Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 03:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It doesn't matter what I think, only what scriptures says!!!!
Just as long as were clear about whose not thinking.

It matters how you choose to interpret scripture.

Even thinking about the passage visually should show you that bowing and swearing to God necessitates turning to him to begin with. That is to say they will have to turn to God in order to bow to him and swear to him. Do you think they will be looking somewhere else or that they will be turned in some other direction when they are bowing and swearing to him? ... And they will be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Believe me people, when Christ resurrects the wicked dead, their own resurrection and then facing the true all mighty God will be more than enough to convict them of their sins and shame them into submission. They will gladly and willingly swear fealty to him and be redeemed. And they will suffer loss if that makes you feel any better. I'm sure we cant begin to imagine the shame so many people will experience because of their actions in this life. Some people will probably wish they had never been born during that process. In the end however they will praise and worship God and bow before him for his righteous judgment and tender mercies.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:36 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
God loves us enough to respect the choice of those who reject Him. It breaks His heart, but He is not going to force anyone to believe and accept Jesus.
Will every knee bow and tongue confess?
Would you admit that billions of people have not had the opportunity that you have had to know Jesus?
Would you admit that the rich man in Jesus`s PARABLE did not want to be where he was?
Ask yourself one question..who in their right mind would want to spend forever and ever and ever in white hot burning flames of sulphur and brimstone? Who in their right mind would want their kids to be there?
Most people do not understand what they are rejecting!

Quote:
I understand you don't want to believe some people are going to hell forever, but it IS what the Bible teaches.
No ,it is what you have been TAUGHT the bible teaches. But a deeper study into scripture reveals that God will indeed BRING ALL to repentance. He can do it. Don`t underestimate God.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:37 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

It matters how you choose to interpret scripture.

Even thinking about the passage visually should show you that bowing and swearing to God necessitates turning to him to begin with. That is to say they will have to turn to God in order to bow to him and swear to him. Do you think they will be looking somewhere else or that they will be turned in some other direction when they are bowing and swearing to him? ... And they will be saved.
Does the scripture say that. Can a demon stand in God's presence, no, it doesn't matter if his back is turned.

Quote:
That is to say they will have to turn to God in order to bow to him and swear to him.
It doesn't say how they will bow, it says every knee shall bown. YOu are adding you input.

Quote:
Do you think they will be looking somewhere else or that they will be turned in some other direction when they are bowing and swearing to him?
LIke I said before it doesn't matter what I think in them bowing on what the scriptures, and the scriptures does not say anything about all looking unto God, it say look unto me, and be saved. It doesn not say all are looking unto God.

Most people get upset because I refuse to say what is not in scripture. They add what they think, but it does't say what theyare saying.

Quote:
And it is clear who is adding to the scriptures. Because I asked you a simple question and you couldn't answer.

Quote:
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear
Does this say that all are looking unto so they can be saved?

Old 07-10-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Does the scripture say that. Can a demon stand in God's presence, no, it doesn't matter if his back is turned.
Satan stood in the presence of God in the days of Job. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Quote:
It doesn't say how they will bow, it says every knee shall bown. YOu are adding you input

I am concluding the obvious as denoted within the Context.

Quote:
LIke I said before it doesn't matter what I think in them bowing on what the scriptures, and the scriptures does not say anything about all looking unto God, it say look unto me, and be saved. It doesn not say all are looking unto God.

Most people get upset because I refuse to say what is not in scripture. They add what they think, but it does't say what theyare saying.

And it is clear who is adding to the scriptures. Because I asked you a simple question and you couldn't answer.
I did indeed answer you but you did not accept my answer.

Quote:
Does this say that all are looking unto so they can be saved?
Psalm 22:27
"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee."

Old 07-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Satan stood in the presence of God in the days of Job. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I am concluding the obvious as denoted within the Context.

I did indeed answer you but you did not accept my answer.

Psalm 22:27
"All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee."

Satan was allowed to stand in the presence of God. YOu can't cut off the beginning of scripture and give the other half. YOu should know better than that, or do you?

Look unto me, and be saved.

Quote:
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee
I know what this means, but not what you are saying that it means.

All the ends of the world (safe to say all people) shall remember and turn unto the Lord, and worship before thee

NOw where does this scripture say anything about the wicked being punished and then in heaven. If you are going to keep giving me scripture that is not answering my question, I will continue to seek your answer.

Is worshipping God, worshipping him in hell and then him bringing them into heaven?

It does not say anything about all those who are bowing are going to be in heaven?

I tired of going around in circles and not answering from your side. I am only asking what the scripture says, and not what you think it says!! I'm done with this.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
I thought your focus was Jesus , you seem to be very evangelical about the myth of the gates of eternal torment.
Little do i read about the wonder of the salvation of our Savior.

Just militant in wanting us to believe in a christian myth.

Lift Jesus higher, lift Jesus higher,
Lift Him up for the world to see.
He said, if I be lifted up from the earth
I will draw all men unto Me.

song lyrics Lift Jesus Higher, Lift Jesus Higher by Misc Religious

Old 07-10-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I thought your focus was Jesus , you seem to be very evangelical about the myth of the gates of eternal torment.
Little do i read about the wonder of the salvation of our Savior.

Just militant in wanting us to believe in a christian myth.

Lift Jesus higher, lift Jesus higher,
Lift Him up for the world to see.
He said, if I be lifted up from the earth
I will draw all men unto Me.

song lyrics Lift Jesus Higher, Lift Jesus Higher by Misc Religious
my main focus is Jesus, but I am asking you to provide what you believe in!

I already provided my answer on what you provided. This leads me to see that you really don't have, I guess what you say you believe. I have learned nothing about your belief and don't even see why you believe it, if you can't provide scripture.

Quote:
I thought your focus was Jesus , you seem to be very evangelical about the myth of the gates of eternal torment
The funny thing is I am not even preaching to you about eternal torment. I am simply asking for scripture on what you believe. The univ. that I have spoken to they believe that hell is for an age and then they will eventually be in hell. Well, I would like to see that scripture.

Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
my main focus is Jesus, but I am asking you to provide what you believe in!

I already provided my answer on what you provided. This leads me to see that you really don't have, I guess what you say you believe. I have learned nothing about your belief and don't even see why you believe it, if you can't provide scripture.

The funny thing is I am not even preaching to you about eternal torment. I am simply asking for scripture on what you believe. The univ. that I have spoken to they believe that hell is eternal and then they will eventually be in hell. Well, I would like to see that scripture.

Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven.
You are defending the gates(doctrine) of eternal torment with everything you have got.

God is tearing down the most repulsive doctrinal gates known to man.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are defending the gates(doctrine) of eternal torment with everything you have got.

God is tearing down the most repulsive doctrinal gates known to man.
I am defending scripture, you are defending your belief without scripture.

Are you going to answer my question? Where does it say that God will punish for an age, and then eventually bring into heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity