Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,390,075 times

Advertisements

TODAY! YAYHAY!

My daughter is 11, and has ben wanting to do this for about 2 years. I would not allow her.

She has Aspergers Syndrome, and until she really understood what it meant, I did not want the Baptism.

She was able to tell me what it meant over the summer, and I was so proud of my girl...

When you have a child on the Autism spectrum, you dont know what to expect, but she has come leaps and bounds, since her dx.

I am so proud of her, everyday. I am so proud that she understands that jesus died on that cross for us to forgive us our sins. That we may have everlasting life.

My little girl knows this. Today, she will be immersed. She will be cleansed.

The Lord is good....all the time. No matter what is going on in our lives, He always comes through for us. Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:45 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,821,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
TODAY! YAYHAY!

My daughter is 11, and has ben wanting to do this for about 2 years. I would not allow her.

She has Aspergers Syndrome, and until she really understood what it meant, I did not want the Baptism.

She was able to tell me what it meant over the summer, and I was so proud of my girl...

When you have a child on the Autism spectrum, you dont know what to expect, but she has come leaps and bounds, since her dx.

I am so proud of her, everyday. I am so proud that she understands that jesus died on that cross for us to forgive us our sins. That we may have everlasting life.

My little girl knows this. Today, she will be immersed. She will be cleansed.

The Lord is good....all the time. No matter what is going on in our lives, He always comes through for us. Always.
Congratulations!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:00 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,529 times
Congatulations on such a Great Day!!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,530,537 times
What a great and wonderful this day is...Congratulations

Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 AM

10,195 posts, read 11,180,307 times
Congrats!!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:19 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,673,921 times
Robyn, this is such wonderful news for you and your daughter and ds as well. I know you are thrilled and I hope she did well being immersed completely.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:41 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,014,606 times
Simply awesome! Congrats!!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 PM

She did great, she was a little upset at first, said she wasn't sure if she was ready, and I let her know, that if she wasn't, she didn't have to do it, and she hugged me and she was ready!!!

I want to say that today, with all of the things going on in her life right now, dh and my separation 090107, the kids and I moving to a new home, starting middle school...

I think today was the best day of her life...

She is wonderful, my Lindsay. A gift from God, that child.

Last edited by Pikantari; 10-14-2007 at 08:10 PM..

Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 AM

On the day after her Baptism, she is still excited, my little sister in Christ! My baby girl!

It is so exciting to see a young person, let alone, my daughter, be just so excited over this. She was so excited when she gave her heart to Christ, and now after the Baptism, after showing 'the world' that she has done it, oh my goodness.

She has come down the stairs this morning...

Mommy! I was Baptised!!! Mommy I was Baptised! I can't tell you how good it makes her feel, but now that she has gone, and is on that schoolbus, and I am typing this, I bite my bottom lip, with somehow a smile crossing my face, and tears rolling from my eyes.

Just like a sunshower...with the sun out and rain sprinkling down, and if you are lucky, a rainbow, I am lucky, she is my rainbow...

Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 AM

284 posts, read 1,682,352 times
I am so happy for your daughter and for you! I admire the way you guided her and made sure she truly understands, the way you reassured her, and the way you let it be her decision! Great job!

When I was baptized, a friend told me to write down my feelings. I wish now that I had. Maybe you &/or your daughter can record how she says she feels, record the special things that she has said that you have shared with us, maybe make a special little scrapbook (with her picture, pictures of the church, preacher, friends, etc.), so she can revisit this special time in her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity