Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,526,601 times

Advertisements

Why expect people not to have an abortion but they can disregard the Sabbath----Hebrews 4 ?

Why expect people not to hate but they can disregard Christian segregation----2 Cor. 6 ?

Why expect people not to be gay but they can marry all kind of divorced people---Romans 7:2-3 ?

Why expect people not to have children out of wedlock but they can dress however they
want----1 Peter 3:3 ?

Why expect people not to be stingy with money but they can ask for pay raises at work----Luke 3:14 ?

Why expect people to be loyal church members but they can pray for anybody----John 17:9 ?

Why expect people to advertise Jesus but they can support bums on the street----2 Thess. 3:10 ?

Why expect people to be king of the castle but they can have firearms to protect the
family---Romans 12:17 ?

Why expect people to get out of poverty but they can do evangelism with anybody----Matthew 7:6 ?

Why expect people not to mess with filthy lucre while modest wealth is mocked---1 Timothy 6 ?

Why expect people not to apply old laws today but trivia laws for today is mocked
big time---Matthew 5:17-20 ?

Why expect people not to prostitute for a living but men can have long hair----1 Cor. 11 ?

Why expect people to get rid of fear but modest optimistic thinking is discouraged---John 5:39 ?

Why expect people to accept grace but accepting real repentance is mocked----Romans 6:1 ?

Why expect people to forgive folks but modest faith confessed is mocked----Romans 12:3 ?

Why expect people not to be judgmental but it's mockery to call all the bible the word of
God---2 Timothy 3:16 ?

Why expect people not to do assault and battery but it's okay to have private intrepretations of
10% of the bible and stay so saved at the time---2 Peter 1:20-21 ?

Why expect people not to be on dope and be drunk but women can preach in the church anytime they
want----1 Cor. 14:34-35 ?

Why expect people to be a good family person but tongue rules in the church don't matter to be
saved----ALL of 1 Cor. 14 ?

Why expect people to have a testimony of what God did in their life but they can have functional families like the world and still be so saved----Matthew 10:34-37 ?

Why expect people to be honored but women can pray with their head uncovered---1 Cor. 11 ?

Why expect people not to rape but editing the bible doesn't matter----Revelation 22:18-19 ?

Why expect people not to make a crank call to 911 but correcting people with the bible is going too
far----James 5:20 ?

Why expect people to be witty but despising the wisdom of man is going too far---Isaiah 64:6 ?

Why expect people to have great integrity but despising the intregrity of man is going too
far----Jeremiah 17:9 ?

Why expect people to hear from God but bible listening to God only is being too
strict and narrow in application---Romans 10:17 ?

Why expect people to have clear goals with their life but depending on God with all the bible all the
time is foolishness----Acts 17:28 ?

Why expect people to endorse the bible but letting the bible teach all the bible is foolishness if the so called experts have a say-----1 John 2:27 ?

Why expect people to come on the Lord's side but getting away from the love of the world is
foolishness----1 John 2:15 ?

Why expect people not to do arson and vandalism but discouraging alcohol drinking is too
mean---Proverbs 20:1 ?

Why expect people not to let out profanity talking but they can go to a alcohol bar anytime
they want and stay so saved----1 Peter 4:1-4 ?

Why expect people to have sex after marriage but they can marry all kind of widow women
under 60 and stay so saved-----1 Timothy 5:9 ?

Why expect people to respect opinions of people but they can have phony unity meetings in the
name of Jesus----Psalms 133:1 ?

Why expect people to say positive but they can be honored by everybody----Luke 6:26 ?

ATTRACTING 100% BIBLE BELIEVERS together only----Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1.

What's your purpose with the purpose ? Matthew 5:6 and John 17:21 .

Old 05-30-2014, 03:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
What's "Christian segregation"?

Old 05-30-2014, 03:26 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,852,555 times
If you expect people not to skip over every word you say, why not write a shorter post with a point?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 AM

Default What segregation mean in a history book ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What's "Christian segregation"?
Seperation of believers from unbelievers is what ? 2 Cor. 6.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Seperation of believers from unbelievers is what ? 2 Cor. 6.
A couple more questions: Is this separating and segregation something that is supposed happen on this earth? Are the 100% Bible Believers supposed to literally separate themselves from everyone else? After reading your many posts ending with "Attracting 100% Bible Believers together only" I'm still confused about what that means.

( I don't need to read about segregation in a history book. I remember segregation. In this country, nothing good happened when we were segregating people because of the color of their skin.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-01-2014 at 11:56 AM..

Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,421,833 times
Quote:
A couple more questions: Is this separating and segregation something that is supposed happen on this earth? Are the 100% Bible Believers supposed to literally separate themselves from everyone else? After reading your many posts ending with "Attracting 100% Bible Believers together only" I'm still confused about what that means.

( I don't need to read about segregation in a history book. I remember segregation. In this country, nothing good happened when we were segregating people because of the color of their skin.)
KJV John 17: 11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

KJV Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:28 PM

Thanks! I am well acquainted with those verses.

I was hoping for a further explanation from Tony. Because the word segregation makes me think of people being made to sit in the back of the bus or wear a yellow star.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-02-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 05:05 PM

Default Putting balance on this discussion now

Quote:

Christian segregation encouraged in :

Amos 3:3
2 Cor. 6
Matthew 7:6
John 17:21
Ephesians 4:14
Galations 1:8-9
Ephesians 4:5
1 John 2:15
Matthew 10:34-37
John 17:9
Galations 6:10
Psalms 133:1

Modest friendship with the world encouraged in :

Luke 14:23
Luke 16:9
Galations 6:10

While no formal racial segregation today or Ephesians 3:29 we still got 2 Cor. 6 or Christian segregation
today.

While no superiority or inferiority today or Ephesians 3:29 we still got Matthew 7:6 today comparing an unbeliever to a dog and swine. Obviously the believer highly esteems all the bible while the unbeliever
lowly esteems all the bible as 90% the word of God.

Old law in the bible had regard to race, income status and gender status to put value on people at one time but now we got Ephesians 3:29 to turn the tables around today. Prior to Ephesians 3:29 we got
Peter learning about this before Paul did with the dream unfolded to him in the book of Acts. Jesus
actually called people not Jews the word "dogs". He initially said his ministry and the ministry of his trained apostles is to the lost sheep of Israel only. Even then he turned the tables on the rules if a
Samaritian woman or beggar for some crumbs initiated getting blessed by him. These were folks not
Jews or considered to be "dogs" like I mention. Old law in the bible also had record to the status of
your health. Sick people then were considered cursed by God often. This brought on segregation too.
The better news is after so many days of getting cleansed in the body and some many days of getting
anything defiled cleansed or destroyed you were able to fit back in with the Jewish society then.
Martin Luther King would really be saying free at last free at last to this. The rules today change where
you can call the elders of the church like it say in the book of James and get your miracle of body healing prayed for and it's a done deal. No need to worry about a people isolation time and then come
with a animal offering to be back into fellowship with God like anybody else a saint. The laying of the
hands to cast out demons is free of charge today. No animal offering needed or no money involved to buy a miracle. Just faith and obedience and it's a done deal. Before we get into this talk about giving and tithing to have God open up the windows of heaven to pour out a blessing and take away curses we need to put balance on this talk with Galations 1:8-9 also. Too often we hardly know people's bible beliefs in the bible enough before we take on 1 Cor. 9:14 like the book encourages. Who today wants
to expose all the bible or mess with 2 Timothy 3:16 ? Those that dare hit on the trivia bible talk avoided
today probably mock the teachings in it. Dogs and swine or Matthew 7:6 are not just extremist blowing up a building in the name of another god or doing suicide murder in the name of a god. Whether you
kill in the name of a god or mock 10% of the bible it makes no difference to God. A dog or swine is still a dog or swine. The proof in the pudding is Matthew 5:17-20.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 PM

[quote=tonytonytony;35065043] Too often we hardly know people's bible beliefs <<<snip>>>

Which is why I asked for a clarification when I was unsure of what you were trying to say.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Why expect people not to have children out of wedlock but they can dress however they
want----1 Peter 3:3 ?

And all along I thought sex created babies, and come to find out it is the clothes I wear that makes babies..who'd a thunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.