Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 07:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,711,619 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is this is the CHRISTIANITY forum. If one is so filled with disgust toward Christianity or Christians or if Christianity just plain doesn't interest them, why on earth are they on this forum, posting their little hearts out?

There are many forums here that I've never visited, simply because I have no interest in the subject. It doesn't seem like rocket science. I really have no basic interest in cars. I can't imagine going to the Auto forum and beating up on people who like Fords just because I prefer Chevys. Nor can I imagine going to the Atheism forum and bashing on atheists. It makes no sense to reasonably intelligent people.

But that's just me.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:42 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,721,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's a shame, and makes discussions about Biblical topics nearly impossible.
Yes it does and to why I rarely interact here anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
That's good for we are not to have fellowship with darkness. Those who attack the bible for instance are of Satan and are not Christians anyway. Why fellowship with evil?
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I don't have to read 86 replies to know the answer to the OP's question.

The answer is: YES!

Atheists have search engines that allow them to flock to anything to do with Christianity so they can put up their endless, scripted, vitriolic posts. They are so expected and unoriginal that it simply isn't worth bothering.

And, there's no sense in arguing because it only falls on deaf ears.
Amen !
It's not only Atheist but those who are oppose the word (Bible) and certainly the will of God that call themselves christian..
I rarely or will not reply to those I know from posting here for so many years that it is obvious their motive is not to learn but to create strife on a everyday routine !
It is like putting fuel on the fire, feeding their appetites of causing strife among the brethren.

One should not open themself up to the works of darkness when it is one who has been warned many times !

Old 06-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The bottom line is this is the CHRISTIANITY forum. If one is so filled with disgust toward Christianity or Christians or if Christianity just plain doesn't interest them, why on earth are they on this forum, posting their little hearts out?

There are many forums here that I've never visited, simply because I have no interest in the subject. It doesn't seem like rocket science. I really have no basic interest in cars. I can't imagine going to the Auto forum and beating up on people who like Fords just because I prefer Chevys. Nor can I imagine going to the Atheism forum and bashing on atheists. It makes no sense to reasonably intelligent people.

But that's just me.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post
Seeking God for me is not like trying on shoes at Payless Shoe Source. I find Him through prayer and Scripture. My spiritual growth is not stagnant because I have never been a Universalist, an animist, a Muslim, or a Hindi.

Do you seriously see the majority of threads by "fundamentalists?" Where? What I see are threads that I can't make heads or tails about and threads that Hell does not exist. Last week, I started a thread on Prison Ministries and had one response. Here's an opportunity for Christians to make a difference in the life of not just an inmate, but a child and no one on here who calls themselves Christians cares.

Everyone on here espouses themselves as a "loving, caring Christian seeking to be Christ-like." Phooey. I see a bunch of disingenuous phonies and angry young and old people with time to sit behind a keyboard 17 hours a day spouting off, but with no time to get out and do His work in a world that needs Him and you.

It's been said Jesus never wrote anything. I doubt if the second coming were today he'd sit at a computer typing about himself or worry about whether what Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter and Paul wrote were really what he meant for them to say. He's not coming back to clarify what he said, but to set up his kingdom for those who listened. He's not going to care how many scholarly books you've read, but what you've done for him.

All these people on here who are so full of themselves that they no longer go to church because by golly those stupid old churches just don't understand ME because I just read Bart Erhman's latest book are blind to what Jesus started. Our church works with 7 others in our community preparing, from scratch in our church kitchen, meals for the homeless, elderly and anyone else who walks through the door. We check up on those who aren't there to make sure they're okay. The people who buy, prepare and cook this food are not paid a dime for their efforts nor do they expect to be for they do it as service to the Lord. There's a homeless guy named Ed who rides his bike around town collecting pop cans and bottles. He's stinky, he's not all right in the head, his clothes are rags. When he didn't show up at any of the 8 different churches for meals we went looking for him. We found him under an overpass. I thought he was dead. Instead he had some abscessed teeth and had passed out from the pain. We took him to the dentist and all 8 churches paid his bills. We didn't argue over doctrine, we did what Christ would have done. And this is just one of the many community ministries we're involved in. I'm not saying this to beat my chest and brag, but to show what we should be doing.

I doubt God is going to judge us by whether we were Fundamental Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, Reformed Presbyterians or whatever label you attach to yourself. He's not going to care how many volumes of worthless junk you've typed on the C-D forum. He is going to care about our relationship to His son and whether we furthered what he started those 2000 years ago.

Please don't tell me this forum is your ministry. Give me a break. God did not put us here to spend hours upon hours arguing doctrinal issues most of which have no bearing on anything important to Christianity. The regulars on here couldn't care less about anyone else. If you suddenly quit posting you'd be forgotten in a 20 threads. Compare that to that homeless guy Ed. The dentist said without care he could have died. Imagine dying from bad teeth. In America no less. How many other Ed's are there out there needing someone, someone like YOU? Nothing is worse than some guy pushing 70 years old claiming to be a Christian representing the down trodden but who is so angry inside it comes forth as venom in every forum post he makes.

If you call yourself a Christian and truly are one, then put your love out there in the real world. But, if you're content to hide behind a keyboard out there in cyberspace and call those of us who are out there trying to make a difference for Christ year after year, "hateful fundamentalists, abominations to God, false teachers, and embarrassments to Jesus" like I've been called by some so-called loving Christians on this forum, God help you.
Amen !

Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,442,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Fear leads to anger...
This bears repeating. Something for all of us to keep in mind.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,569,031 times
Over the years I have seen this forum evolve from a fellowship and discussion of all flavors of Christianity into "You are a Christian only if you believe my way" type of forum.

Instead of listening and learning about other doctrines within Christianity it seems now many of posters feel it is their duty to insult and attack each other, because they may or may not follow a particular verse/verses in the bible or they do not follow any of man's traditions, yet they follow Christ..

Christianity involves millions and millions of people who follow the ways and teachings of Christ..their doctrines and modes of worship may differ, but as long as they know Jesus and his one commandment that trumps all all others nothing else matters.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Kudos to Warden for post #82 and to Pastor Al for #97. Too soon to rep either one of them.

DOING good is what matters. Not lecturing, rebuking and quoting scripture.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,532,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Fear leads to anger...
Like virtually every post of Rider's Pantheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
The Bible is so full of evil, and is responsible for a LOT of evil, Christians can't defend the Bible, and they never do. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Your average fundamentalist cannot even find a particular book in the Bible, much less tell you what it says or is about. .
Quote:
. All the murder, genocide, and slavery in the Bible is largely ignored. Christians only want to hear good things and ignore the bad. They love the immoral, murderous, genocidal, false God of terrorism. ... They cover up for him, and deem him holy, JUST as Jesus did.
Quote:
. The Bible makes Christians bigoted against all who do not accept their incredibly evil false prophet and his immoral God of terrorism as their loving God. .
Quote:
Jesus had NO COMPASSION for the victims of Moses. Jesus took Moses's side. Jesus worships Moses's immoral God of terrorism. YHWH is his Father/God who forsaken him. Just truth.
Quote:
Jesus's Father/God is YHWH. Jesus makes no bones about that. The Bible reveals YHWH as the immoral God of terrorism, and Jesus had NO compassion for any of his victims. ..
Quote:
The God of Jesus is YHWH. There is no salvation in worshipping him, showering love upon him. He is pretty much Satan, jealous, controlling, murderous, genocidal, enslaving. That is who Jesus worships and he performs his miracles on his behalf. Jesus empowers him, enables him. We all should be rebelling against yours and Jesus's immoral God of terrorism. If you had a moral compass, you would rebel.
Quote:
Jesus performing miracles on YHWH's behalf, and never lifting a finger against YHWH of the Bible or Moses and his atrocities is what spread terrorism to the world. It is because of Jesus slavery spread, genocide, witch hunts, and Islam. Muhammad and Islam would have never existed if Jesus wasn't performing miracles on YHWH's behalf imo.
Quote:
Jesus is NOT The savior of the Jews. He did NOT show them the light and the way. He, instead, enabled YHWH's terrorism to further control them, imprison them, enslave them. Jesus needed to throw Moses, the false prophet, and his false God into the lake of fire where they belong. ThAt would be saving the Jews, and mankind. Instead, he performed miracles on their behalf.
Quote:
Christians tend to be bigoted. And they are like that because of the Bible they dutifully follow. Bigoted against gays, and people of other religions. Christians burned people at the stake for practicing other religions, and the Bible CLEARLY sanctions that behavior. The doctrine is FULLL of evil and it is EXTREMELY dangerous. And anyone who doesn't like the Moderator cut: deleted of the Bible is deemed the evil antichrist.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 AM

33,367 posts, read 26,640,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Thanks Al. Perhaps it is time to move-on to other Christian forums. I've been somewhat 'stuck' on this one, hoping that the voices of true, Bible-believing Christians would prevail. But, it seems instead like the cacophony of noise is drowning-out voices of reason and truth. Like you, I attempt to ignore the bombastic chants of those seeking only to tear-down the truth, but, it's often like shouting at a mob.

We've truly reached a time where many are 'no longer willing to endure sound doctrine.' The vain, shouted philosophies of men seem to be swaying those who are not firmly rooted in the truth.'

Please PM me with the names/links for some of the other Christian forums you mentioned.
And please PM me as well if you would Al. Thanks. Although I am disgusted with all the unbiblical teaching and with the petty behavior of many on this forum I don't intend to stop posting here because I know that there are some people who appreciate what I post even though my posts come under attack by the usual people. But it would be good to consider other forums as well.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,532,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Fear leads to anger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
This bears repeating. Something for all of us to keep in mind.
Like the stoning of Stephen ....
"Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul."
The same crowd that opposes the "boogeyman fundamentalists " are no less guilty with their silently watching .. let alone with their faint chirps of like-minded approval sentiments \ "some who smell fresh air in the forums"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
My feeling is that Jesus came to reveal His true Father to us, not the evil caricature of Yahweh the Jews dreamed up in Exodus to justify their wholesale slaughter of surrounding tribes. Yahweh was just as much an abomination to Jesus as he is to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm glad there are some who smell fresh air in the forums. A few of the most rabid fundamentalists start the same threads over and over, then get upset when anyone challenges their viewpoint, calling such challenges "a personal attack." .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I like this post Thrill. Jesus Christ either showed another side of God never known before, no slaying of sinners or nations and no fire and brimstone upon them that did not worship him or he showed the only side of God and all that God is and in doing so corrected our misconception of God. I believe the latter.
There comes a time when the kid gloves will come off and no matter how insulated one thinks they are by virtue of the silently collecting of the coats or position of authority by thinking that such vulgarity is considered "Christian" will be forced to face this truth:
Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.