Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 10:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
<crickets> Yo, JBF, which of those states of mind were you in when you received your guidance from the Holy Spirit????
Sorry I'm not quick enough for you in responding to posts.

It was not "crickets", it was a delay in responding.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Sorry, still doesn't cut it.

None of your verses specifically say that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.
NASB - "every tongue WILL confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Old 07-30-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
NASB - "every tongue WILL confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord to the glory of God the Father."
I reject the inspiration of the NASB...there are very grave heresies inherent in that version.

Do not ask me to go into detail as to what those heresies are...for to mention them might even be to promote them; and I will not be found guilty of that.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I reject the inspiration of the NASB...there are very grave heresies inherent in that version.

Do not ask me to go into detail as to what those heresies are...for to mention them might even be to promote them; and I will not be found guilty of that.
The worst for errors is that of the KING JAMES VERSION, that is why much of your teachings are wrong.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:27 PM

Luk 13:23, Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
Luk 13:24, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25, When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26, Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27, But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
Luk 13:28, There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
Luk 13:29, And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Luk 13:30, And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I find that this scripture teaches us that there are many who will seek to enter in to God's kingdom but shall not be able. They will see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom; while they themselves are thrust out.

This, to me, appears to contradict the UR point of view that everyone will enter in to the kingdom. It is clear in this piece of holy scripture that there are those who will be thrust out of the kingdom.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The worst for errors is that of the KING JAMES VERSION, that is why much of your teachings are wrong.
The King James Version is inspired and inerrant as concerning doctrine.

That is why you reject it; because it is sound doctrine through and through.

For, it is written,

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Old 07-30-2021, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The King James Version is inspired and inerrant as concerning doctrine.

That is why you reject it; because it is sound doctrine through and through.
Of course, you prefer to protect your pet doctrines based on the faulty KING JAMES, nothing new here.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
I hope you didn't get an aneurysm (cerebral) with that response?

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I didn't read them until we were finished posting. Then I almost blew a gasket when I did!

That's an awful way to look at God when you have nothing to bring to the table for proving your point.

If I'm correct about the judgements, you are in the worst trouble possible with God!

I'm serious, Jerwade! Those 3 questions will have made you judge over the Most High!
well that is your problem charlie you never question anything thus never grow.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:03 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:

None of your verses specifically say that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.
lol pride cometh before the fall, and you are to proud to admit you were/are wrong. Hope you are equipped with a parachute

Old 07-31-2021, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Of course, you prefer to protect your pet doctrines based on the faulty KING JAMES, nothing new here.
See Hebrews 3:7-8, 3:15, and 4:7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
lol pride cometh before the fall, and you are to proud to admit you were/are wrong. Hope you are equipped with a parachute
it has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with the fact that I am right and you are wrong.

You have not produced any scripture that says that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

Bottom line.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-31-2021 at 03:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity