Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 PM

257 posts, read 1,081,206 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about my life today and going back to my childhood I realized that I made all the wrong choices, and it seemed like everything I did turned out wrong. I am now all alone, I have no one, just God~I know that is a big thing, but I regret so many things.....mostly my entire life. I know this is my only chance of living my life, and I blew it.......I am kind of feeling like it is too late, I am already 50 and my chances are over.

hhhmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 07:22 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Hi Putty, just some thoughts, but remember the scripture that God works all things for the good of those who love Him? He takes our mistakes and failures and brings good out of these for us. Maybe asking God to show you how you can be used by Him despite your mistakes and failures and maybe ask Him to show you what wonderful thing He has been creating in you out of your mistakes and failures. What we consider as a long time is a short time to God and He is able to work mighty things. I would continue to trust that He is bringing something wonderful out of your life. I just heard an old song last night called "Broken Vessel" which was encouraging to me and I will try to get some of the words and post them. God bless you and be encouraged

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-02-2007 at 07:46 PM..

Old 12-02-2007, 07:24 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
Oh dear dear Putty it is never to late. As a wise man said to me today, worthless and unworthy are two very different things. We all have worth, God values each of us. We are all unworthy of all He has given us. Know my friend that you are not alone. I pray for you and know many on this board will reach out to you. It is NEVER to late to start again. We all fall short and we all make bad choices. You just have to pick up and start again with a quiet heart. Many blessings to you.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
We all have done things we wish could do over, but don't dwell on that. Your life is NOT over!!!! You are NOT old!! You can do ALL things through Christ who give you strength. The devil wants you to feel defeated, those feelings come from him, not the Lord. Stop thinking about your past and think about your future.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:45 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
He Can Fix Whatever is Broken

Lord I send it back to you,
Send it back to You
Lord I cannot repair,
Send it back to You
Lord I cannot repair
For You can fix whatever is broken...
whatever is broken up in me...

The Father looked and He saw a vessel torn apart,
held it in His arms and gave it to Jesus
He can fix whatever is broken up in me...

You need to know that God cares for you
He can fix it like nobody else can
He can fix whatever is broken up in you,
He can mend you...

Send it, send it back to Jesus
He can fix it, whatever it is...

His strength is made perfect in our weakness...

Amen, Jesus

Old 12-02-2007, 07:47 PM

22 posts, read 87,520 times
I have been where you are and I have to say I made many mistakes too. But what the hell...so I'm not dam perfect! I wish you well good time to come your way.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Hi, Putty, I recognized you by some of your other posts in this forum and I am glad you are here. You are not alone, we are here, we are concerned about you. Believe me at the age of 50 your life is not over, Putty..You ask a lot of questions about God in your other posts This may sound a little childish, but He is your friend..Experience with depression has shown me that when all else seems hopeless He will give you hope...This is a depressing time of the year for lots of folks, especially ones with no families..You may want to force yourself out to some of the Holiday activities..If you have a car, get out and enjoy the lights of the city, attend one of the many Christmas pagents at different churchesor volunteer your help somewhere..These activities can put you in the position to meet new friends. Take special care of yourself Putty and feel free to Dm me anytime you want to just talk

Old 12-02-2007, 07:58 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
He Can Fix Whatever is Broken

Send it back to You
Lord I cannot repair,
Send it back to You
Lord I cannot repair
For You can fix whatever is broken...
whatever is broken up in me...

The Father looked and He saw a vessel torn apart,
held it in His arms and gave it to Jesus
He can fix whatever is broken up in me...

You need to know that God cares for you
He can fix whatever is broken up in you,
He can mend you...

Send it, send it back to Jesus
He can fix it, whatever it is...

His strength is made perfect in our weakness...

Amen, Jesus
I know how you feel putty. I have made a lot of wrong decisions that have cost me dearly. I have had to literally start my life over with very little. If I just would have made the right decisons and used better judgement I would be sitting pretty good right now. But....that`s not what happened. I say that to let you know that there are other people just like you. But God said his grace is sufficient. No matter how bleak it looks now you just have to look for tomorrow. Don`t try to look too far back or too far ahead. Just take it one day at a time and stay in prayer. That is where faith comes in. You might not be able to see 5 years from now but God can. Think about how much life can change in a year or 2. You never know what God has in store but he has promised to never leave or forsake you. That is what I try to put my trust in. How awaesome to know the God of the universe loves and cares about you. Regardless of what anyone else thinks or what anyone else does..God is there.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Feeling like a failure and being a failure are 2 completely different things.
Some of the most successful people, while at the peak of their success, still considered themselves a failure.
And on the other hand there are people who regard themselves a complete success while all they did was fail at doing good.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:36 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
One of the biggest failures in the Bible was King David. He made a decision that resulted in the deaths of many of his subjects when God judged him. He didn't discipline a son that raped his daughter, which led to hard feelings by the girl's brother who later tried to wrest the throne from David; death and destruction followed. He succumbed to temptation with another man's wife and tried to cover the pregnancy by having the man sent to the front lines of war to be killed. His infant son died because of David's error. David made lots of boneheaded decisions, but because he had a truly repentant spirit, God called him righteous, a man after His own heart. God used David's lineage bless Israel, ultimately through Jesus.

Abraham also made many wrong decisions yet the nation of Israel (and others) was established through him. Abraham, too, was credited with righteousness.

The Bible is full of people who made bad choices, yet God was able to work through them and accomplish his purpose. Turning away from error and embracing God's will is the criteria for righteousness. If the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much, think about what the life of a righteous person can accomplish. (It doesn't matter how old you are when it happens!)

For what it's worth, I once heard that Mother Theresa was in her 40s before starting her work. She wasn't too old to earn the respect of the world! Like others have said, it's never too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity