Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 03:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do the 10 commandments make death penalty a sin? (punishment, church, believe)
No, the Bible teaches about crime and punishment, and even death penalty. However, the God does not mandate us carry it out, like he did with the Hebrews. It is up to us, as a nation(or States) to decide. Personally I would vote against it if there was a popular vote in my State, but that's just me. IMO life in prison is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 05:09 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the Bible teaches about crime and punishment, and even death penalty. However, the God does not mandate us carry it out, like he did with the Hebrews. It is up to us, as a nation(or States) to decide. Personally I would vote against it if there was a popular vote in my State, but that's just me. IMO life in prison is enough.
How would Jesus vote?

Old 05-05-2017, 05:14 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good point, I see the laws just as pure justice in what we all deserve, just like a child who disrespects his parents, in pure justice, he should bring that child to the priests and be stoned, but that is the first lesson God teaches mankind, we never hear of a single child being killed because of disrespect and I doubt a child was ever born who didn't disrespect their parents sooner or later.

Justice and what is actually carried out is two separate things, and when all is said and done, God never wanted a million sacrifices, everything just points to mercy, the law teaches you to have mercy with your own family so that you will have mercy on others.

God just wanted you to come to the point of knowing, that what he wants is mercy. For you to walk humbly with your God, to love mercy and to do justly according to your humbleness and your mercy.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:58 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Even the Sanhedrin believed that if a Sanhedrin sentenced one person to death is 70 years, then it was a murderous Sanhedrin, and no one wanted to be any part of that...
Okay? I'm failing to see relevancy here.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:33 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Decent, but you should watch some of his other videos...
Iv'e watched lots. Most of his videos are very interesting. Like this one, they give a perspective I've never heard before, and often it's a viewpoint I can't refute.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Do the 10 commandments make death penalty a sin?
NOT IN THE LEAST.

Submission to Authorities
…3For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval. 4For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience.…

WHATEVER the law of the land is, so too is the Laws of Moses, we have to keep the laws of mankind also, and putting evil men in the ground is A DUTY of mankind, God has put this world in our hands, and if we don't stand up for the innocence of people, we ourselves are doomed if good men do nothing.

As a People who watch child molesters go free, we need to stand up for the children once the facts are established to be facts about a serial child molester, and he needs to be put in the dirt, so fast, that I don't have words. If we can't protect our own children and our own people, then we are guilty of the heinous acts of other people because we do nothing.

Those judges and people who let these evil men walk free, I GUARANTEE you that EVERY EVIL act that person commits is now on the head of that judge and everyone who put him in that place.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
And there's no other options than either letting a child molester go free, or killing him. <sarcasm off>

Old 07-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And there's no other options than either letting a child molester go free, or killing him. <sarcasm off>
Not in my view, NO.

It depends how severe the act is.

You take a man who is a scout leader, a man who plans attacks and calculates how to be around children to molest them, and he NEEDS to die, that's all.

You take a man what raped 3 little baby girls about 6 years old as I just saw in the news, and you freaking kill that evil monster wherever you find him.

This isn't judgment, God will NO DOUBT judge him, you just arrange the meeting and those kind of people have no cure, there isn't any talking them out of their sickness, they simply need to be put to death IMMEDIATLY in my opinion.

The reason so many of them get killed is because society KNOWS it is wrong, and what other great and wonderful thing can a condemned man do, other than bringing justice to a child molester?

They all need to die, in my opinion, they can't get into the dirt quick enough for me.

I would give multitudes of people passes on this law or that law, but if you are out there raping and torturing people, ESPECIALLY kids, you need to be put in the dirt, and it is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity