperor

Old 07-10-2009, 10:19 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,356 times
What I wonder is why some people sound like they believe Obama represents God better than Jesus does.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
The baby killing Obama does in NO WAY represent the Catholic faith. You should be ashamed of yourself Ted for even reading that garbage, and more if you agree. You are so out of touch with the Catholic church. While if may be true for some Catholics, those Catholics shouldn't not call them selves Catholic, for they aren't at heart. They state of the Catholic church in America is sad, and people like you are making it Worse.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Sometimes I wish Julius II were still Pope and the Papal states were still in vogue.

First thing he'd do is excommunicate Catholics like you, Ted.

And clueless politicians will take a trip to the Alps instead, suck up to the Holy Roman Emperor
Why does it not surprise me that you long for the Papal States when the Church acted like the Taliban and would have people arrested thrown in jail and at times tortured and burnt at the stake.

Thank God that Cathoilcs like you are a small minority.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
The baby killing Obama does in NO WAY represent the Catholic faith. You should be ashamed of yourself Ted for even reading that garbage, and more if you agree. You are so out of touch with the Catholic church. While if may be true for some Catholics, those Catholics shouldn't not call them selves Catholic, for they aren't at heart. They state of the Catholic church in America is sad, and people like you are making it Worse.
There we go again a convert telling other Catholics that they are not Catholic enough for them, how sad; it is you that is out of touch.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:30 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
There we go again a convert telling other Catholics that they are not Catholic enough for them, how sad; it is you that is out of touch.
Sorry, bud. You're speaking to a Proud Cradle Catholic.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Sorry, bud. You're speaking to a Proud Cradle Catholic.
Ok I stand corrected, but I must say most Catholics at this forum and others that take your position on the Church are mostly converts or reverts.

So we have a cradle Catholic telling other cradle Catholics that they are not Catholic enough for them, how sad; it is you that is out of touch.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:04 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Can I ask what makes someone more Catholic than another person? Just curious because I honestly don't know.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM

American Catholics are going their own way on many matters of faith and especially on issues ranging from priestly celibacy to political candidates, and there seems to be little the bishops can do about it. This disturbs conservative Catholics, the self-styled "orthodox" who often often say such Catholics are not Catholic enough for them.
I think you would be hard press to find an educated country where Catholics that hold this neo con/traditional view are a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity