Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:20 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

When Jesus Christ, who is God, came into the world as the God-Man, He came as a servant. He came as the Lamb of God. He spoke of things pertaining to the kingdom of God. He spoke of loving God, and of loving your neighbor. His primary purpose was to make His way to the cross to pay the penalty for man's sins, so that those who trust Him for salvation will be saved. Jesus accomplished His mission. Because of His efficacious substitutional death on the cross, anyone can have eternal salvation just for the asking. By simply making a non-meritorious decision to trust in Christ for salvation, it is yours.

The above speaks of the aspect of Jesus that most people want to hear about. What follows below is the aspect of Jesus that far too many people seem not to want to know about.

But when Jesus returns to the earth at the end of the tribulation to put an end to it, and reign in His Millennial kingdom, He returns as the Lion of Judah. And the first order of business will be to utterly destroy the armies of the antichrist who have been attacking Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14 addresses this. 'BEHOLD, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you. 2] For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished, and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. 3] Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. 4] And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south. 5] And you will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD, My God, will come, and, and all the holy ones with Him!

9] And the LORD will be King over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one......12] Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

Revelation 19 gives this perspective of Christ's return. 11] 'And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and true; and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12] And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems; and He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Hmself. 13] And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called the Word of God. 14] And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15] And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16] And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, ''KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.''

17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in mid-heaven, ''Come, assemble for the great supper of God; 18] in order that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.''

This all takes place as Jesus establishes His rule over all the earth.

In Matthew 24:27 Jesus describes His return as follows. ''For just as the lightning comes from the east, and flashes even to the west, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be. 28] 'Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

There is far more that can be said about this. I simply want to focus the attention of those who speak of nothing but God's love, and who talk about the meek and mild Jesus (which He is), that When Jesus returns to the earth He is going to kill, slaughter, and destroy His enemies as He takes control of the earth and establishes His Kingdom.

I didn't bring up what life in the Millennial Kingdom will be like, and I didn't address what happens after the Millennium. My focus was simply on what I presented. The meek and mild Jesus who is the Lamb of God, is also a lion.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-14-2011 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
And also the voice of the Turtle:

"The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land" (Song of solomon 2:12)

The "enemies" you are speaking of are all the son of perdition, the flesh of you and I, which is proud and unruly and selfish and lustful.

2 men in 1 bed. 1 taken away (son of perdition), the other left (Son of God). Jesus, the Savior of the world!

Blessings!
brian

Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
AMEN Mike! When Jesus came the first time He came He came as a baby, He came to serve and seek out the lost and save them, but when He comes the second time He will come as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He will come as judge, He will judge fairly.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN Mike! When Jesus came the first time He came He came as a baby, He came to serve and seek out the lost and save them, but when He comes the second time He will come as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He will come as judge, He will judge fairly.
And in your opinion, did He succeed when He came the first time?

I say "YES!"

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
ILNC last time i looked all were lost, forgive my unbelief but have you become a universalist.

I look at the armies of the anti Christ has all those thoughts(negative) that go through my mind that are not of God .

Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
ILNC last time i looked all were lost, forgive my unbelief but have you become a universalist.

I look at the armies of the anti Chriist has all those thoughts(negative) that go through my mind that are not of God .
You may be lost, but all are lost, I'm not, when I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Savior I became immediately saved, I'm not lost because I know where I'm going to spend eternity.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
You may be lost, but all are lost, I'm not, when I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Savior I became immediately saved, I'm not lost because I know where I'm going to spend eternity.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I think you are missing my point ILNC, you said he came to seek out the lost and save the lost, do you know anyone who was never lost, or do you Latte Chic ?.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
And also the voice of the Turtle:

"The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land" (Song of solomon 2:12)

The "enemies" you are speaking of are all the son of perdition, the flesh of you and I, which is proud and unruly and selfish and lustful.

2 men in 1 bed. 1 taken away (son of perdition), the other left (Son of God). Jesus, the Savior of the world!

Blessings!
brian

"The voice of the turtle is heard in our land." Something about that just struck me as beautiful. I don't know why. That's a great verse, which I don't recall having read before. Thanks, ahigherway.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
"The voice of the turtle is heard in our land." Something about that just struck me as beautiful. I don't know why. That's a great verse, which I don't recall having read before. Thanks, ahigherway.
Prego!

Jesus Christ: the same yesterday, today and for ever! His Love is the BEST.

Blessings!
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity