Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,940,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Agree. He will subject all to Himself so that God may be all in all. He is the exact image of the invisible God who is said to be love. God bless.

Amen.

God destroys the darkness.
God does NOT destroy human beings (or shall I say "annihilate" them from existence forever.)
Nor could He torture.
He is GOD.

Peace.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You seem to be under the impression that I have not been "won over" by my Lord and Savior. I know who I am in Christ Jesus, who lives in me. You don't have the truth, and your brand of love is not the same as the love of God. God loves, and God destroys. Always true to His Word.

Yes, God loves the world.......it does not love Him back. When Jesus returns it will not be as a mild-mannered, softly spoken Savior. He will be a Warrior coming to destroy all that is evil and unrighteous....FOREVER.
Gode is love 1 John 4 :7-10

My Bible tells me

19It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).

20So we are Christ's ambassadors, God making His appeal as it were through us. We [as Christ's personal representatives] beg you for His sake to lay hold of the divine favor [now offered you] and be reconciled to God.
21For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [[g]endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].
First verse 19 tells me it's an accomplished work , he is not counting and holding against men there trespasses but cancelling them.

We also know that one day every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

If you think like many do that they will be forced to confess you are deluded in your concept of the Love of God.

You may gnash your teeth because you can't comprehend that Gods love reaches beyond the grave to the undeserving (such as us) but i do know one day you will acknowledge it .

I am sure there are christians out there who hate the world because it won't believe and in there unforgiving minds hope they end up in this imaginary eternal lake of fire

Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,940,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We also know that one day every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

If you think like many do that they will be forced to confess you are deluded in your concept of the Love of God.

YES! This is the joy that a lot of people (who understand the goodness of our Father) hold in their hearts. This incredible picture of LOVE.

People have very bizarre and dark imaginations. They think that there will be those who bow and confess Jesus is Lord and then God will say "RAHHHHH!! HA HA HA!!!!!! NOW it is too late for you. HA HA HA!!!!! You will now be TORTURED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Please.

EVERY knee will bow. do you know why? Because everyone's knees will BUCKLE under the weight of God's love.

This is a JOYOUS and WONDERFUL scenario.
God is love.

How could anyone see anything less than absolute PERFECTION?
We are talking about GOD here, people!
The C-R-E-A-T-O-R of the UNIVERSE.

When the Father says he will wipe away every tear..
He means it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,351,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
People have very bizarre and dark imaginations. They think that there will be those who bow and confess Jesus is Lord and then God will say "RAHHHHH!! HA HA HA!!!!!! NOW it is too late for you. HA HA HA!!!!! You will now be TORTURED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Please.

EVERY knee will bow. do you know why? Because everyone's knees will BUCKLE under the weight of God's love.
Yes, Sparrow, every knee, every tongue, in every dimension our Father's world!

Phil. 2:10,11

"It is because of this also that God has so highly exalted Him, and has conferred on Him the Name which is supreme above every other name, In order that in the Name of Jesus (so that in adoration of the Name of Jesus) every knee should bow, of beings in the highest heavens, of those on the earth, and of those in the underworld, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

kavmptw = bow=

Used of worshippers.

To bow one's self.

Confess= ejxomologevw

Confess/ profess.

A. To acknowledge openly and joyfully.

B. To celebrate/ to give praise to.

Exomologeo Rooted In oJmologevw

oJmologevw=

To confess/ declare.

A. To profess/ declare openly and freely.

B. To profess one's self the worshipper of one.

C. To praise and celebrate.

In the Name/ Within the Name -Jonathan Mitchell Greek N.T.-

9. For this reason, God also lifts Him up above (highly exalts Him; elevates Him over) and by grace gives to Him (graces on Him) the Name -- the one over and above every name! --

10. to the end that within The Name: Jesus! (or: in the name of {or: belonging to} Jesus), EVERY KNEE -- of the men upon the heavens (of those belonging to the super-heavens) and of the men existing upon the earth and of the men dwelling down under the ground (or: pertaining to subterranean ones) -- may bend (should bow) in worship or prayer,

11. and EVERY TONGUE may speak out the same thing (should openly agree, confess and acclaim) that Jesus Christ Lord <= Yahweh?> -- into glory of Father God (or: unto Father God's reputation)!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM

428 posts, read 801,039 times
Wow. I have just read this entire thread...and wow. Blown away by the angry spirit of some posts and moved to tears by the beauty of others. Literally.

I'll let you all guess which posts provoked which responses.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,542 times
My opinion is pretty known here.
My ears are not tickled...
I know hell exists...it exists in my bible.
When some tell me that the reason for my belief is because the words of MY bible were not transposed right...I think of the children.
We are to be like children..
It should be so simple...so a child can understand.
And I understand it like I should.
I don't take out words that I don't like or add words that I do like. I read it just as it is.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 PM

428 posts, read 801,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
When some tell me that the reason for my belief is because the words of MY bible were not transposed right...I think of the children.
I don't take out words that I don't like or add words that I do like. I read it just as it is.
Unfortunately it is an absolute fact that many words were and are mistranslated that vastly change the apparent meaning of the words in the subject at hand. To me it just seems that God would want us to read the words as they were originally written, so as to gain a better and clearer understanding of it.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Unfortunately it is an absolute fact that many words were and are mistranslated that vastly change the apparent meaning of the words in the subject at hand. To me it just seems that God would want us to read the words as they were originally written, so as to gain a better and clearer understanding of it.
I understand what you are saying...
but some take out only certain words...
If the word was meant to be simple...for a child to understand...
then how can this be if people are rewording what has been written...
My fear is not as to whether some will be saved and others will not...
it is that with the tickling of some ears, some will never seek Him for they have been taught that all will eventually reconcile to God.
I have prayed about this....
and I continue to try to understand how some can believe like this...
for I do believe that faith in God is knowing your heart..
but it just doesn't compute for me...
Why would God teach that we should be saved through the blood of His son and then turn around and say that all go to heaven?
Why would there be so many verses that not all will see the kingdom of God?
Many will knock...few will enter.
Take the narrow path...
Many will claim to know Him...He will not ackowledge all...He will tell some He knew them not.
etc. etc. etc.
The verses that talk about all entering His kingdom are meaning those who were believers....if it is read in it's proper context.

Last edited by *sherry*; 05-25-2009 at 11:33 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Amen....sherry!

A child of the blessed Lord has a hope and faith that is so simple and trusts no matter what!
It doesn't know about doubt or has any reason to seek every dotted "i" or cross "t" to find out why for that hope they have been given through Jesus Christ, because they just believe it. Each and every little single word the Father spoke in His precious word a child of the Father just believes that is how simple it is!
I believe my God, their isn't a doubt in my heart what He spoke in His precious word!
I don't need to look at different translations, commentaries, strong dictionary or some original whatever because I just know.... I see His love and trust the very word He has given me sitting right here next to me on my desk and mostly in my heart.
And you know what? That Bible has not failed me yet.....everything He has given to my life through it has come to life and living in my life...Amen!!
And I will continue to listen and follow His Holy Spirit no matter what other's think or say!!!

It will truly and most definitely will be a problem for whomever keeps calling and saying the Holy Spirit is a liar in all that He has done in other's and me like I have been hearing lately !!!

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 05-26-2009 at 12:37 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 02:32 AM

14,900 posts, read 17,191,188 times
Quote:
Amen, and this with the help of God.

On words that have been translated as "incurable", "forever" or "eternal" in some translations.

Sodom's fiery judgment is "eternal" (Jude
7)--until--God "will restore the fortunes of Sodom"
16:53-55).

Israel's "affliction is incurable" (Jer.
30:12)-until--the Lord "will restore health" and heal
her wounds (Jer. 30:17).

The sin of Samaria "is incurable" (Mic. 1:9)-until--
Lord "will restore ... the fortunes of Samaria." (Ez.
16:53).

Ammon is to become a "wasteland forever" and "rise no
more" (Zeph. 2:9, Jer. 25:27 --until--the Lord will
"restore the fortunes of the Ammonites" (Jer. 49:6).

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the
Lord's congregation "forever"-until--the tenth
generation (Deut. 23:3):

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were
"everlasting", that is -until-- they "were shattered"
Hab. 3 3:6).

The Aaronic Priesthood was to be an "everlasting"
priesthood (Ex. 40:15), that is-until-it was
superceded by the Melchizedek Priesthood (Hebrews
7:14-18).

Many translations of the Bible inform us that God
would dwell in Solomon's Temple "forever" (1 Kings
8:13), that is,--until the Temple was destroyed.

The Law of Moses was to be an "everlasting covenant"
(Leviticus 24:8) yet we read in the New Covenant the
first was "done away" and "abolished" (2 Corinthians
3:11,13), and God "made the first old" (Hebrews 8:13).

The fire for Israel's sin offering (of a ram without
blemish) is never to be put out. It shall be a
"perpetual"-- until-- Christ, the Lamb of God, dies
for our sins. We now have a better covenant
established on better promises (Lev. 6:12-13, Heb.
8:6-13).

God's waves of wrath roll over Jonah
"forever"-until--the Lord delivers him from the large
fish's belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1: 17);
Egypt and Elam will "rise no more" (Jer.
25:27)-until--the Lord will "restore the fortunes of
Egypt" (Ez. 29:14) and "restore the fortunes of Elam"
(Jer. 49:39).

"Moab is destroyed" (Jer. 48:4, 42)-until--the Lord
"will restore the fortunes of Moab" (Jer. 48:47).

Israel's judgment lasts "forever"-until--the Spirit is
poured out and God restores it (Isa. 32:13-15).

So, narrow is the way to life and few find it-until--
and His church confiscate the "strong man's" booty,
setting the captives free so God becomes all in all
(Isa. 61, Luke 11:21-22, Matt. 7:13; 16:18, 1 Cor.
15:24-28).

The King James Bible, as well as many others, tells us
that a bondslave was to serve his master "forever"
(Exodus 21:6), that is,--until--his death.

Quote:
And you know what? That Bible has not failed me yet.....everything He has given to my life through it has come to life and living in my life...Amen!!
And I will continue to listen and follow His Holy Spirit no matter what other's think or say!!!
Amen. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.