Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 09:47 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times

Advertisements

He tells us to come to Him as a small child; He didn't say for us to stay that way. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
He tells us to come to Him as a small child; He didn't say for us to stay that way. Peace
Another way you are saying you aren't obedient to Jesus. Those who haven't met Him aren't obedient.

And, yes Paul bragged about being a Pharisee---the very reason so much of his writing is counter to that of Jesus. Your understanding of Jesus is by looking at the rest of the Bible. My understanding of the Bible is by looking at Jesus. Your way puts the worst nature of some of those writings at the center of Divinity. The way of Christ followers places the emphasis of Jesus life on the rest of the Bible. Your way justifies your negativity about "outcast" people like gays. The way of Christ accepts all the people rejected by the way of the Pharisees.

No problem, you are representing the Chief of the Pharisees quite well.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Wonder what He meant by "as a small child?" We know it wasn't to remain physically as a child...hmmm...what attributes of a child might He have been talking about?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Another way you are saying you aren't obedient to Jesus. Those who haven't met Him aren't obedient.

And, yes Paul bragged about being a Pharisee---the very reason so much of his writing is counter to that of Jesus. Your understanding of Jesus is by looking at the rest of the Bible. My understanding of the Bible is by looking at Jesus. Your way puts the worst nature of some of those writings at the center of Divinity. The way of Christ followers places the emphasis of Jesus life on the rest of the Bible. Your way justifies your negativity about "outcast" people like gays. The way of Christ accepts all the people rejected by the way of the Pharisees.

No problem, you are representing the Chief of the Pharisees quite well.
How you derive that from what I said, escapes me entirely. You apparently have no other recourse now besides to slander and question my spiritual pedigree.

None of his writing in counter to Jesus, unless you have a lack of understanding SPIRITUALLY what was said, and the fact that in some of his writing he was DEFENDING a position by basically declaring the opposite in comparison, yet those with no understanding of literary devices much less Jewish methods of study and discourse which Paul would have been expert in as a student of Hillel.

Again, call me a Pharisee all you want, the zeal of His house IS consuming me. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 12:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
You apparently have no other recourse now besides to slander and question my spiritual pedigree.
What is your 'spiritual pedigree'?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:45 PM

It means in standard Christian terminology, whether I'm "born again" or not. Which of course, is also a mistranslation easily determined by revealed principle, but that's another subject. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 01:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
It means in standard Christian terminology, whether I'm "born again" or not. Which of course, is also a mistranslation easily determined by revealed principle, but that's another subject. Peace
Of course! And.....don't tell me, let me guess... you are one of the chosen few to whom it has been revealed, right?

While the rest of us, including Warden who is an especially bright and observant fellow who has had a heck of a spiritual journey, are stumbling around in spiritual darkness because we don't believe what you believe. And whatever we believe isn't up to snuff, since we're not the lucky ducks who know the 'revealed principle'. (Two words that makes me want to check and make sure I still have my wallet.)

Uh, huh. Ain't religion fun!!!

Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Of course! And.....don't tell me, let me guess... you are one of the chosen few to whom it has been revealed, right?

While the rest of us, including Warden who is an especially bright and observant fellow who has had a heck of a spiritual journey, are stumbling around in spiritual darkness because we don't believe what you believe. And whatever we believe isn't up to snuff, since we're not the lucky ducks who know the 'revealed principle'. (Two words that makes me want to check and make sure I still have my wallet.)

Uh, huh. Ain't religion fun!!!

Actually, quite a few have searched it out, preferring not to take organized Christian religion's word for it. Maybe you should, too.. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
The cult power is strong in this one...

Old 03-30-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
How you derive that from what I said, escapes me entirely. You apparently have no other recourse now besides to slander and question my spiritual pedigree.

None of his writing in counter to Jesus, unless you have a lack of understanding SPIRITUALLY what was said, and the fact that in some of his writing he was DEFENDING a position by basically declaring the opposite in comparison, yet those with no understanding of literary devices much less Jewish methods of study and discourse which Paul would have been expert in as a student of Hillel.

Again, call me a Pharisee all you want, the zeal of His house IS consuming me. Peace
Pedigrees are worthless. What matters is does one meet the criteria set out by Christ to be known as a disciple...

What chapter / verse is being used to justify "the zeal of His house is consuming me" as evidence that one is a committed follower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.