Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:55 PM

240 posts, read 437,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by putty View Post
i was thinking about my life today and going back to my childhood i realized that i made all the wrong choices, and it seemed like everything i did turned out wrong. I am now all alone, i have no one, just god~i know that is a big thing, but i regret so many things.....mostly my entire life. I know this is my only chance of living my life, and i blew it.......i am kind of feeling like it is too late, i am already 50 and my chances are over.

Hhhmm

it aint over till its over and it ain't over yet you a child of the king and until our father says it's over it's not over.forget about your past you are still a yound woman life is just beginning for you .you may have made alot of mistakes who have'nt but remember we are aiming for that heavenly paradise so remember to get to paradise(heaven) we may have to be in thw wilderness for 40 years of our life begore getting to the promiseland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,536 times
Default Putty in the hands of your Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
I was thinking about my life today and going back to my childhood I realized that I made all the wrong choices, and it seemed like everything I did turned out wrong. I am now all alone, I have no one, just God~I know that is a big thing, but I regret so many things.....mostly my entire life. I know this is my only chance of living my life, and I blew it.......I am kind of feeling like it is too late, I am already 50 and my chances are over.
Good heavens, don't you know that you are putty in the hands of your Maker? And that because He loves you so much He blesses you with trials and challenging circumstances? Heavenly Father does His best to help you experience new and different things to smooth the rough edges yet remaining in your eternal character, the vital elements you will take with you beyond the grave.

I'm much older than you are and I too (as probably does every adult) am aware of many many choices I made during my lifetime that resulted in less than desirable circumstances. Making choices and learning from the consequences is how we grow, how we prepare to meet God, learn to trust Him completely, to thrust ourselves into an eternity of progression and fulness of joy, our hand clasped firmly in His, our lives molded after the pattern shown us by His Son.

As long as there is breath in the body there are opportunities to serve others, even if it's just a cheery smile to those passing by.

I suggest that you forget yourself and do things to bless the lives of others in your own unique way, as nobody else on earth can. Volunteer in your community, or just write in forums like this one how a challenge taught you something of great value. As you focus on things useful to others you will attract to yourself better circumstances, more opportunities; who knows, maybe even an eternal companion.

Are you familiar with a book called "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen? You might find it with a Google search or in your local library. It helped me a lot along the way as I too struggled with fears and self doubt, the human condition.

Perhaps your fight is with yourself. Maybe it's with your own fears?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1: 7

I wish you the very best with the next forty or fifty years that you may yet be blessed with to learn to love yourself and others even better, and to serve God's children on earth...

Last edited by justamere10; 08-13-2009 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity