Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 AM

777 posts, read 1,442,814 times

Advertisements

It’s like "the 2000 year 'comma'":

And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom,
He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.
And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him.
And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

"THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.
HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."

And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
And He began to say to them,
"Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."
Luke 4:16-21 NASB

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God;
Isaiah 61:1,2

In like a Lamb - out like a Lion.
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah the Jews were expecting and will one day recognize... and I believe - will embrace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,332,194 times
All right Christians. Who used religion and the teachings of Christ to gain power over men to destroy nations. And did not God say He would destroy the Web of Nations, that being the banks? Which of you were so easily mislead by a person who brought so much misery to this country? Did not Christ say to be careful not to be mislead. All that has happened to this country and the world is because two people used religion and the teachings of Christ and God's word to gain power over men to destroy nations. George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden. No man on this planet can use the teachings of Christ or use God's word to gain power over men to destroy nations. And your right Jesus is both the Lion and the Lamb. He is the Truth and the Light. He is Justice and Salvation. Jesus Christ Lives!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,332,194 times
Way to go Sandgirl, if you don't mind me saying that. Jesus Christ is the Lion cause it refers to God's wrath.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Why is it we Christians only seem to see Jesus as the babe in the manger, the Lamb of God, the pure sacrifice hanging on the cross and as pure love? Even though this is all true, the book of Revelation shows Jesus coming back as the Lion of Judah not the Lamb of God. (REVELATION 5:5)

And in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garmet down to the feet and girdled about the chest with a gold band. His head and hair were white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters. He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But, He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last." REVELATION 1:13-17

And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. REVELATION 4:3 (If you notice: He is not sleeping in a manger or riding a donkey.)

I think we all forget sometimes that we serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The sacrifice on the cross is not who Jesus is but what He did for us.
I wonder just like you why some just want to see Jesus as the Lamb, Prophet, Prince of Peace and the such. But when you start to talk about Him being God then some people begin to have problems. Jesus has all power in His hands and He is more than just the little baby Jesus. He is the Almight God who can destroy anything and everything if He likes. I'm so glad that He is for us and not against us, His enemies don't stand a chance and I don't want to be on the other side when He starts destroying them.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:02 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Richio concerning Luke 4 and Isaiah 61

Kinda strange that Jesus left out the bit about the day of vengeance.

I wonder if He was quoting the words of Isaiah out of context ? Or was there was very good reason why He left that bit out ?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,769,372 times
Indeed Yeshua will sit at G-d's RIGHT hand (the hand of Mercy). G-d has a left hand and it is judgment. Those that have trusted in HIS Son will NOT fall under that judgement if in fact they Teshuvah (turn back) to the Father in obedience as they were asked via the Messiah. John 5:24 "If you believe in the one who sent me you will have eternal life and not fall under judgement". Yeshua's words and power ALL came from the Father, HE even stated as much continually. There is however much more to YHVH (G-d) than just what is revealed in the Messiah. Oh and by the way, the Messiah wasn't in a "manger" HE was in a Sukkoth which is a structure made to celebrate Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles which is the time frame Yeshua was born. Many if not most believe HE will indeed return at this same time. The Feast times are of the greatest importance (Moadim) as they are the shadow pictures left to us of things to come. Pesach (Passover) is no different. We await HIS return........may HE come soon...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM

9 posts, read 10,513 times
He came as a lamb to present himself humble before man and as a sacrifice for All Men, if he came as a lion he wouldnt have let them kill him and maybe started an uprising. But now its time for WAR because this wiked system we live in.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:33 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
Who is this Lion of Judah, but the son of Jacob who became the blessed spiritual father to the line to Jesus Christ from Matthew 1:2....`` Jacob begat Judas and his brethern and Judas begat Phares who was blessed of the Lord ...... Judas or Judah was the son of Jacob who told his brothers to sell Joseph to their passing cousins the Ishmaelites instead of the plan to kill Joseph, and later the Brothers of Jacob blamed Judah of getting rid of Joseph when Judah was just trying to save his brothers life..... The name of Judah is said to mean Praise

Old 07-25-2013, 01:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times
I think we tend to forget that "the righteous are bold as a lion."

As the "Lion of Judah," we can understand Jesus in this light as the "Righteous One of Judah."

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-25-2013, 01:13 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Texan View Post
He came as a lamb to present himself humble before man and as a sacrifice for All Men, if he came as a lion he wouldnt have let them kill him and maybe started an uprising. But now its time for WAR because this wiked system we live in.
Although this ^^^^ is a popular (modern) interpretation, I think it is erroneous. I don't think Jesus is "getting fed up with people" and about to "morph into a lion."

Again: read Proverbs 28:1.

Jesus is on our side!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity