Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 PM

670 posts, read 815,046 times

Advertisements

Organized Christianity vs Spiritual Christianity, Which do you prefer?

I will try to explain what I mean by each term,
Organized Christianity is about Dogmatism, Traditions, Religious Politics within each church, and Indoctrinating as many minds into their beliefs as possible in an overly assertive manner. People who belong to this are usually opinionated believing themselves to be correct and they usually accept scripture as perfect even though it is man-made and not perfect. As the Pharisees where in the age of Jesus Christ our Messiah so too are those who relish in Organized Religion.

Spiritual Christianity is about seeking a spiritual relationship with our higher power. This is done through Meditation, Prayer, Inner Reflection, Following Christs teachings of love and acceptance. A Spiritual Christian is not so much concerned with the scriptures as those are the workings of men, but instead concerned with experiencing god themselves. Eventually the goal is to experience ones higher power which in the case of a Christian is God through their Messiah Jesus Christ who serves as a mediator for the meditator. It is the hope that by living a spiritual lifestyle we will be brought closer to our higher power, I believe it is the right of all Christians to receive revelations of some kind whether they be in the forms of dreams, visions, inspirations, intuitions, or other sources. I believe one can receive visions once they have achieved a higher state of awareness through meditation, this state is not permanent but within it one should feel at peace with themselves and the world around them.

May love and peace be with you always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 11:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
You just made some rather dogmatic statements regarding theology. That's cheating.

What happens when the visions i receive conflict with the ones you get? Who is right?

Old 11-28-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You just made some rather dogmatic statements regarding theology. That's cheating.

What happens when the visions i receive conflict with the ones you get? Who is right?
One of three things which you can chose to believe:

A: Then we are getting visions from different sources who are Waring for our attention, praise, and worship. Meaning either devils and a god exists, or multiple gods exists.

B: The differences that occur with our visions is reliant upon us, we are a factor in receiving it, therefor if humans are imperfect so is our ability to comprehend revelations sent to us from god, this is why when one has a vision it is wise to write it down and ask the opinion of others with like beliefs.

C: God is a meanie poopy head, like the Tower of Babel. God is Confusing prophecies on purpose.

I am allowed to cheat because, lol, I don't hate all "Traditions", just the ones I believe are man made and not god inspired.
"They worship Me in vain, their teachings are but rules taught by men." - Matthew 15:9
Before any one asks, I was lead of the spirit to accept this verse as true.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,918,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

Organized Christianity is about Dogmatism, Traditions, Religious Politics within each church, and Indoctrinating as many minds into their beliefs as possible in an overly assertive manner. People who belong to this are usually opinionated believing themselves to be correct and they usually accept scripture as perfect even though it is man-made and not perfect. As the Pharisees where in the age of Jesus Christ our Messiah so too are those who relish in Organized Religion.

Spiritual Christianity is about seeking a spiritual relationship with our higher power. This is done through Meditation, Prayer, Inner Reflection, Following Christs teachings of love and acceptance. A Spiritual Christian is not so much concerned with the scriptures as those are the workings of men, but instead concerned with experiencing god themselves. Eventually the goal is to experience ones higher power which in the case of a Christian is God through their Messiah Jesus Christ who serves as a mediator for the meditator. It is the hope that by living a spiritual lifestyle we will be brought closer to our higher power, I believe it is the right of all Christians to receive revelations of some kind whether they be in the forms of dreams, visions, inspirations, intuitions, or other sources. I believe one can receive visions once they have achieved a higher state of awareness through meditation, this state is not permanent but within it one should feel at peace with themselves and the world around them.

Why restrict a spirituality to Christians? Spirituality does not need a religion, but religion needs spirituality.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Why restrict a spirituality to Christians? Spirituality does not need a religion, but religion needs spirituality.
Fine if you must replace the word "Christian" with "fill in the blank", and the word "god" with "Higher Power", and "Jesus" with "Teacher".

But no Estoric References,
we don't need any of that. lol

Old 11-29-2013, 12:14 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:

Obviously . . . I accept your definitions and champion the Spiritual Christianity paradigm.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:

The second one without a doubt, after being caught up in the first one for far to long. Never mind, I press on to the things that are before me.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:45 AM

14,967 posts, read 9,797,636 times
We are both flesh and spirit... so we need both. It's great when you can get it from the same watering hole.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:22 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:

Spiritually organized which is the only way. Can't do it on our own as the Ethiopian man admitted to Phillip.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:53 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,456 times
Quote:

Spiritual Christianity is about seeking a spiritual relationship with our higher power. This is done through Meditation, Prayer, Inner Reflection, Following Christs teachings of love and acceptance. A Spiritual Christian is not so much concerned with the scriptures as those are the workings of men, but instead concerned with experiencing god themselves. Eventually the goal is to experience ones higher power which in the case of a Christian is God through their Messiah Jesus Christ who serves as a mediator for the meditator. It is the hope that by living a spiritual lifestyle we will be brought closer to our higher power, I believe it is the right of all Christians to receive revelations of some kind whether they be in the forms of dreams, visions, inspirations, intuitions, or other sources. I believe one can receive visions once they have achieved a higher state of awareness through meditation, this state is not permanent but within it one should feel at peace with themselves and the world around them. May love and peace be with you always.

I would say that I'm a Spiritual Christian- I'm not "seeking a spiritual relationship with our higher power", but with the God of the bible, and Jesus Christ. I believe the bible is the infallible Word of God, but that's just me. I used to attend church, but really don't anymore- but I do have a personable, active relationship with Jesus Christ, in spite of that fact. I don't care much for the...politics, I guess you'd call it, in most churches- but when I do look for a church, I always look for non-denominational. Maybe someday I'll find a church that I can attend, I just haven't found one yet that...fits, or feels very inviting or even friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity