Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2023, 05:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
So in your theology, Adolf Hitler is reconciled to God through his agape Love? Along with his henchman of Goebbels, Adolf Eichman, Josef Mengele ,Herman Goring all who literally slaughtered millions and millions of folks. Through extrtemely barbaric deaths of torture and starvation.

Maybe these evil folks believed in Universalism too. I mean what you truly believe effects your behavior. If you can do absolutely anything and still be saved why not just do what ever you like? This is actually the main ethos of Satanism. Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Generational Satanists worship Satan. There religion is passed on through generations from father to son and mother to daughter. This religion dates back 7 thousand years. They hate God and consider Satan as their God and serve him. They would hate the idea of being reconciled to God. There religion teaches that God is the wicked God and Satan liberated them with knowledge of Good and evil. They view God as evil and Satan as the good guy.

They would hate to be reconciled to God as your Universalism teaches. Now according to your Universalism these Satanists would be reconciled to God through Agape Love? Even though they hate God.

Based upon your theology Satanists who hate God would still be reconciled to him through Agape Love?

Read the whole New Testament and find exactly where Christ talks of Hell. It's in all the Gospels.
Everyone brings up Hitler as the ultimate gotcha. We can't know whether Hitler is reconciled with God yet. If everyone ultimately will be, so will Hitler.

I do not say that lightly. I am sickened by the sight of him. Like everyone is. I click away fast as if his horrific evil will rub off on me. I cringe away from reading his name. He is our personification of literal evil.

Can God refine even Hitler from the broken and sick person he was while on earth? God can do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2023, 08:08 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,286,270 times
Quote:
So in your theology, Adolf Hitler is reconciled to God through his agape Love? Along with his henchman of Goebbels, Adolf Eichman, Josef Mengele ,Herman Goring all who literally slaughtered millions and millions of folks. Through extrtemely barbaric deaths of torture and starvation.

God is agape love and He sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world. Adolf Hitler was part of the world. Jesus died for all people. As has been shared, God is able to do anything. It was His good pleasure to reconcile all things to Himself.

Colossians 1

15 [x]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: 16 for [y]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [z]is before all things, and in Him all things [aa]hold together. 18 He is also the head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [ab]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ac]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in [ad]heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross..NASB

Paul described himself as the chiefest of sinners for persecuting the church. God changed him and He can do the same for anyone, no matter how much evil they have done. What kind of heart did Paul have after Jesus got a hold of him? What kind of heart might Hitler have after God is done with him?

Quote:
Maybe these evil folks believed in Universalism too. I mean what you truly believe effects your behavior. If you can do absolutely anything and still be saved why not just do what ever you like? This is actually the main ethos of Satanism. Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Christian Universalism does not teach that you just do anything you want, because all will be restored to God in the end. Jesus came to save us from sin. We are all sinners. Jesus died for sinners to deliver us from the power of sin, to reconcile us to the Father. All were made for the Father. All belong to Him. His goal is to become all in all. 1 Cor. 15. The process involves change, a change from being a sinner and being transformed into the image of God. It is not about staying in sin. It is about being delivered from sin. God is able to change any heart. God brings all to repentance in His own time. Many will experience loss, separation, tribulation, destruction, the judgments of God, the second death. This is all a part of the process of humbling the unbeliever so that he or she calls out to God, realizing the need for Jesus. All will be humbled. I believe that God is able to cause all people to see their need for Him in His own time. He has all power.

Quote:
Generational Satanists worship Satan. There religion is passed on through generations from father to son and mother to daughter. This religion dates back 7 thousand years. They hate God and consider Satan as their God and serve him. They would hate the idea of being reconciled to God. There religion teaches that God is the wicked God and Satan liberated them with knowledge of Good and evil. They view God as evil and Satan as the good guy.

They would hate to be reconciled to God as your Universalism teaches. Now according to your Universalism these Satanists would be reconciled to God through Agape Love? Even though they hate God.
God is able to subject, subdue all things to Himself as the scriptures teach us. All things were made for Jesus according to the scriptures. God is able to reconcile anyone and all to Himself. He has all power. The hatred of a Satanist is no match for the Creator, who created all things. The Satanist will one day bow before Him and swear allegiance to Him (Isaiah 45). This God's work and He can do whatever He wills with His own creation. It is about God's will, not the Satanist's will. The Satanist is lost and deceived, but the Satanist was made for Jesus. Jesus has been made heir of all. Hebrews 1. God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2. The True Light which enlightens every man has come into the world. John 1.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-26-2023 at 09:20 PM..

Old 02-27-2023, 01:50 AM

20,474 posts, read 12,870,446 times
When Jesus Returns

Will everyone have salvation when Jesus comes back to earth? The answer is a clear and unquestionable no. Besides Mt. 13: 49, 50 which was already cited, notice what Paul wrote:

He [Jesus] will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed (2 Thess. 1:8-10).

https://truediscipleship.com/12-reas...niversalism-3/

Old 02-27-2023, 04:55 AM

:

2 Thessalonians 18 in flaming fire, giving vengeance to those not knowing God, and to those not obeying the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ;

9 who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength,

10 when He may come to be glorified in his saints, and to be wondered at in all those believing -- because our testimony was believed among you -- in that day; Young's Literal Translation

On destruction in the passage

ol'-eth-ros
Noun Masculine
ruin, destroy, death
for the destruction of the flesh, said of the external ills and troubles by which the lusts of the flesh are subdued and destroyed

NT Greek Lexicon https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexi.../olethros.html

Posted above

Many will experience loss, separation, tribulation, destruction, the judgments of God, the second death. This is all a part of the process of humbling the unbeliever so that he or she calls out to God, realizing the need for Jesus..

God bless

Old 02-27-2023, 07:14 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,382,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Everyone brings up Hitler as the ultimate gotcha. We can't know whether Hitler is reconciled with God yet. If everyone ultimately will be, so will Hitler.

I do not say that lightly. I am sickened by the sight of him. Like everyone is. I click away fast as if his horrific evil will rub off on me. I cringe away from reading his name. He is our personification of literal evil.

Can God refine even Hitler from the broken and sick person he was while on earth? God can do anything.
I've previously shared a rather vigorous discussion I once had with my old Jesuit spiritual director ( who also was at a time, the archdiocese exorcist) regarding hell and judgement.
I stated my assumption that surely Hitler was in hell.
He rather sternly replied " how do you KNOW Hitler is in hell ".
I couldn't respond with any definitive authority.

Old 02-27-2023, 07:32 AM

I can't understand how anyone could be as evil as Hitler was, or anyone who commits atrocities like that against humanity. We are all sinners but he took it to a different level. Jesus is a story of redemption. He redeems all who are enslaved to sin. In my limited human mind and heart, I can't see how Hitler can be redeemed but God says that He will have all to be saved. His good pleasure is to reconcile all to Himself. Will He get glory in transforming one of the most evil human beings in history? To us we might think that it would be impossible and why would He want to? But God's ways are not our ways. I just think about how it will be when Hitler realizes the effect of the atrocities he committed. What a broken, wretched soul he will be and rightly so, just like Judas was.. When he looks into the eyes of all of those innocent people that he and his people tortured and murdered...I believe that God will be able to use this to bring healing in His own way...We serve a magnificent God who is wise and knows what He is doing. God bless.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:07 AM

491 posts, read 149,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I can't understand how anyone could be as evil as Hitler was, or anyone who commits atrocities like that against humanity. We are all sinners but he took it to a different level. Jesus is a story of redemption. He redeems all who are enslaved to sin. In my limited human mind and heart, I can't see how Hitler can be redeemed but God says that He will have all to be saved. His good pleasure is to reconcile all to Himself. Will He get glory in transforming one of the most evil human beings in history? To us we might think that it would be impossible and why would He want to? But God's ways are not our ways. I just think about how it will be when Hitler realizes the effect of the atrocities he committed. What a broken, wretched soul he will be and rightly so, just like Judas was.. When he looks into the eyes of all of those innocent people that he and his people tortured and murdered...I believe that God will be able to use this to bring healing in His own way...We serve a magnificent God who is wise and knows what He is doing. God bless.
There are folks in this world who hate God and do not want to be with him. Why would God reconcile folks that Hate him and want nothing to do with him? God would then make robots out of these folks and literally force them to conform?

Why then even give folks free will? Why not just force folks now to love him and do his will? Just make them all robots that blindly love and serve God. This is what your Universalist theology teaches. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Some folks view themselves as Gods now and want worship on this earth.

God wants willing worshippers and those that Love him. He is not going to force anyone to do anything. This would entirely negate free will. Why even have free will?

Christ himself says few people are saved. You say everyone is saved. In Scripture no one is ever forced to do anything.

Universalism can not explain this at all.

You say you believe that God can bring healing. Your belief is ground not in Scripture but in the imaginations of your own mind.

Your religion of Universalism fails to understand that some folks do not want God. They want nothing to do with him, they hate him. According to you they are forced to Love God. Satan was never forced. Satan rebelled and took 1/3 of all the angels. They were not forced either. So will Satan be forced to serve God as well, along with the third of Angels that took Satans side of rebellion. Then the whole Universe will live in bliss like robots.

I have no idea what book you get your theology from but it is not the Bible.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
There are folks in this world who hate God and do not want to be with him. Why would God reconcile folks that Hate him and want nothing to do with him? God would then make robots out of these folks and literally force them to conform?

Why then even give folks free will? Why not just force folks now to love him and do his will? Just make them all robots that blindly love and serve God. This is what your Universalist theology teaches. It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Some folks view themselves as Gods now and want worship on this earth.

God wants willing worshippers and those that Love him. He is not going to force anyone to do anything. This would entirely negate free will. Why even have free will?

Christ himself says few people are saved. You say everyone is saved. In Scripture no one is ever forced to do anything.

Universalism can not explain this at all.

You say you believe that God can bring healing. Your belief is ground not in Scripture but in the imaginations of your own mind.

Your religion of Universalism fails to understand that some folks do not want God. They want nothing to do with him, they hate him. According to you they are forced to Love God. Satan was never forced. Satan rebelled and took 1/3 of all the angels. They were not forced either. So will Satan be forced to serve God as well, along with the third of Angels that took Satans side of rebellion. Then the whole Universe will live in bliss like robots.

I have no idea what book you get your theology from but it is not the Bible.
Rate this post positively
The scriptures teach that God will subject all things to Himself. 1 Corinthians 15. 28

He is able to subdue all things to Himself. Philippians 3:21

He works all things according to the counsel of His own will Ephesians 1:11

God's will is sovereign. All will be made subject to Him. He is able to subdue all to Himself. He is able to bring about what He wants in the hearts of men. If you do not think that He does not force His will on folks, please read the story of King Nebuchadnezzar. He works all things, all things according to what He wills. One day everyone will bow in adoration to Him and all will confess Him, even swear allegiance to Him. Isaiah 45. Romans 14:11

So called free will is subject to the Creator's Sovereign will.

Robots do not have wills. People do. God is able to influence all wills so that all will return to Him.

Isaiah 46

“Remember this, and be [g]assured;
Recall it to [h]mind, you transgressors.
9 “Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man of [i]My purpose from a far country.
Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.
I have planned it, surely I will do it.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-27-2023 at 09:00 AM..

Old 02-27-2023, 08:51 AM

Sadly, the majority does not realize that God is operating all things according to the counsel of His own will.

They do not understand that whatever God has planned to happen, will happen,

Man's so called free will is subject to the Creator's sovereign will.

We do not yet see all things in subjection to Him, as the writer in Hebrews tells us.

One day, all will be in subjection to Him as the scriptures teach.

God's will, will be fulfilled, accomplished in the end.

Yes the creature is subject to his Creator.

This does not mean that we are puppets or robots.

A puppet or robot does not have a will of its own.

We have wills, but God is able to influence our wills in many ways so that all will one day return to Him.

He is not ignorant.

He has all wisdom.

He has all power.

If you think that He does not know how to gain the allegiance of all, you are sadly mistaken.

Man's so called free will nor satan, nor the powers that be, can change the plan or God's ability to accomplish the plan.

Ephesians 1

9 He [i]made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He set forth in Him, 10 regarding His plan of the fullness of the times, to bring all things together in Christ, things [j]in the heavens and things on the earth. 11 [k]In Him we also have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things in accordance with the plan of His will, NASB

God's purpose is to become all in all. See 1 Corinthians 15. He is to reign in the hearts of all one day. Man's so called free will cannot prevent this as the creation was made for the Creator, who is love. He delivers all from sin, corruption, and death.

Illustration:

God is the captain of the ship of the universe; all His creatures are its passengers. He is guiding the vessel across the ocean of time from the port that is called "All in God" to the haven that is termed "God in all."

The passengers have wills of their own, but only as much freedom of choice as their Captain permits, which, in the absolute sense, is no freedom at all, since at all times he remains in full command. He may allow them to wander seemingly unhindered about the ship, but even so there are parts of the vessel where they are not allowed to go, and many things which they are not allowed to do. And all the time they are being carried along inevitably wherever the ship takes them--that is, wherever the Captain directs. When the ship goes wherever they want to go, they feel free, but the moment that it starts to move toward a place where they do not want to go, they know immediately that they are not free at all. But, since they are on the ship, they are under the absolute control of the Captain.

And so it is with creation. It had no choice even as to which ship it should join, or whereabouts on the ship it would find itself, nor has it any say in the direction the ship is taking. For much of its journey it is allowed to think that it is working out its own destiny, but sooner or later it is brought inexorably to the conclusion that God is in control and "is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will.".. J. Essex

Psalm 22:27

All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,

God bless

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 02-27-2023 at 09:00 AM..

Old 02-27-2023, 08:59 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,382,745 times
I have had the opportunity in my brief (67yrs) life to witness the toughest, hardest, numb individuals respond to empathy, love, and acceptance.

And that was from other sinful humans.

How much more, from The Author of Love.

Who can I, a sinful and terrestrial human, possibly make a judgement of another humans salvation.

I can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity