Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will I be Saved Without Believing Paul Was An Apostle?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 7 13.73%
I Dont Know 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok, so we agree that Jesus is God.

As God then, Jesus chose Paul as the Apostle to the gentiles. Acts 7:15
As an appointed by God ....Peter's " scripture" acknowledges that Paul's writings are scripture. 2 Peter 3:16
As an appointed by God ....John "scripture" claims "the Scripture cannot be broken" John 10:35

Your position leaves you that:
  • God (Elohim) Jesus is wrong
  • Peter is wrong
  • John is wrong.
There is no scripture that supports that anyone can accuse God of wrong doing, remain unchallanged by God and remain in good standing with God.

Paul taught: Christ crucified... by faith not works ... Christ resurrected.
To say that a false prophet taught that is to claim the balance of the Apostles did.
You fail to see what I've just shown you. That's your choice.

So since we know that Paul clearly trips people up on a very serious issue that the Messiah warns us about in Revelation then, me personally, I have to conclude that Peter was decieved about Paul, or, that was added to decieve about Paul. That's the only "logical" explanation considering the FACTS. After all, Yahushua did say that even the very elect would be decieved, if possible, in Matthew 24. And we know that even the letter to the gentiles that Paul cohearsed the leaders in Jerusalem to write to the gentiles in in error because of the Messiah's Great Commission at the end of Matthew that commands the jews, to teach the gentiles, the exact same thing He commanded them to obey. Same gospel to everyone. So it seems obvious to me that even Peter watered down the gospel. Is this not fact?

The teachings of the Messiah, especially in Revelation and the gospels, are the foundation of ALL scripture Twin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,221 times
Who is eating food that was offered to idols?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:37 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post

. So it seems obvious to me that even Peter watered down the gospel. Is this not fact?
So now you toss out Peter? Who else is on your hit list? Luke?

Old 10-21-2011, 04:14 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,221 times
Ellen G. White was a false prophetess and heretic.

O-Ducky, you actually believe her writings?

Edit: I guess you do. In a previous thread you promoted her Book "The Great Controversy" stating fact was fact.

You have also posted you believe the Mormons are worshiping the same God you are.

A quote of White: "In these letters which I write, in the testimonies I bear, I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write one article in the paper expressing merely my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision -- the precious rays of light shining from the throne."--Testimonies 5 p. 67.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...?#post21349744

Last edited by saved33; 10-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Actually I saw exactly your premise:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
But of course your next arguement is that Yahushua is the "Bible". The Bible was put together by the founders of the Roman Catholic Church, who murdered the believers who refused to honor the "Sun-Day", in honor of the "Venerable Day of the Sun"
As you can tell, you supposed something entirely not so. To me you are coming from a different agenda \ view.

Quote:
So since we know that Paul clearly trips people up on a very serious issue that the Messiah warns us about in Revelation then, me personally, I have to conclude that Peter was decieved about Paul, or, that was added to decieve about Paul. That's the only "logical" explanation considering the FACTS. After all, Yahushua did say that even the very elect would be decieved, if possible, in Matthew 24. And we know that even the letter to the gentiles that Paul cohearsed the leaders in Jerusalem to write to the gentiles in in error because of the Messiah's Great Commission at the end of Matthew that commands the jews, to teach the gentiles, the exact same thing He commanded them to obey. Same gospel to everyone. So it seems obvious to me that even Peter watered down the gospel. Is this not fact?
Sorry, you have neither facts nor logical being presented. To me it appears that you are (unknowingly ?) attacking the foundation of which God used to build the NT church... namely the Apostles and scripture they had and claimed that they were writing.

The Bereans verified what Paul preached was true using the scriptures and God commended them for it.

By extension, you are now claiming that by the Bereans using scriptures to verify Paul and their findings that it was true now also in question ... which mean the OT prophets, Moses and the Psalms.

Quote:
The teachings of the Messiah, especially in Revelation and the gospels, are the foundation of ALL scripture Twin.
Yes, that is what the Bereans did to verify that what Paul was teaching was true. They used the OT which verified Paul as true.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,746 times
Quote:
From the real Apostles:

Acts 15:20
Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from eating food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and from consuming blood.

Acts 21:25
“As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter: They should abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.â€

According to Paul (after the Apostles gave him the instructed letter)

1 Corinthians 8 (Paul cleverly trips up)

1 Now regarding your question about food that has been offered to idols. Yes, we know that “we all have knowledge†about this issue. But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. 2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers dozen’t really know very much. 3 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.
4 So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God...(paul continues to convince that it's really OK, as long as there are no Christians around who don't think so... as long as Hush the Messiah isn't around)

Revelation 2 (Hush on food offered to idols)

14 “But I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you whose teaching is like that of Balsam, who showed Balk how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to sin by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin.

In a similar way, you have some Nicolai tans among you who follow the same teaching. repent of your sin, or I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

20 “But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman—that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet—to lead my servants astray. She teaches them to commit sexual sin and to eat food offered to idols.

So you see, this right here is called a fact. It is a fact that Paul's teaching right there contradicts the Messiahs (Gods) and the teachings of the real Apostles. It's very easy, if you want to see the truth, to conclude that as a FACT! It doesn't get any clearer than that.

So is there more reasons than that? Yes. I've learned, as I look around me, as I have visited the many churches I've visited that Paul is being used to rob the gospel of the truth, and the born again power of it. There is a tripping up that has taken place and the warnings of the Messiah cannot be seen because of this. This is a very dangerous situation were in on this earth right now, and the teachings of Paul are the root.

Next, if your interested I'll show you how Paul is the leader of the New Age movement in which people believe that loving our neighbor is all that's important and the only single command. This teachings makes us God. Paul said that the law is summed up in one command. Hush said the law is summed up in two commands.

May Yahua's blessings be upon you, in the name of Yahushua, so be it.
O-Ducky, you are missing the point. Jezebel tried to seduce believers by willfully offering up food to idols and promoting fornication. The Devil was behind it. The issue is not the food but the intent to defile the conscience of the weak. Paul Knew the issue throughly and knew from the Lord that it was not the food that was defiled because it is written "all things are pure to the pure of heart." but if your conscience is weak it is not. Therefore do not eat or drink if it causes you or your brother to stumble. I can drink a little wine but others can not and especially a redeemed alcoholic. The council of apostles was a general command to cover such occurrences that might arise to protect the weak without going into the full understanding of issue. The full understanding came latter through Paul. From that one issue or another, you miss out on the great revelations that the Lord gave to Paul to build up the church if you reject his writings. Such a pity, both to you and anyone who might agree with you.
LK 10:8 Jesus said, "And into whatsoever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:" Jesus made no exception as to what they were to eat because He was with them in Spirit to cleanse all foods. Why would He even mention this if He did not have this issue in mind.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 PM

322 posts, read 316,954 times
the truth can only being found within us..
the truth will set us free.. fully free form anything from everything
free to love with all our heart
free to praise good every moment of the day without being distracted by "more important things"
we were created to praise the most high.. in all that we do. and in return we recieve the kingdom,

Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
What is the Holy Spirit gift of the Apostle ? Well it is the anointing of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to other areas and , is a anointing of preparing an area to be cleaned of dark spiritual forces by Jesus Blood and building Churches in that area and establishing these churches to flourish for Jesus and His body ... Apostle can supply sound doctrines and revelations of His Word for Jesus to prosper and these churches to sustain the proof of time ............. Can Jesus deny you salvation by not believing Paul did this ? No but you make an opposite critic of revelation by this man of God then you will not be blessed by God on the revelation you deny.........

Old 10-22-2011, 11:32 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,795 times
This is what Yahua says:

"It is me who has been leading you and guiding you every step of the way. It is I who has been protecting you from the one who seeks to devour you, as I have confirmed to you over and over again. You know me. It is I who has called you out of her, and as a result you have obeyed my voice. It is I, Yahua your Elohim, who has set you free from sin and filled your lamp with oil, and covered you with the clothing of my righteousness. You are now ready for the return of Yahushua. It is in fact I, Yahua your Elohim, who has been teaching you these things, so that you can come out of her and listen to your Messiah Yahushua - your Master. Don't worry about those who refuse to listen and rather chose to exalt the false teachings that contradict the Messiah, as their foundation. Look around you, says Yahua, remember all that you have witnessed. Look around you and see if you can find any who truely believe in the power of the blood of the Lamb in making a person righteous and truely be born again? How many do you see who believe in the Messiah but yet their lives are filled with sin and lack of repentance? Why do you think you see so many living in sin with no shame, but yet claim me as their Elohim? Yes, it is I, Yahua your Elohim, who has revealed to you the false teachings that have caused this great error on the earth. But I will not hold you responsible because you have obeyed my voice. If you continue to obey me and take my words to heart I will protect you during the time of my wrath, and I will make peace with you. You must obey my command to endure to the end."

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The entire Holy Bible is the infallible Word of God; it's all or nothing.

I'm curious: whose Holy Bible, that is infallible, are you speaking of? The Catholic Bible? The Protestant Bible? The Jewish Bible? A Bible is a collection of books. The books that are in a Bible are determined by the publisher. How do you know which books are God's Word, and which are just a letter?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 10-22-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity