Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2023, 08:58 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Matthew, I agree that the grave ends up in the lake of fire. I believe that the lake of fire has a higher purpose, in consideration of other scriptures which speak to the final promise for all people, and the purpose of fire and brimstone. As far as unrepenting wicked... Nothing is impossible for God..................
To me it would be wrong for God to force anyone to repent or to force anyone to worship Him against one's will.
To me the 'higher purpose' of the lake of fire is: second death - Rev. 21:8
No resurrection from ' second death ' - Jeremiah 51:39; Jeremiah 51:57.
Sinner Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Rev. 21:8; Hebrews 2:14 B
As the grave comes to a final end so does Satan and his demons go out of existence. No eternal life for Satan.
Sinner Satan is a sinner and Satan will never repent. "Death" is the price tag that sin pays and Sinner Satan is a sinner.
Thus, all sinners pay the price of sin which is : death.
However, there will be No resurrection for wicked dead sinner Satan. - Rev. 21:8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 09:04 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me it would be wrong for God to force anyone to repent or to force anyone to worship Him against one's will.
To me the 'higher purpose' of the lake of fire is: second death - Rev. 21:8
No resurrection from ' second death ' - Jeremiah 51:39; Jeremiah 51:57.
Sinner Satan ends up in ' second death ' - Rev. 21:8; Hebrews 2:14 B
As the grave comes to a final end so does Satan and his demons go out of existence. No eternal life for Satan.
Sinner Satan is a sinner and Satan will never repent. "Death" is the price tag that sin pays and Sinner Satan is a sinner.
Thus, all sinners pay the price of sin which is : death.
However, there will be No resurrection for wicked dead sinner Satan. - Rev. 21:8
Matthew, do you believe that it would be wrong for God to gain the allegiance of all people that He created? Would it be wrong for Him to open all eyes and all hearts to see their need for Him? Why do you think that it would be wrong for the Creator to force His Sovereign will on His own creation? I can never understand why believers feel that this is wrong. Again, with God all things are possible. He has all power. Death is to be made of no effect one day. God bless.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
People go to whatever afterlife their religion subscribes to. As far as I know, Christianity is the only religion that has a place of eternal torture and punishments. Other religions do not have an equivalent to Hell. So, you won't find any non-Christians in Hell. They will be wherever the rest of the folks from their religion go to.
The Bible does Not teach ' afterlife ' ( meaning: being more alive after death than before death )
Christianity does Not have eternal torture but ' destruction ' for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22
Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.- Acts 24:15
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Resurrection Day (John 6:40,44) is Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Old 04-03-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Matthew, do you believe that it would be wrong for God to gain the allegiance of all people that He created? Would it be wrong for Him to open all eyes and all hearts to see their need for Him? Why do you think that it would be wrong for the Creator to force His Sovereign will on His own creation? I can never understand why believers feel that this is wrong. Again, with God all things are possible. He has all power. Death is to be made of no effect one day. God bless.
Yes, 'enemy death ' will be of No effect one day ( Jesus' thousand-year day ) - 1st. Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Please notice the little word 'if' at 1st John 1:7.
"if" is a little word but it carries with it a BIG meaning.
"if" is why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.
Please notice the 'seeking with conditions to be met' is on our part at Zephaniah 2:3

Old 04-03-2023, 09:16 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Quote:
Yes, 'enemy death ' will be of No effect one day ( Jesus' thousand-year day ) - 1st. Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Please notice the little word 'if' at 1st John 1:7.
"if" is a little word but it carries with it a BIG meaning.
"if" is why Matthew 20:28 says Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.
Please notice the 'seeking with conditions to be met' is on our part at Zephaniah 2:3
Hi Matthew,Jesus died for all people and gave His life as a ransom for many and He gave His life as a ransom for all. 1 Timothy 2:6. I believe that death and hades will be abolished made of no effect in the lake of fire. Are you able to answer my questions? God bless.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
The Bible does Not teach ' afterlife ' ( meaning: being more alive after death than before death )
Christianity does Not have eternal torture but ' destruction ' for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22
Biblical hell is simply mankind's temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead til Resurrection Day.- Acts 24:15
- John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Resurrection Day (John 6:40,44) is Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

You really should go by what the Bible says instead of your leaders. Have you read Revelation? It absolutely tells us that we will live on for eternity, with God as our God. In his glorious presence.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:27 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times
Quote:
False clergy have used ' fire ' as a scare tactic to try to control the flock of God.
They sure do, don't they - and they got a death-grip on the minds of the poor folks stuck in their group:

From the Feb 1 2012 of Watchtower magazine @Jehovas Wintesses:

Old 04-04-2023, 04:00 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You really should go by what the Bible says instead of your leaders. Have you read Revelation? It absolutely tells us that we will live on for eternity, with God as our God. In his glorious presence.

Revelation is an interesting book. I wonder what the author had ingested before writing it.

Old 04-04-2023, 04:29 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Revelation is an interesting book. I wonder what the author had ingested before writing it.
Revelation was written around 90-100AD.
Enoch 1 predates Revelation (50-2BC) and tells a very similar story.

Last edited by TMSRetired; 04-04-2023 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: removed "s"

Old 04-04-2023, 04:38 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Revelations was written around 90-100AD.
Enoch 1 predates Revelations (50-2BC) and tells a very similar story.
The fact that you call it "Revelations" and you seem to consider Enoch 1 authentic really says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity