Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

I'm asking. Because I have thought so. But I usually don't proclaim
too many things as certainties. I try to refrain from the desire to be a teacher. There sure are a lot of web sites out there that consider this issue though. And for sure, America is modeled after the great Roman Empire. And America appears to be falling since 9/11/01 and has had many shocking things exposed about 'her'. Don't get me wrong - there is much I do love about America - it is a land full of so much natural beauty. And it has been painful for me to see America decline. But I cannot erase our history of violence and greed. America is the headquarters in the earth for teaching the love of money. CAPitolism - think about that word and what it means.

Babylon the Great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
I don't think it is JUST America, although you think of this empire when you hear, "who could make war with the beast?" But, I think it is a system put in place around much of the world that tries to get you to sell yourself and the beliefs of Yeshua for a morsel of bread. It is widespread.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't think it is JUST America, although you think of this empire when you hear, "who could make war with the beast?" But, I think it is a system put in place around much of the world that tries to get you to sell yourself and the beliefs of Yeshua for a morsel of bread. It is widespread.
Yes, I hear you. But in a 'manifest' way - what nation has bases around the globe in every nation? And for real, who can make war with the beast? Only Christ, I think.

Heartsong

Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, I hear you. But in a 'manifest' way - what nation has bases around the globe in every nation? And for real, who can make war with the beast? Only Christ, I think.

Heartsong
But, our people our connected financially to the others around the world that make this machine hum. So, it's kind of like a sleight-of-hand. That's how I look at it. We are the most visible target, but we are not the ones in control.

And, yes, Yeshua will do his job. Piece of cake.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I'm asking. Because I have thought so. But I usually don't proclaim
too many things as certainties. I try to refrain from the desire to be a teacher. There sure are a lot of web sites out there that consider this issue though. And for sure, America is modeled after the great Roman Empire. And America appears to be falling since 9/11/01 and has had many shocking things exposed about 'her'. Don't get me wrong - there is much I do love about America - it is a land full of so much natural beauty. And it has been painful for me to see America decline. But I cannot erase our history of violence and greed. America is the headquarters in the earth for teaching the love of money. CAPitolism - think about that word and what it means.

Babylon the Great
I believe that the Beast is the son of iniquity, the "opposite" of the Son of God. It (the beast) resides in every human heart, including Christians. It can be seen in such things as pride (including national pride: "God bless America", etc.), greediness (America consumes 25% of the world's resources) and violence (America is one of few nations still using the death penalty; gun violence much higher than in most other "civilized" countries).

The Beast is within us, and is tread underfoot by the Seed of the woman, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

My 2c on how I see things today,
Blessings!
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 AM

How silly of me! I forgot to add another good example of the Beast working in the heart of man today, and supported by the US: Zionism!

YouTube - Gaza aid flotilla attacked by Israel - several humanitarian workers killed

Blessed are the PEACEMAKERS, for they shall be CALLED the CHILDREN OF GOD.

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
America is not Babylon.

All nations have violence and greed. Capitalism is not the problem. People are the problem.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I believe that the Beast is the son of iniquity, the "opposite" of the Son of God. It (the beast) resides in every human heart, including Christians. It can be seen in such things as pride (including national pride: "God bless America", etc.), greediness (America consumes 25% of the world's resources) and violence (America is one of few nations still using the death penalty; gun violence much higher than in most other "civilized" countries).

The Beast is within us, and is tread underfoot by the Seed of the woman, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Blessings!
brian
That's a whale of a post Brian, and one I can agree with. To be more specific, I could agree that it's the Church system that has slandered the character of God, as well.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings!
brian
Regarding the bold, light and darkness cannot dwell together. Christians can only be influenced from the outside by the adversary.

What is all of this about capitalism being sin? It is only an economic system. It has been good for many. Unfortunately, some have used it for excessive greed. Then there is always the consumption statistic. Does anyone ever compute the percentage of money and resources that America gave to Haiti in comparison to the rest of the world? Does anyone acknowledge that the reason we gave so much was because of the system of capitalism enabled many to give?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Regarding the bold, light and darkness cannot dwell together. Christians can only be influenced from the outside by the adversary.

What is all of this about capitalism being sin? It is only an economic system. It has been good for many. Unfortunately, some have used it for excessive greed. Then there is always the consumption statistic. Does anyone ever compute the percentage of money and resources that America gave to Haiti in comparison to the rest of the world? Does anyone acknowledge that the reason we gave so much was because of the system of capitalism enabled many to give?
Job 1:6--"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them." The struggle between the Son of God and the son of perdition, both within man, is still going on.
I see this very plainly when I see rallies of "Christians" with televangelists giving support to the hateful Zionist regime.
Pentecost was also known as a feast "with leaven." It is not pure, like Passover and Tabernacles are.

Just how I personally am seeing things today,
Blessings DRob4JC,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity