Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 PM

236 posts, read 442,426 times

Advertisements

A person does not have to attend a church to feel the power of God. I can feel God's presence in this Forum. Thank you all for your words and encouragement but most of all Thank You for your prayers.
Tina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM

292 posts, read 935,042 times
Smile Don't give up hope!

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit in a treatment center. Drinking was not my problem but an addiction is an addiction. Getting out of denial seems to be one of the most important things. The most important is Getting God!
If your dad is going into a treatment center hopefully they will treat you as a family as well. When I went there were things for the family so they can be of support.
Al anon was good. It helps you to understand it's not your fault and also what to do so you don't enable them.
Lord I do pray that you would deliver this man from his problems. Father woo him to you!!! Heal his heart from all guilt and shame. Bring him comfort from the pain he has been carrying all these years Lord. Father open his eyes as well as the eyes of all family members that healing may come. That they may all come to know you as you are. As a loving Dad. One they can go to in times of trouble as well as in everyday situations. Holy Spirit intercede for them when our words do not seem to be enough! It is in Jesus name that I pray amen.
Don't give up hope. Help is on it's way.
Love,
Jean

Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Wow!!!! I need to come here more often, except I think I need to wait until I am at home so people don't wonder why I am crying like a baby. LOL.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM

292 posts, read 935,042 times
Even the crying is good!!! Sometimes the things we think are bad are actually good as they bring about a change in our lives!
Glory to God!!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 02:29 PM

And to think I actually started coming on this site to wine about immigration and I found you all. lol

Old 10-11-2007, 02:34 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,550,267 times
Well, Tina, thats what friends and family are for, I'll just scoot over and you can sit here between me and Jean and relax for a minute

Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,533 times
Default God's Mercy

I encourage you to say a chaplet to God's Mercy!
Trust in God's Mercy. Jesus will help you!

CHAPLET TO GOD’S MERCY

Using normal rosary beads,begin with:

The Lord’s Prayer : Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed
be Thy name….. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee…….
the Apostles Creed :I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven .....

On the five large beads :

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood,Soul and
Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son,Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

On the ten small beads :
V. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion,
R. Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

At the end of the Divine Mercy Chaplet say three times:

Holy God, Holy Mighty One Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy
Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Invocation: O Blood and Water that gushed forth from
the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us,
I trust in You (3 times)

Sign of the Cross :in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:12 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,794,762 times
Tina,
I will join with everyone else in lifting your father up to the Lord. I am in a very similar situation with my mother. Feel free to DM me if you ever need a shoulder to lean on.
Weather...

Old 10-28-2007, 09:23 AM

Default My dad

Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to say thank you all for your parayers. I am sorry I haven't given you all an update, I wanted to make sure that everything went smoothly with my dad before I updated everyone. I am happy to say that my dad finished the Detox program and agreed to go to a 60 drug and alcohol treatment center. It is through the VA hospital. He is going to be getting individual, group, and family counceling while there. He will stay onsite which is what he needed. I just hope he opens up to his councelors so they can help him. They did find out that he has been suffering from severe depression so they have him on medication. It really does seem to be helping him with his moods. I can not thank you all enough, I shared my posts and all you responses with my mom. She was absolutley amazed at the overpouring of support that virtual strangers have given me. Thank you very much for your prayers

Can you all pray for my son also. My middle son is 18 years old. He enlisted in the Navy this past June. He is scheduled to graduate from his "A" training on Nov. 9th. He gets to come home for 2 weeks and then has to report for duty. My son enlisted as a CB (this is construction) but they are sending him to Kuwait to train for Combat. He will have 1 month of combat training. There is conflicting reports about whether he will go to Iraq after the training or stay in Kuwait. I am terrified. And he sounds pretty scared. He never thought he would have to fight. He just thought he would be building. (lol) But he is a proud of this Country and he says it his job. He says, "Mom it is the Military, we have always been told that we may get called to war." I guess I am not knowledable on our military. I did not think the Navy did anything other than float around on big boats let alone combat. I am very proud of him but worried. As a mom I would say pray that he doesn't go to Iraq but I can't ask for special treatment for him, so if you all could just pray for his safety wherever they send him. And please just say a prayer for all our troops. Many of us do not agree with the war but never forget that our troops are over there, not because they want to be, but because they love this country and it is their job.
Love you all,
Tina

Old 10-30-2007, 08:09 PM

345 posts, read 1,080,008 times
God is certianly doing a work in your life. My prayers are with you and your family. Boldly declare that your father will be well and your son will be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity