Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times

Advertisements

Yes, It was such a revelation to me when I was reading and seeking in the word about it. And everysince the other day when the Lord opened my heart to it, He gave me such a peace that passes all understanding..
It's like a rest came upon me. Everysince I've been seeking my own heart about somethings and God is so speaking to me about it. To be honest I haven't been able to stop praying, I have even found waking up in the night from dreams in prayer. It's like a peace with a calmed joy! I don't know how to put it into words. Seems everything has fallen into place.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-17-2007 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Yes, It was such a revelation to me when I was reading and seeking in the word about it. And everysince the other day when the Lord opened my heart to it, He gave me such a peace that passes all understanding..
It's like a rest came upon me. Everysince I've been seeking my own heart about somethings and God is so speaking to me about it. To be honest I haven't been able to stop praying, I have even found waking up in the night from dreams in prayer. It's like a peace with a calmed joy! I don't know how to put it into words. Seems everything has fallen into place.
That's wonderful to hear! I don't have all the answers... God does, and the Holy Spirit will continue to speak!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM

25 posts, read 50,682 times
Default A Millennium Resident

To: cg/

You learn about God from "witnesses" with the Seven Spirits of God.

The Bible cannot be understood without the Spirit.

See: 1Cor 2.14, and 2Cor 3.13-16.

You need help.

sl33w

Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM

364 posts, read 765,966 times
think about this 1000 year reign some of you say its spiritual so after a 1000 years what next since its spiritual.

The scripture says Jesus will return the same way he left literal everyone see will see him. after his coming he will reign for 1000 years.

if he was to retun spiritual everyone eye would not see him.

the fact is the disciples and OT preach a literal coming. if you can explain how can everyone eye see him christian or not and be a spiritual coming plz explain

Last edited by HistoryasIS; 01-08-2008 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
When I say or hear the Lord's Prayer "thy kingdom come thy will be done" I always think of a society without privleged and underprivleged; without national boundaries and wars; with justice for all men and women; where we practice stewardship of the earth; a world where the resources are shared in such manner that there are no starving children in Africa and obese children in the USA; where the sick are cared for, the elderly secure and the lonely and troubled are comforted. We have the capacity to bring the Kingdom of God to a reality; we don't need to wait for Jesus. It is how we treat those we meet tomorrow and the way we use the power that is ours.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM

364 posts, read 765,966 times
i also thought the Ot says everyone eye shall see the one they periced and moan for the one they rejected

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33w View Post
To: cg/

You learn about God from "witnesses" with the Seven Spirits of God.

The Bible cannot be understood without the Spirit.

See: 1Cor 2.14, and 2Cor 3.13-16.

You need help.

sl33w
I agree. I need the help of the Holy Spirit to live my Christian life. No amount of intellectual knowledge will be sufficient.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
think about this 1000 year reign some of you say its spiritual so after a 1000 years what next since its spiritual.

The scripture says Jesus will return the same way he left literal everyone see will see him. after his coming he will reign for 1000 years.

if he was to retun spiritual everyone eye would not see him.

the fact is the disciples and OT preach a literal coming. if you can explain how can everyone eye see him christian or not and be a spiritual coming plz explain
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
i also thought the Ot says everyone eye shall see the one they periced and moan for the one they rejected
I also believe in the literal second coming of Christ, when every eye shall see Him coming in the clouds. But that will be the end of the world... we will all be judged and go to our reward. I do not believe in a literal reign of Christ on earth to come...that runs contrary to Jesus' teaching and example, and every time His disciples or the people referred to a literal kingdom, He refuted this. OT prophecy pointed to the Messiah, who would come establish His spiritual kingdom (which we enter by being born-again). Believers are living and reigning with Christ now.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
We have the capacity to bring the Kingdom of God to a reality; we don't need to wait for Jesus. It is how we treat those we meet tomorrow and the way we use the power that is ours.
Right! Jesus' kingdom is not of this world (literal). But as God's children we can show the power of the kingdom to those around us.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I don't understand the need for God to have a kingdom, or proclaim that He has one. To me this only seems a human desire (the desire to be a king is because kings are like a god with subjects who worship him).
Since God already is a god, why the need for a kingdom or the desire to be a king?
God doesn't need the kingdom, we do. Altho God does want (and deserves) the glory and honor this kingdom brings Him. As His servants in the kingdom, we are under "direct command" of the Holy Spirit.. and thus can point others to the kingdom of God. He can reach people directly, but chooses to work at times thru us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity