Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM

473 posts, read 822,714 times

Advertisements

Can this story be applied to how God expects us to understand Him? He will not lead us to sin, but can lead us to the point of truth. Is something like this, what happened when God said thou shalt not and man then forgot his words and did it without going boldly before God with His truth? I know that we are not to question God's authority but God delights in those who know His words and keep them.

There were three renters living on a huge farm. They all had the same landlord. When they moved onto the farm the Landlord told them these things.--I am an honest and true man, I always keep my promises. Anything that you need--I will supply--Anything that you need done--I will do.Just keep my rules and remember my words.

Years go by. The Landlord then approaches his renters and tells them that He wants postholes dug on the farm and that they will do this thing. They know that all they have to dig with are spoons.(their own tools) He has the backhoe and is the only one that can operate it.They also know that he doesn't lend it out. They aren't allowed to use His equipment.

The first renter immediately goes out and starts digging postholes with his spoon. He likes his landlord and wants to please him.

The second renter thinks to himself--my landlord is crazy--I'm not digging postholes with a spoon. Let him do it himself.

The third renter looks at his Landlord and says--I KNOW that you are a true and honest Landlord and that you keep your word. I know that you do not expect me to dig postholes with my spoon. You said that you would do anything for me and that you would supply all that I need. I know that you don't loan your backhoe. So what will you supply me with to get the job done?

The Landlord looks at his renter and says---You have remembered my words and KNOW that my words/truths are true. You have kept all my rules. Now my word will work for you. You have had faith and trust that I am true, honest and I always keep my promises. I will dig the postholes with my backhoe for you. In the beginning I supplied you with the tools to do anything that you need done. For I had given you my word----DID YOU NOT DIG THE POSTHOLES?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,641,367 times
Matthew 13

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

John 8:43
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Humble yourself and ask God to reveal his message to you.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Christians are described as fruit-bearing branches abiding the vine, Jesus Christ. God is the owner of the vineyard looking to see what branches are producing fruit. Just like any farmer, anything not producing yield is deemed worthless.

The Lord Jesus says it like this

John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

461 posts, read 481,151 times
Yes. The words are what counts."By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned."

"Let the man who has my words, speak my words and speak the truth".

"No one acts justly, no one speaks truthfully".

"No one speaks truthfully, they refuse to recognize me, says the Lord."

"Faithfulness has disappeared, the word of God is gone from there speech".

"I the Lord speak the truth, I say what is right."

"All those who do right shall rise to live, the wicked shall rise to be damned."

"The man who loves me will keep my words."

"The man who does not love me does not keep my words."

"The man who wants to come to me will hear my words and put them into practice."

"Anyone committed to the truth hears my voice."

"I know the Lord and I keep His words."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity