Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,168,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post

When you are reading those scriptures, where does it say that they are in the presence of God?

Rev 14:9 If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 AM

5,926 posts, read 6,978,584 times
[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;9695546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

When you are reading those scriptures, where does it say that they are in the presence of God?

Re 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Well that is a good point to raise. So this lamb and these holy angels get to sit and watch this forever? Is this what some of us get to look forward too in heaven?

It often is interesting that we can enjoy watching something of beauty being formed through the means of fire. Ever watch a marble maker hand make a marble with glass rods and a propane torch? It's fascinating, the process is enjoyable because a thing of beauty results from it. If you have never seen it, while you are watching you are expecting a thing of beauty to form because that's what's PROMISED.

Now begs the question, what are they actually in the presence of,. ETERNAL torture, or a process forming a thing of beauty?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:55 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,330,887 times
[quote=Phazelwood;9695784]
Quote:

Re 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Well that is a good point to raise. So this lamb and these holy angels get to sit and watch this forever? Is this what some of us get to look forward too in heaven?

It often is interesting that we can enjoy watching something of beauty being formed through the means of fire. Ever watch a marble maker hand make a marble with glass rods and a propane torch? It's fascinating, the process is enjoyable because a thing of beauty results from it. If you have never seen it, while you are watching you are expecting a thing of beauty to form because that's what's PROMISED.

Now begs the question, what are they actually in the presence of,. ETERNAL torture, or a process forming a thing of beauty?

God says is you make your bed in Hell I am there, but where does is say that the person who is in hell, will then be with God in heaven. You didn't comment on the scriptures that I was asking about.

Quote:
Now begs the question, what are they actually in the presence of,. ETERNAL torture, or a process forming a thing of beaut
That's an interesting question, does the scripture say that the process is a thing of beauty, or for punishment?

God is everywhere, He is Omnipresent, but where does the scripture say that the person is and where they are not? It seems like people are making reading scripture harder than what it is. There is nothing in this scripture that says that God is doing this for a thing of beauty, that is your saying!!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,500,449 times
[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;9695868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

God says is you make your bed in Hell I am there, but where does is say that the person who is in hell, will then be with God in heaven. You didn't comment on the scriptures that I was asking about.

That's an interesting question, does the scripture say that the process is a thing of beauty, or for punishment?
As Jesus ever entered the place of eternal torture ? Sorry Phazelwood this question is not meant for you.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 AM

[quote=pcamps;9695960]
Quote:

As Jesus ever entered the place of eternal torture ? Sorry Phazelwood this question is not meant for you.
Jesus doesn't have to be punished, He is God. God will not punish Himself, Hell is not for God, it is for the ones who want come to Him.

The only punishment was for our sins. If Jesus was punished in Hell, that would meant that satan had more power then Him to punish Him.

But you do remember that Jesus defeated Satan, so how could someone who is defeated turn around and then punish?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:06 AM

5,926 posts, read 6,978,584 times
Quote:
Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

If his soul is not left in hell, then where will it go?

AV Ps 86:13 For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

If his soul is delivered, where is it delivered to?

Quote:
Well, what else would deliverance be, whether we enjoy every aspect of the means? But if we look at it as a refiners fire. Is God a refiner? or is he just a punisher?

Is not his wrath towards us when he makes us better a wrath with love and the end result is beauty? Are all the verses telling us that it is no strange thing to go through a fiery trial not about the refiners fire to correct us and make us better and beautiful in the manner in which God has determined?

Mal 3:2 Yet who will endure the day of His coming? And who will stand when He appears? For He is coming like a refiner's fire, and as launderers' soap.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,349,817 times
many verses are explained here (though it is an annihilationist page):

Why Conditional Immortality is true and biblical

http://www.hell-know.net/#e

Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,500,449 times
[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;9696028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Jesus doesn't have to be punished, He is God. God will not punish Himself, Hell is not for God, it is for the ones who want come to Him.

The only punishment was for our sins. If Jesus was punished in Hell, that would meant that satan had more power then Him to punish Him.
But did God ever go into the Hell of ET

The King James seems to suggest He did

Acts 2 verse 31

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

And hell is eternal torture right ?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

If his soul is not left in hell, then where will it go?

AV Ps 86:13 For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

If his soul is delivered, where is it delivered to?

Well, what else would deliverance be, whether we enjoy every aspect of the means? But if we look at it as a refiners fire. Is God a refiner? or is he just a punisher?

Is not his wrath towards us when he makes us better a wrath with love and the end result is beauty? Are all the verses telling us that it is no strange thing to go through a fiery trial not about the refiners fire to correct us and make us better and beautiful in the manner in which God has determined?

Mal 3:2 Yet who will endure the day of His coming? And who will stand when He appears? For He is coming like a refiner's fire, and as launderers' soap.

Quote:
Who is writing this and who is not writing this?

Apostle Paul confirmed again that Prophet David spoke about Lord Jesus in Psalm 16: 10 and not about himself. God had promised the Prophet that Lord Jesus would rise again and that He would reign forever. Lord Jesus’ resurrection from the dead remains the key to our faith, since we are hopeless otherwise.

What does the word corruption mean? In New Testament scriptures it is translated as diaphthora, meaning the corruption of the body after death. Jesus never experienced this corruption because death could not hold Him. When He rose again, He put on an incorruptible body that was able to ascend and descend to heaven, go through walls, appear and disappear and never die again. This is the hope that we have, according to 1 Corinthians 15:17.

Quote:
Ps 86:13 For great [is] thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
This is a prayer of David, not saying what is going to happen to the people who are being punished. Does it say that the people who are being punished in this verse will then be in heaven?

Quote:
Mal 3:2 Yet who will endure the day of His coming? And who will stand when He appears? For He is coming like a refiner's fire, and as launderers' soap
Ok, I see and understand what this scripture is saying. But where does it say that those who are in hell who are being punished will then be in heaven?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
But did God ever go into the Hell of ET

The King James seems to suggest He did

Acts 2 verse 31

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

And hell is eternal torture right ?
Once again you are making it harder than what it is, I never said that Jesus never went to hell, He is God of course He can go there. He want be punished in Hell unlike some, He will be in heaven.

His soul was not left, does it say that our souls will not be left or His.?
I take scripture for what it says, and I don't add to it. It said that His soul was not left, because it is talking about the actual event of what happened, it says His flesh not ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity