Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 05:57 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,637,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You realize a lot of people throughout church history believe like me? I’m not an outlier here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 06:08 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,513,895 times
Quote:
You realize a lot of people throughout church history believe like me? I’m not an outlier here.
There are no christians other than yourself that have ever used the bible verse you are using to assume Peter was authorized to determine what is scripture and what isn't.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:14 PM

33,427 posts, read 26,796,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Shame he wasn't at Nicaea when they decided what books were God breatherd and which ones weren't . Guess what ?, none of those sat at that meeting ever walked with Jesus ...... whoosh..........There goes Jimmiej's almighty assumption that walking with Jesus can be assumed as being authorization by Jesus to decide what is scripture and what isn't.
The Council of Nicea had absolutely nothing to do with deciding which books were inspired. The New Testament canon wasn't on the agenda at the council. Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code is fictional and not historically accurate.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:15 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,766,197 times
Quote:
there are no christians other than yourself that have ever used the bible verse you are using to assume peter was authorized to determine what is scripture and what isn't.
Jesus gave him the authority! HE WAS TOLD ANYTHING HE ASKED IN JESUS NAME WOULD BE DONE FOR HIM BY HIS FATHER..
THUS JESUS AUTHORIZED HIM!! .. COMMANDING HIM HOW MANY TIMES TO "FEED HIS SHEEP" AT LEAST 4 TIMES..!!
WHO ARE YOU THAT YOU CAN TRY AND TAKE AWAY HIS AUTHORITY GIVEN TO HIM BY GOD AND HIS SON..
JESUS CLEARLY STATED THAT HE ONLY DID WHAT SAW THE FATHER DOING! THUS THE FATHER PICKED THOSE MEN!
AND NOT EVEN JESUS !!
TELL US AGAIN WHO YOU ARE THAT YOU CAN TAKE AWAY PETER'S AUTHORITY GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FATHER? THEY ARE "THE FATHER'S PEOPLE" BY THE WAY !!

SOME HAS BUILT THEIR HOUSE ON THE SAND AND WHEN THEN RAINS COME ....

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-24-2019 at 06:24 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Think of your best friend or closest family who is not a Christian. If you both died at the same time and God gave you the option to give up heaven to prevent your friend/family member from going to Hell, would you do it? Both of you would simply disappear from existence.
I would give God the option of repenting immediately for presenting such a scenario or be cast into outer darkness until he learns what he taught his creation to do.... Be merciful as your heavenly Father is merciful.

The merciful are greater than the unmerciful.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:33 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,766,197 times
Quote:
i would give god the option of repenting immediately for presenting such a scenario or be cast into outer darkness until he learns what he taught his creation to do.... Be merciful as your heavenly father is merciful.

The merciful are greater than the unmerciful.
you would grant God the option of repentance HUM ? .
You realize of course that is what Satan is trying to do to God also. I suspect anyway !!
I think ASatan wants to Make God repent for choosing THOSE ugly dumb monkey like and militant glorious-less bruts as his "children". yep just listen to science a few minutes to find out what hell think of you guys..
they are mad Because God did pick the perfect and beautiful angels like himself.
I THINK HE THINKS THAT IF HE CAN GET MEN TO SCREW UP BAD ENOUGH LONG ENOUGH GOD WILL JUST END THEM **** he finally had to do at the flood. because men had gotten so evil... kind of like modern headlines.. BOY AIN'T SATAN DOING A GOOD JOB WITH HIS PLANS..?
All I can say is good luck to both of you!
GOD HAS PROVED THROUGH JESUS THAT HE LOVES US AND HE HATES SIN TOO !

BuT if it was me// I would of course start with repentance FOR MY ARROGANCE because that apple sure didn't fall far from it's
TRUE tree..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-24-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you would grant god the options of repentance.
You realize of course that is what satan is trying to do to god also..
Make god repent for choosing ugly dumb monkey like and militant glorious-less bruts as his "children" instead of the perfect and beautiful angels like himself .
All i can say is good luck to both of you!
Buy if it was me// i would of course start with repentance because that apple didnt' fall far from it's tree..
So yes we know who your daddy is!
Yes, absolutely, because a god that came up with such a scenario is not the one God the scriptures testify of.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,185,607 times
Quote:
Ever heard of human trafficking? Seriously Matt, you need to open your eyes to the evil in our world.
Of which was sanctioned by your god. Read your Bible. Yes, humanity has its ugly side, but no one, not even a child trafficker, deserves eternal torment in a lake of fire. You clearly do not understand the gravity of what that means. I would have no problem with crusifying such degenerates, but eternal torment is horrifically immoral no matter who implements it. Humanity is a product of evolution and its environment. We are far better now than we were 2000 years ago and the mythical god Christianity was born from. This is clearly reflected in why we do not observe the horrific laws given by the abrahamic god.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,544,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Council of Nicea had absolutely nothing to do with deciding which books were inspired. The New Testament canon wasn't on the agenda at the council. Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code is fictional and not historically accurate.
Absolutely, nothing?

Old 01-24-2019, 07:34 PM

1,382 posts, read 775,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Absolutely, nothing?

Actually Constantine had 50 bibles published, but it was not done in cooperation with his convened Council of Nicaea. Of the books contained in those bibles, only one title has survived in the record, and it is not included in Athanasius's canon of 367 AD. By the way, Athanasius, a Trinity supporter, was at the Council of Nicaea. My guess is that Eusebius compiled the books in those first published bibles. Eusebius, being an Arian, probably included Arian type of writings in those first 50 bibles, and therefore, they would have had to be burned by order of Constantine.

[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]"In addition, if any writingcomposed by Arius should be found, it should be handed over to the flames, sothat not only will the wickedness of his teaching be obliterated, but nothingwill be left even to remind anyone of him. And I hereby make a public order,that if someone should be discovered to have hidden a writing composed byArius, and not to have immediately brought it forward and destroyed it by fire,his penalty shall be death. As soon as he is discovered in this offence, heshall be submitted for capital punishment....." [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity