Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:50 PM

374 posts, read 511,929 times

Advertisements

This is interesting to say the least. Watch it or don't even bother commenting becuase the thread is about this subject. After watching it,then debate or deny the idea that catholics invented islam.

If your muslim or cathloic or just studing religion this is full of what seems to be facts. You judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmS...yer_detailpage

Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 PM

717 posts, read 651,406 times
It is rubbish. There is no proof that the Jesuits or any other Catholic body were responsible for Islam.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,011,834 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned

I will say that while I don't think one created the other, I do think that there is a connection between the two just as there is a connection between all religions and their rituals since we all lived so closely together. IMO.

Last edited by june 7th; 05-13-2013 at 07:05 AM..

Old 05-11-2013, 11:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,523,087 times
Revelation 17:3-5
And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality; and on her forehead a name was written, a Mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I think a lot of us just don't have the desire to sit and watch a 1hr + video...especially the ones who just completed college and 4 years of book study.

I will say that while I don't think one created the other, I do think that there is a connection between the two just as there is a connection between all religions and their rituals since we all lived so closely together. IMO.

Well at least your honest about it.But if you have time to watch a movie full of fantasy then I think you will enjoy this new info. But some don't care for history,I have always liked it so it was easy for me to watch.

I like anciant history and it helps me to study the Bible,I'm not into mainstream religion. I'm an old lady who has tried many and they all failed me.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Revelation 17:3-5
And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality; and on her forehead a name was written, a Mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

If you have'nt watched this youtube film,you really should. It has so many interesting artifacts and sculptures and history in it ,it is actyually very interresting.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 PM

717 posts, read 651,406 times
It is simply wrong!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 PM

522 posts, read 626,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
It is rubbish. There is no proof that the Jesuits or any other Catholic body were responsible for Islam.
Indeed. The Jesuits started many centuries after the Umayyad Caliphate ended, more than two centuries after the Abbasid ended even, so it's impossible for it to be linked to the rise of Islam. Muhammad lived closer to the Eastern Roman Empire. Perhaps there were some Augustinian influences in Muhammad, but his interactions with Christians were often non-Chalcedonians like Coptics.

Catholic and Jesuit conspiracies were once pretty popular though and the most ignorant of Protestants have maybe never heard of Coptics. (Not that Islam as a Coptic conspiracy makes sense either. Islam as any kind of conspiracy may not make sense as Muslims aren't all alike or united on issues)

Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAJR View Post
Indeed. The Jesuits started many centuries after the Umayyad Caliphate ended, more than two centuries after the Abbasid ended even, so it's impossible for it to be linked to the rise of Islam. Muhammad lived closer to the Eastern Roman Empire. Perhaps there were some Augustinian influences in Muhammad, but his interactions with Christians were often non-Chalcedonians like Coptics.

Catholic and Jesuit conspiracies were once pretty popular though and the most ignorant of Protestants have maybe never heard of Coptics. (Not that Islam as a Coptic conspiracy makes sense either. Islam as any kind of conspiracy may not make sense as Muslims aren't all alike or united on issues)

First you have to know what your arguing about in order to deny something ,you have to know what it is your claiming is not true.

Blind faith is not faith at all,its idol worship. The Bible says to prove all things. Also your are wrogn about the jesuits in europe allied with the arabs whom they used to conquor N.Africa.The same Jesus catholics claim to worship condemns many of theri "traditions". Jesus Himself spoke of this in ' MATHEW 7:3-9. he speaks about men who put their traditions before Gods laws and will.Mary was not our savior,she was not the mother of God,she was an earthly mother who was blessed but not so much that we should worship her in place of Jesus.

Mohammad was an arab who married a catholic widow,she was older and richer than he was. This is is the jounals of history so its not that hard to research. If you had of watched this film,you'd learn alot about who and what you worship. So would many muslims.

I'm not a member of this church or any church at this time.I don't believe like they do but there is some truth in most religions.I'm a Christian but not in mainstream religion,most of it has left me with quesions.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM

522 posts, read 626,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
First you have to know what your arguing about in order to deny something ,you have to know what it is your claiming is not true.
I've taken classes on Islamic history and I know Catholic history. What's your background on these matter?

Quote:
MATHEW 7:3-9. he speaks about men who put their traditions before Gods laws and will.
Matthew 7:3-9 is

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?"

Quote:
Mary was not our savior,she was not the mother of God,she was an earthly mother who was blessed but not so much that we should worship her in place of Jesus.
Uh Catholicism doesn't teach Mary is the savior or equal to Jesus. Maybe you should actually talk to a Catholic or read our literature.

Overview of Marian Doctrine

Quote:
Mohammad was an arab who married a catholic widow,she was older and richer than he was.
Where do you get Khadija being a Catholic? Okay I see Jack Chick believed that, but can you even name one conservative Protestant theologian who agrees? (I mean even someone from Bob Jones University or the like)

I'd almost wonder if this is a parody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity