Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
for God has sent you a strong delusion to believe a lie..and to mangle up scrioture..
Makes sense

for God has sent you a strong delusion to believe a lie..and to mangle up scrioture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,313,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I disagree. He talks about the sins of Jerusalem, saying they are worse than the sins of Sodom and Samaria. It was the inhabitants who committed the sins. Then God says that when Sodom and Samaria, Jerusalem's older and younger sister, are restored to their former estate, THEN will Jerusalem be restored. How do you get captives out of that?
because it says captives.

Ezekiel 16 :53-55

When I bring back their captives, the captives of Sodom and her daughters, and the captives of Samaria and her daughters, then I will also bring back the captives of your captivity among them, 54 that you may bear your own shame and be disgraced by all that you did when you comforted them. 55 When your sisters, Sodom and her daughters, return to their former state, and Samaria and her daughters return to their former state, then you and your daughters will return to your former state.

So, it is obvious, that the same people in the beginning of the verse is the same in the end of the verse. If not it would have said other wise.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-09-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 07-09-2009, 09:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,776,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
because it says captives.

Ezekiel 16 :53-55

When I bring back their captives, the captives of Sodom and her daughters, and the captives of Samaria and her daughters, then I will also bring back the captives of your captivity among them, 54 that you may bear your own shame and be disgraced by all that you did when you comforted them. 55 When your sisters, Sodom and her daughters, return to their former state, and Samaria and her daughters return to their former state, then you and your daughters will return to your former state.

So, it is obvious, that the same people in the beginning of the verse is the same in the end of the verse. If not it would have said other wise.
No it is not obvious ... If what you say is true the text is redundant. The fact that it doesn't repeat the word captives is because its making a comparison between the captives being brought back and the nations actually being restored.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
No it is not obvious ... If what you say is true the text is redundant. The fact that it doesn't repeat the word captives is because its making a comparison between the captives being brought back and the nations actually being restored.
No, it's the point that you refuse to accept what it says.

Does it say that God was restoring the people that were destroyed?

What scripture is plain and it is not that hard to understand.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 AM

46 posts, read 61,316 times
[SIZE=3]Please Google this and get ready for some straight thinking and Bible work. Try and get a Bible that is not corrupted like the AV or NIV. I suggest Strong's Literal for example...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Google: "what-the-hell-is-hell" (quotes and all) and read and read and read. From about the fourth century on, we have been lied to by the clergy.[/SIZE]

Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 AM

46 posts, read 61,316 times
Default No eternal HELL, no HELL at all really

[SIZE=3]Please Google this and get ready for some straight thinking and Bible work. Try and get a Bible that is not corrupted like the AV or NIV. I suggest Strong's Literal for example...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Google: "what-the-hell-is-hell" (quotes and all) and read and read and read. From about the fourth century on, we have been lied to by the clergy.[/SIZE]

Old 07-10-2009, 05:25 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,144,488 times
Here is the link Bob was talking about:

Hell - where is it? What does hell look like? Who is in Hell?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,641,253 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
who says hell is eternal seperation?
GOD............and the BIBLE.

You want scripture? Here it is:

Jesus is returning very, very SOON to destroy sin and Satan just like He promised He would in the Bible. And what exactly DID He say He was going to do??

Revelation 20:10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

We see from the verse above that first death, hades and Satan are ALL thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE, which is the second, final and eternal DEATH. What's your definition of fire exactly?? What? No alternative, twisted meanings for "fire"???

Eternal hell IS the lake of fire. How long does the Bible say (above) that Satan and the rest will spend in the lake of fire? Forever and ever.

Here's is some more scripture that some people need to be reminded of....apparently over and over again.

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

I would seriously advise people to stop doing this or they will find out just how REAL and ETERNAL hell actually is.

So simple even a child can understand it.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,144,488 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;9692412]
Quote:

GOD............and the BIBLE.

You want scripture? Here it is:

Jesus is returning very, very SOON to destroy sin and Satan just like He promised He would in the Bible. And what exactly DID He say He was going to do??

Revelation 20:10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Revelation 20:15
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

We see from the verse above that first death, hades and Satan are ALL thrown into the LAKE OF FIRE, which is the second, final and eternal DEATH. What's your definition of fire exactly?? What? No alternative, twisted meanings for "fire"???

Eternal hell IS the lake of fire. How long does the Bible say (above) that Satan and the rest will spend in the lake of fire? Forever and ever.

Here's is some more scripture that some people need to be reminded of....apparently over and over again.

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

I would seriously advise people to stop doing this or they will find out just how REAL and ETERNAL hell actually is.

So simple even a child can understand it.
Hi Ilene,

Sorry, you missed the point of the question. I probably worded it wrong.

But anyway, where does it say that it is "separation from God"? (emphasis on separation)

Old 07-10-2009, 09:36 AM

[quote=legoman;9692433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Hi Ilene,

Sorry, you missed the point of the question. I probably worded it wrong.

But anyway, where does it say that it is "separation from God"? (emphasis on separation)
When you are reading those scriptures, where does it say that they are in the presence of God? If you are talking about the scripture which you commented on where does it say that they are with God.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-10-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity