Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Elvis and Jim Morrison are both dead. Fact.
So is Paul McCartney...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 01:38 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,627 times
Actually, from this
55 second YouTube Video of an interview with the president, his views line up more with Universalism.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM

188 posts, read 506,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Actually, from this
55 second YouTube Video of an interview with the president, his views line up more with Universalism.
Yeah, did you notice how Bush said even non-Christians go to heaven? Then he said he doesn't get to decide who goes to heaven, only God decides.... well which one is it, Georgie? If only God decides who gets to heaven, then obviously Georgie believes that some don't. So evidently, this isn't Universalist........ Though I wouldn't quite call George Bush a Christian. Especially after in this video he spoke of the "non-Christians" killing innocent people, just like he, himself, is doing.

Aah, enough about that............. George Bush makes one want to hurl.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:14 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
LMAO!

People actually believe that Bush believes in the Bible. He's a brother in Freemasonry. They're Universalists that believe in a God, not Jesus as the song of God. There is no such thing on Earth as a true Christian that doesn't believe that Jesus was the song of God that died and was resurrected. It doesn't matter if all these fella's say they're Christian and put themselves in that category. His sheep know otherwise and if they deny his name those guys are never going to be considered faithful believers.

His view is that of Freemasonry that teaches that everyone should outgrow their religion. That tells you how much faith he has in his own understanding, and the Bible. It is a very common view now, and one that rules with power. Dude is as lost as it gets. Maybe if he doesn't get in to heaven from the guy who was sent to his subscriber group, he can hop on board with another and get in.

The dude is truely and utterly clueless. I'm going to take a cheap shot though. He would probably fit right in the Roman Catholic church. Afterall, he already works for a branch of them. And he's worked for the second branch in the past. This would be working for the last branch. He's a perfect fit if you ask me. He already has the modern day crusader thing going. That should help a lot to get in good with them.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
natewood3,

Thank you for pointing out that the RC Church is the only Church that claims to trace its roots through history back to Jesus. What does your church claim as its origin? If you go back far enough you will probably find out that the major christian church were once a part of the RC church.

Here are a couple of good places to start your research.
I'm sure you won't have any problem finding others.

Google is a fabulous tool!

History of Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Important Dates in the History of Religion

Another question....Why is it that so many people who claim to be christians spend their life bashing those whose christian beliefs differ from their own?

WWJD?

God bless us all.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
I will believe it when I see it....

I think if this were true it would be more widely discussed among the Catholic population... this is the first I have heard about it... and a President converting to ANY religion would most likely create more of a buzz than the silent whisper this is stirring up...

Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM

72 posts, read 228,753 times
I see nothing wrong with that - all the power to him. I went to the Saturday matinee service at a local Catholic church not too long ago. It was pretty good. Didn't have to think too much as it was just repeating the same prayer chant over and over again. Kind of a change from a lot of the protestant shows I have gone too. Also, the Catholic church tends to have a lot more single women in it. Yet another reason to attend if one is looking for a church home.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertily View Post
I see nothing wrong with that - all the power to him. I went to the Saturday matinee service at a local Catholic church not too long ago. It was pretty good. Didn't have to think too much as it was just repeating the same prayer chant over and over again. Kind of a change from a lot of the protestant shows I have gone too. Also, the Catholic church tends to have a lot more single women in it. Yet another reason to attend if one is looking for a church home.
Hey there, Siskel and Ebert. Since it is all about the entertainment value, are you giving it a thumbs-up or thumbs-down?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 PM

72 posts, read 228,753 times
Thumbs up. I don't agree with all there doctrine, but I don't with the other churches either. They each have some useful nuggets. I listen to a all Catholic 24X7 radio station and hear some good stuff.
Back to the in person show I went to - I didn't get the Priest's monologue fully. It was too much dry history and all. So I told him afterwards he would get a greater response from the audience if he worked up some new material. I told him to use more ponies in his stories. After all, people like ponies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity