Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be glad when the apocalypse comes?
yes. 7 43.75%
no. 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Anyone else will be glad when the apocalypse comes and the world just ends? This current world and it's inhabitants are nothing but garbage. Running around ruining their own lives, other people's lives and the planet. Just all seems like a wash now.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
See what religion does to people, so utterly miserable and self destructiveModerator cut: delete,Sorry doll baby, life is great, Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: edited for this forum [Christianity]

Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
I would be lying if I voted yes. He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly. An apocalypse of our old way of thinking is more important to me.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would be lying if I voted yes. He came that we might have Life and Life more abundantly. An apocalypse of our old way of thinking is more important to me.
As you have said so often, pcamps . . . "we are what we think" and I would add we experience what we sincerely expect . . . (NOT what we wish or will to be).

Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
I'm not personally happy with my life, as it kinda sucks, but no I don't relish the idea of billions of being being exterminated.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Jesus said in Matthew 5: 10-12...``Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven``....... So we first need to keep clean by obeying Jesus commands so we will actually know and identify a Apocalypse when It does happen , as the world will be deceived by malice and pride ... See we can find our selves praying beyond measure for the world and peace for ourselves and our brothers .... In Matthew 10: 26-27 ..Jesus said ..``Fear them not , for there is nothing covered that will not be revealed and hid, that will not be known, what I tell you is darkness , that speak you in light and what you hear in the ear , that preach you on the housetops....``....See at this time there can be a greater interest to find Jesus and His truth , so every Christian can become minister to help convert the people who see the truth by God...,,,,Christians must keep under the wing of the Lord Jesus as our fortitude of Worship which is our securities of Hope, which will be absent in the world....

Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Anyone else will be glad when the apocalypse comes and the world just ends? This current world and it's inhabitants are nothing but garbage. Running around ruining their own lives, other people's lives and the planet. Just all seems like a wash now.
why do you ask?
The bible does not teach such abrupt ending of the world.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You should understand that what some people call the apocalypse is not the end of the world. Apocalypse means ''revealing, disclosure'' and is what some people call the book of Revelation which reveals the events which are to take place following the rapture of the church. It is a reference to the seven year Tribulation after which Jesus Christ will return and set up His Millennial kingdom. At the end of the Millennium, the present heavens and earth will be destroyed and recreated resulting in a new heavens and earth.

Armageddon likewise is not the end of the world. Armageddon, mentioned in Revelation 16:12-16 is the name given to the military campaign which will take place in Jerusalem (Rev 12:2-11; 14:2), Megiddo and the plain of Esdraelon (Rev 16:16), Jehoshaphat Valley, east of Jerusalem (Ezek 39:11; Joel 3:2), and Edom (Isa 34:16; 63:1-6). In that military campaign which takes place at the end of the Tribulation, the armies of the world, inspired by Satan, will assemble for the purpose of destroying Israel. But they will fail. It is these armies which will be destroyed by Jesus Christ Himself when He returns and slays them (Rev 19:11-21).

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, you will be in heaven during the events of the Tribulation. The Tribulation is God's judgment on Israel and the unbelieving Gentile nations of the world. The Church by definition is neither one.

When Christ returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation, the Church, His bride, will return with Him.

I do look forward to leaving this present world behind, either by death or by the rapture of the Church. What lies ahead is so much better than this world as it is now. My citizenship is in heaven and is where I wish to be. But I am here until God's purpose for my being here has been fulfilled.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Moderator cut: FYI

Lots of posts have been deleted for various reasons re the TOS..
I assume the OP has asked a serious question so desires a serious answer.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times
apocalypse has nothing to do with the abrupt end of the world, people twist everything, no meteorite, no solar explosion or any other crap....
it is the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ that will come, and it will come
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity