Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

I think we are indeed under the 1000 year reign right now and I think the eternal Kingdom of Christ will be revealed after the great tribulation has taken place and after the throne of judgement has been handed down. This is something I'll have to study up on though. Thanks for the thread.
Yes.. do study on it. It is amazing how the whole Bible comes together, OT, NT, Revelations, when we look at Christ's fulfillment of the old law. Everything points to it. That is the central focus of the whole Bible.. God's plan for our redemption. It has been fulfilled! We just need to work and wait for Jesus' final return.

Thanks for your interest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 10:08 AM

364 posts, read 765,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I explained the interpretation I believe to be true in this post https://www.city-data.com/forum/1859861-post10.html .
IMO, Revelations does not say that the reign will be after Jesus' second coming.

i agree with some and disagree

when that verse John clears says the 1000 reign is after the great tribulation I will have to disagree with you at this point

Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 AM

Many prophecies, especially in Isaiah, in the Old Testament point to the coming of the Messiah as a time of blessing and peace for all nations! Isaiah 61:1 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Is this not the time we are living in? The authority of Satan was bound..”Deceive the nations no more” Now the gospel is for everyone..everyone has a chance. People still disregard the call, and become deceived… but God will hold them accountable for this. There is a way for everyone, and Satan no longer has the monopoly.

satan is called the god of this world i believe in a literal sense of satan being bound that he will not be able to tell is lies any longer.

after the thousand years are finished (when Christ returns) all will live again and be judged.

tell me when the spirtual kingdom begin? you admit he will return after the 1000 year is over so when did it begin?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
i agree with some and disagree

when that verse John clears says the 1000 reign is after the great tribulation I will have to disagree with you at this point
But.. what if the tribulation has already happened? There have been very bloody times in history where millions of Christians were martyred. I do not think that such an event will happen again, altho, as it appears Satan is being loosed, we can expect more persecution for our faith. We are already experiencing it.

Also.. where is the verse you are referring to?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
But.. what if the tribulation has already happened? There have been very bloody times in history where millions of Christians were martyred. I do not think that such an event will happen again, altho, as it appears Satan is being loosed, we can expect more persecution for our faith. We are already experiencing it.

Also.. where is the verse you are referring to?

then what is the mark of the beast? it says IN the right hand or on the forhead.

the internet equals 666

its possable the mark is computer chip.

if you study people have them in their pets to keep tract where they are.

to me the great tribulation did not happen yet

Old 01-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:

tell me when the spirtual kingdom begin? you admit he will return after the 1000 year is over so when did it begin?
IMO, the spiritual kingdom began after Jesus ascended to heaven and the Holy Spirit was poured out. Before the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost, it seems like the disciples were expecting a literal earthly kingdom. Every time they referred to this, Jesus rebuked these thoughts. But after Pentecost, they saw God's plan clearly. Read this account:
Acts 8:4 ¶ Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.
9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Philip was sharing the salvation story, and telling the people how to become children of God. Do you think he was also telling them about a literal time to come when there would be a literal reign with a Messiah? No, because there is no hint of that anywhere in the gospels and the apostles' writings. They all knew that the kingdom of God was a present reality.
Ro 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
How could Paul have said this and at the same time been preaching about a literal reign?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
IMO, the spiritual kingdom began after Jesus ascended to heaven and the Holy Spirit was poured out. Before the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost, it seems like the disciples were expecting a literal earthly kingdom. Every time they referred to this, Jesus rebuked these thoughts. But after Pentecost, they saw God's plan clearly. Read this account:
Acts 8:4 ¶ Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.
9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Philip was sharing the salvation story, and telling the people how to become children of God. Do you think he was also telling them about a literal time to come when there would be a literal reign with a Messiah? No, because there is no hint of that anywhere in the gospels and the apostles' writings. They all knew that the kingdom of God was a present reality.
Ro 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
How could Paul have said this and at the same time been preaching about a literal reign?

The thing is you admit after the 1000 reign Jesus would return you skip the question iask you.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM

After the thousand years are finished (when Christ returns) all will live again and be judged.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
then what is the mark of the beast? it says IN the right hand or on the forhead.

the internet equals 666
That chapter also talks about a dragon, chains, and a bottomless pit. We must take all scripture from Revelation in the light of the rest of the NT. I do not know exactly what the mark of the beast is referring to, but I do not believe that Christians who are born again and listening to the Holy Spirit need to worry about their salvation being affected by a literal thing, as God will direct if there is something that will hinder our salvation.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
The thing is you admit after the 1000 reign Jesus would return you skip the question iask you.
I'm sorry.. what question are you referring to?

Quote:
After the thousand years are finished (when Christ returns) all will live again and be judged.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity