Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 AM

396 posts, read 599,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Revelation 16:19
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Dear Ironmaw,

Do you agree the GREAT CITY is first century Jerusalem? ("And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the GREAT CITY, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD WAS CRUCIFIED." -Rev.11:8). The Lord was crucified in first century Jerusalem. If this is future, then who is Babylon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 02:12 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,777,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
Dear Ironmaw,

Do you agree the GREAT CITY is first century Jerusalem? ("And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the GREAT CITY, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD WAS CRUCIFIED." -Rev.11:8). The Lord was crucified in first century Jerusalem. If this is future, then who is Babylon?
Yes i believe Jerusalem is the great city as it is expressly stated. But that does not relegate the meaning of the mystery Babylon to that city alone. The mystery Babylon takes on many symbolic references that Jerusalem alone does not figure into in my opinion. Didn't you read my last comment on this topic? I explained myself in detail. Please refer to post #7 and #9.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:38 AM

Dear Ironmaw,

Thank God we agree on something! Keep studying to show yourself approved unto God. Luv U. jeapostle

Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 AM

95 posts, read 564,465 times
This video gives more insight on the subject
YouTube - Mystery Babylon the Great - USA- NY -You're History -

Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 PM

257 posts, read 444,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar08 View Post
This video gives more insight on the subject

YouTube - Mystery Babylon the Great - USA- NY -You're History -
This is an excellent video.

Also---If every person in the world consumed as much as the average American, it would take 4 planet Earths just to keep up with the demand. This according to a recent National Geographic study.

Just one example---America has 5% of the worlds population, but consumes 25% of the worlds total crude oil production.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
This is an excellent video.

Also---If every person in the world consumed as much as the average American, it would take 4 planet Earths just to keep up with the demand. This according to a recent National Geographic study.

Just one example---America has 5% of the worlds population, but consumes 25% of the worlds total crude oil production.

The video calls New York "the Great city of America (Babylon). There is only one problem. Revelation call the the great city, "Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD WAS CRUCIFIED." (Rev.11:8). Our Lord was not crucified in America, but in first century Jerusalem.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,777,798 times
Quote:
The video calls New York "the Great city of America (Babylon). There is only one problem. Revelation call the the great city, "Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD WAS CRUCIFIED." (Rev.11:8). Our Lord was not crucified in America, but in first century Jerusalem.
Again, the bible doesn't specifically say Jerusalem is the mystery Babylon, it calls it the great city wherein our lord was crucified. And it calls it spiritually Sodom and Egypt, not spiritually Babylon. Though i believe Jerusalem is definitely a part of the symbolic mystery Babylon, it is in no way certainly by itself what the symbolism refers to.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
In all the times I've studied the Revelation, I've never found a direct connection between the great city and Jerusalem. But I've seen solid evidence describing America as Babylon. America is a great city. It is linked together by the worlds greatest transportation system, reducing travel times comparible to ancient city travel times.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:33 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times
Quote:
They cannot accept it is Jerusalem because if they do there whole basis for end time ministry goes up in flames (Not eternal torment by the way)

It is obvious that babylon is referring Jerusalem and to think i believed it to be something else(mainly the catholic church) for a number of years

I have just had a brother visit from the UK who is all about Israel and end time ministry , the whole time he was here he sat in judgement of the United States as if he was literally in babylon , He almost got the right boot of fellowship.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:52 PM

I suppose those who think preterism is right will delegate everything to 1st century Jerusalem. That seems to be thier MO. That's thier answer for all things prophetic. At least perhaps one could get a cheap phd from one of thier universities. The correct answer is allways, 1st century Jerusalem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity