Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 AM

7 posts, read 10,875 times

Advertisements

I'll tell you what!! When God abandons this country no one will have to wonder. It will be in such totality and magnitude, the devastation to this country.It will happen so fast you can't believe it. And not in just one city. But all over the world. He loves us and always will. Satan is the accuser of us all. Jesus paid it all for us. People want for some reason to blame God for the tragedies in our lives and I suppose they think they have a good reason; after all, He is God and He can do all things. The only thing they're forgetting is when we leave God out of our lives, naturally Satan takes over and wreaks havoc where ever he wants. That's the whole point. You leave the Maker out of your life and guess what? The destroyer, the deceiver, the liar and the father of lies will come in and take you places you don't want to go. I, personally, have many times made that mistake, but thank God for his mercy and love. All we have to do is acknowledge Him and sustain a relationship with Him and He says He will protect us if we have faith in Him and believe He will do what He says He will do. Luke 10:19: I have given you power over snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy. That's the bottom line. Jesus says He is a very present help in time of danger. Call on Him and believe in Him - that's all we need to do. Never give up and let the enemy take hold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 AM

7 posts, read 10,875 times
Default God Has not abandoned us

First of all I did not say That God has abandoned us. And I don't know where that came from. It certainly Did not come from me. And I am sorry if some people have gotten offended by that statment. When I saw that statement I was shocked to see my name there. I did write a rebuttal..

Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM

303 posts, read 571,440 times
pcamps Campbell34 is right this couldnt be Israel.Although there is no doubt that she is a HO....
In Jeremiah it says she,Babylon will be burned off the face of the earth never to be inhabited agian and thats not true of Israel.
Also the Kings of the earth were made rich by her wantoness...
Sorry Israel doesnt even begin to fit that bill.....

REV 18:3 For by the wine of the wrath of her fornication all the nations are fallen; and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth waxed rich by the power of her wantonness

And this is my interpertation of
REVELATION 18
23 and the light of a lamp ( JESUS ) shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom ( JESUS ) and of the bride ( the Church ) shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the princes of the earth; for with thy sorcery were all the nations deceived.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:34 PM

303 posts, read 571,440 times
I tend to think its America but here is a very very interesting page that everyone on either side of this argument should read before making a decision...

http://www.dabar.org/SemReview/fallbabyprob.html

Old 06-23-2009, 02:51 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,470,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedlydee View Post
Didn't watch the videos. My opinion is God did not abandoned the U.S. Too many have abandoned God.
Exactly God who is faithful and with whom there is no shadow of turning as never abandoned anyone .
To the outcast on her knees (abandoned by Abraham) He was the God who really sees Genesis 16.

Church tradition tells us God is against us unless .

The fact is God as never been against us and if we turn our back on His grace He will shine His grace on our back.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:17 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,470,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Why don't you listen and pit your scriptures against his, pit your logic against his and see who comes out on top?
Fundy the clip starts with this is not a "sugar coated Joel Osteen message" does that ring any bells about what you said to me yesterday about praying before posting on this forum.

The scripture he uses to begin the message "let them alone the blind leading the blind "

Well lets take a closer look at the scripture

First of all He was speaking to the Pharisees and not the nation.

Thousands believed from the nation if you read the book of Acts.
So obviously no abandonment of a nation there.

Does God abandon a nation that it's people are walking in ignorance ?

Then there is not a nation in the earth that as not been abandoned.

The apostle Paul said he did what he did prior to salvation in ignorance.

There are numerous scriptures regarding our ignorance .

We know He loves the world (which includes all nations) so as He abandoned His word along with the nations ?.

Do our children and childrens children become a nation without God in the world ?

I think it would be more scriptually sound to say God as left the present organized church system(which is of the same spirit as the pharisee sect), rather than to say He's abandoned a nation.

Which boasts it's rich but in fact is luke warm.It talks in the same manner as the pharisee we have need of nothing and so forth. It thinks because it as the writen word and an understanding of it , that is what is acceptable to God , but that is all that it as but denys the power of it.
It thinks because it as all the doctrines worked out that God is for them , but nothing can be futher from the truth a carnal minded man can have the doctrines of the church taught him and he can then go and share what he as been taught with another (not even understanding what he as been taught).You see the blind leading the blind.
I have personally been rebuked of the Lord for responding to certain posts on here and have hit the back button several times for debating with some who are clearly blind and whose hearts are hardened to the Holy Spirit.

Come from among them and be ye seperate, and behold i stand at the door and knock are 2 verses that quickly come to mind that God as abandoned the organized church system.

This following scripture is key in understanding exactly what Jesus said when he said let them alone the blind leading the blind

John 8
33They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"

The fact that there hearts were so hardened to the point they could not see or contemplate their need to be set free from sin proved how blind they really were . If the Law which they had was to prove our sinfulness , how come they couldn't see it ?

They were blind of cause and so these pharisees were blind and they were leading the blind.

37"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.]"

Remember thousands of that nation just in the record of the book of acts believed .

Last edited by pcamps; 06-24-2009 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity