Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 01:43 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times

Advertisements

Look back on your entire lifetime and share with everyone something, anything, that God did for you. Make a list I'm sure, share with everyone how awesome God is!!!

Psalm 107:2
Has Yahua redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies.

Psalm 77:11
But then I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.

Psalm 105:5
Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given,

Psalm 111:4
He causes us to remember his wonderful works. How gracious and merciful is our Lord!

Psalm 137:6
May my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I fail to remember you, if I don’t make Jerusalem my greatest joy.

Psalm 143:5
I remember the days of old. I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done.

Deuteronomy 4:39
“So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 03:45 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
In Revelation 20: 12-15......And I saw the dead, small and great , stand before God, and the BOOKS WERE OPENED, AND ANOTHER BOOKS WAS OPENED which wa the book of life , and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works `...... See the Lord does have a Books of remembrance, for the works of Christ and the works of the flesh at went unrepentant to the Lord and another book for the purpose of the Lord and the Revelation does not say what the books account is ....... ..... The devil also has a book of remembrance of the authority that men give him and will manipulate men with these authority , but the devil books are not eternal and he can only use this authority over man throughout man life and then to his descendants, until the Lord rips the devil out of his place in the Lords Jesus redemption.....

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Malachi 3:16
16 Then those who feared Yahua spoke with each other, and Yahua listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and always thought about the honor of his name.
17 “They will be my people,” says Yahua of Heaven’s Armies. “On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. 18 Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve Elohim and those who do not.”

First thing I remember is falling into the water around age 5 or 6, with noone there to rescue me, and instantly learning how to swim. I give Him praise and honor and glory for that. I often wonder if that was Him baptizing me...lol.

Give Him praise and glory!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
Malachi and I say for the Lord who sent us;

You have defied me in word, says the Lord, yet you ask, "What have we spoken against you?"
You have said, "It is vain to serve God, and what do we profit by keeping his command, And going about in penitential dress in awe of the Lord of hosts?
Rather must we call the proud blessed; for indeed evildoers prosper, and even tempt God with impunity." Then they who fear the Lord spoke with one another, and the Lord listened attentively; And a record book was written before him of those who fear the Lord and trust in his name.
And they shall be mine, says the Lord of hosts, my own special possession, on the day I take action. And I will have compassion on them, as a man has compassion on his son who serves him.
Then you will again see the distinction between the just and the wicked; Between him who serves God, and him who does not serve him.

"The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life."

"Those who fear the Lord walk uprightly."

"The words of the Lord are upright".

"My words are life to those who find them to mans whole being they are health.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
While diving along the shores of Kauai several years ago, the Spirit revealed this:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his error, when too deeply immersed in it."

(Like a fish in water that knows nothing else.)

Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM

While at a friends house just now watching the Seattle Seahawk game, which was a very close game, I told my friends, "lets pray for them so the Seattle Seahawk fans can have a good day". So we did. They were losing the game at the time of the prayer, but instantly, before we could finish praying the game turned around and Seattle scored. I knew without any doubt Seattle was going to win that game after that prayer! Well, after that the Giants scored and it it didn't look like it, but I said, "I don't have a doubt in my mind the Seahawks are going to win this game. Nope, not one slightest doubt whatsoever. I said, "He hears the prayers of those who listen, obey Him, and seek Him wholeheartedly. I don't have the slightest doubt. Then with the game tied, with just a minute or so left in the game and the Giants about to score and win the game, I said, "we need an interception, that's what we need. I'd like to see that. The Seahawks WILL WIN this game." With the Giants right at the end zone about to score, that's exactly what happened. The only thing that was missing was the silver platter. The ball bounced off a few hands and landed right in the Seahawks hands and then they ran it the opposite direction for a 99 yard touchdown.

I told my friends: He just wanted me to worship Him. That's why He did that. He said, "now you see this man right here, I'm about to make Him bow down and worship me... and make Him cry Holy Holy Holy, right there in front of everyone"...hehehe.

True story.

And no, were not finished just yet.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
While at a friends house just now watching the Seattle Seahawk game, which was a very close game, I told my friends, "lets pray for them so the Seattle Seahawk fans can have a good day". So we did. They were losing the game at the time of the prayer, but instantly, before we could finish praying the game turned around and Seattle scored. I knew without any doubt Seattle was going to win that game after that prayer! Well, after that the Giants scored and it it didn't look like it, but I said, "I don't have a doubt in my mind the Seahawks are going to win this game. Nope, not one slightest doubt whatsoever. I said, "He hears the prayers of those who listen, obey Him, and seek Him wholeheartedly. I don't have the slightest doubt. Then with the game tied, with just a minute or so left in the game and the Giants about to score and win the game, I said, "we need an interception, that's what we need. I'd like to see that. The Seahawks WILL WIN this game." With the Giants right at the end zone about to score, that's exactly what happened. The only thing that was missing was the silver platter. The ball bounced off a few hands and landed right in the Seahawks hands and then they ran it the opposite direction for a 99 yard touchdown.

I told my friends: He just wanted me to worship Him. That's why He did that. He said, "now you see this man right here, I'm about to make Him bow down and worship me... and make Him cry Holy Holy Holy, right there in front of everyone"...hehehe.

True story.

And no, were not finished just yet.
Wow!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 AM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
Do you really think God answers such trivial things as that? Doesn't the son of man say;"Whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you".

Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
Do you really think God answers such trivial things as that? Doesn't the son of man say;"Whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you".
Of course He will, especially when a witness is on the line, or when it would bring Him praise and glory.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Default A few unforgetable true stories

The Little Wounded Sparrow

I'll never forget the little wounded sparrow that fell into my lap when I was in the dessert in eastern Oregon. I was just sitting there and along comes this sparrow in front of me. It hobbled, flipped in the air a few times and was bouncing all over the place as it was trying to fly. I'm pretty sure I prayed but don't really remember that, but anyway, that little sparrow managed to land right in my lap. Once it landed there, it didn't move! I thought it was highly likely, being as hot as it was, that it was not only wounded, but in desperate need of water and because of whatever was wrong it couldn't fly to where water was. I knew that if it didn't somehow get water soon, it was surely to die. It was so hot out that day. Well, glory to God, it landed in the right place because it just so happened, that I was drinking on a bottle of water. Immediately I poured some water into the cap and put the capfull of water to the little sparrows beak and watched in amazement as it drank almost the whole capfull of water. That little bird was thirsty no doubt. After it stopped drinking it just sat there and rested for about five minutes, and because I wasn't restraining it, after about five minutes it flew away perfectly healed.

The little bird just landed in my lap! The little bird lived to see another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity