Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,676,765 times

Advertisements

Beware of any specific dates that are highly publicized. Be informed that this is most likely another act of deception. We are told we won't know the time. Yahushua will come as a thief in the night. Please refer to Thessalonians. He also says only the father knows the time. So how would Camping know it? No offense to him personally, I just think that's not a good stance to take.

It seems to me, this is very dangerous. How many could end up doubting their faith because of this? The greatest disappointment is when our hopes are up and are let down. Followers of Yahushua should be preparing to shine their light through the holy spirit in the coming darkness. It will be dark. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please get informed. I'll be glad to provide leads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Here is a testimony I found at << [/u]A highly recommended site]UFO Wars: They’re Coming to Save Us | Tribulation-Now regarding someone who had a vision moved by the Holy Spirit regarding May 21.

Here is Matthew’s testimony.
I write this because I have an urgent message to you all. Not everyone will die in comfort surrounded by friends and a priest. You can die suddenly, without any warning, and without any preparation. Death does not come announced.
Here is what I experienced. I was going in & out of consciousness. I don’t know where I was. I knew I was in trouble so I sought after a priest to do my last confession. Sure enough, I found a priest. But he wasn’t a priest I was expecting. First of all, he was either an African or African-American, and he was wearing a small red cap and a red dress with some decoration. I had never met a black priest in my whole life so this was very strange. He looked to be in late 50’s. I didn’t know then but I know now that the priest who gave me the confession in the gate of Hell was no priest. He was a cardinal. When I told him that I wanted to do my confession, he just nodded with his grim expression on his face.
I confessed all my sins that I can think of, yet nothing happened. I was not delivered to a bright light people talk about in their near death experiences and I remained in this presence of horrible darkness. I could tell that the cardinal who gave me the confession was deeply grieved himself and it wasn’t because of my sins he had heard. Everything was dark around me. I was in this most horrible pain but what troubled me the most was this absolute lack of what I would call God’s presence or love. This confession did nothing for me even though I did the most sincere confession of my life thinking I had died.
Following my accident and recovery, I began detesting God and I began accusing Jesus of exaggerating his sufferings on the cross. I grew bitter toward God and little by little, any bit of guilt that was left in me evaporated. One day, I simply decided that God no longer exists. There. I was an atheist now. I simply refused to accept that any God of any kind exists.
For many years since the accident, I simply lived a normal, Godless life. I did not miss God or my religion. I came to a conclusion that what I had experienced was simply a trick my mind had played on me. How can there be God? My educational background and my rational thinking compelled me to conclude beyond absolute doubt that any belief in any kind of religion is illogical.
In February of 2011, I began having these weird thoughts. Many weeks passed and I began to have intense interest about dimensionality of space. I am an attorney and surely, to have interest in this type of subject is strange for me. Then one day, I felt like I would go to Hell if I continued living my life this way and if I did not repent. I cannot explain why I all of sudden felt this way. One night, I prayed and repented of my sins. Nothing happened. There. I was just having a stupid, illogical thoughts again. I simply had a relapse of this sickness called “faith.”
Three days later, I was getting ready to make myself a cup of green tea at home. It was Sunday, March 13, 2011. All of sudden, out of nowhere, I was struck by the Holy Spirit. I immediately broke down and began to weep. I cried for many hours confessing my sins. Since that day, I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in me.
That night, I began to have this great fear of God because His presence came upon me. (Job 18:18)(Luke 12:5)(Psalm 111:10).
Repentance and fear of God. That’s my faith.
For three nights, around 10:00 pm ~ 11:00 pm, I felt God’s presence come upon me. I became so scared that I simply walked out of my bedroom and came down to my study, refusing to go back to sleep. Then on the third night, I finally accepted that this great fear is from God and this sound of thunder is the voice of God.
Then I began having visions. I had many many visions. When I say vision, I do not mean what I had dreamt. I do not believe it’s possible to dream when you are wide awake.
I became fearful of these visions. So fearful that I became paralyzed with fear. One night, I prayed. “Lord, I do not know when these terrible things will happen. I am so scared because I do not know if these things are happening next day or next week. Please give me more insight so that at least I can continue to work. Lord, I still have work to do and I still have to make a living. I cannot do anything these days because of these terrible visions I have seen. Lord, you told us that through prayer, all things are possible. Please hear my plea and have mercy on me.”
That night, I had vision in my sleep. Before I woke up, someone completely erased what I saw in my dream out of my head so I do not remember any detail. However, as I was waking up, I heard an angel whisper “May twenty firs…”
I couldn’t tell whether the angel was saying May 21st or May 24th. However, all of my horrible fear was gone. Lord had answered my prayer for peace. After sitting in my study and pondering about what I heard, I concluded it must be May 21st. I became very curious about this date and I googled the date. That’s when I learned about Harold Camping and his date.
Now I am not discrediting his theory, but I have a strong feeling that Mr. Camping might be wrong. That’s because I had another vision, not a dream, a few weeks earlier.
As I was about to fall asleep, the angel showed me a book covered in blood.
The vision began by the angel speaking to me. He said, “As the 20th turns (meaning 20th day of the month) and I saw the date 20th, & 21st on the next page.
I saw a missile slowly emerge out of water, then begin picking up speed. It was a big one because I saw how it behaved. It took some time for the missile to pick up speed so it couldn’t be a small missile.
Then I saw a big war ship, possibly a aircraft carrier. After it was struck, it slowly began to turn to its side. Have you ever seen a gold fish die? Before its belly turns up, it turns to its side. That’s what this huge ship was doing. Before I could finish watching this, the angel showed me other events. The sky had turned red. Many other events were taking place but since there were so many events taking place, my eyes could no longer follow them.
This vision was given by the same angel who had whispered the date of May 21th few weeks ago.
John, I thank you and I thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to share this vision. The missile I saw, it was going some place. I mean it was no small missile. It shot straight up into the sky and that tells me the missile was going somewhere far.
If that missile is coming toward me (Washington D.C.), it’s quite possible that this vision I wish to share with everyone will be the only vision I get to share with anyone.
So I thank you.
“For how does it benefit a man, if he gains the whole world, yet loses his soul?”
(Matthew 16:26)

Old 05-13-2011, 10:13 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,701,116 times
I don't really know what to think of that, Lee, but it reminds me of something a pastor at a funeral I attended back in February said. He said that God placed it on his heart that something horrible would happen in our country at the end of May and that everyone needed to get right with God right away. He said it would be very, very bad. He seemed very sincere and not crazy at all.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,676,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I don't really know what to think of that, Lee, but it reminds me of something a pastor at a funeral I attended back in February said. He said that God placed it on his heart that something horrible would happen in our country at the end of May and that everyone needed to get right with God right away. He said it would be very, very bad. He seemed very sincere and not crazy at all.
That's what I'm counting on. May 21st, right? I got a 31st doctor's appt......odds are in my favor that I'll be making it to that appt. What's your wager?

Old 05-13-2011, 10:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,701,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's what I'm counting on. May 21st, right? I got a 31st doctor's appt......odds are in my favor that I'll be making it to that appt. What's your wager?
He didn't give a date. He just said the end of the month. I don't think it was related to Camping, though.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,798,337 times
News, Preacher says world ends in 5 days

OAKLAND, Calif., May 16 (UPI) -- An American radio preacher gives the world as we know it less than a week to go.

Harold Camping's Family Radio network, based in Oakland, Calif., has put up signs across the country warning of "Judgment Day May 21."

Read more: Preacher says world ends in 5 days - UPI.com

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM

YouTube - New Madrid Quake - Dates of High Risk

For anyone interested in the occult numerology and how it matches up. This is them not us.

Is Camping influenced by the occult? I have no idea, but something is up. I believe it will have something to do with the Madrid fault line earthquake. They're up to something in this area I'm pretty sure.

I think it's the "beginning of sorrows" talked about in Matthew 24 thus the opening of the first four seals (4 horseman) as they parallel up. There are a number of events that haven't happened yet. Anyone that thinks we are in the Great Tribulation just simply needs to read Revelation 6 onward. We haven't see the horror yet on this earth. It does look like they are setting up for it.

"Order out of chaos." Sudden trauma than they come into save the day setting up their one world government.

“How easy his (Gorbachev) task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet in the universe. We’d forget all the little differences that we have between our countries …â€
A quote from Reagan after meeting with Gorbachev. Dec. 4, 1985.

Will this be part of the excuse? I believe so. They will then set up their New World Order, and they will introduce their "instead of" Christ messiah. Research shows this could be one of the ascended masters "Maitreya" or "Samanda." << look it up. Benjamin Creme wants to announce Maitreya as the world teacher. << look it up.

I believe they are going to set up a false Armageddon. The false Christ will set up a false millennium. Everyone will believe it according to scripture. Most likely it will look just like the pictures we see of Jesus.

Praise Yahushua!

Matthew 24
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I do think it will bad. I just don't think it will be judgement day. Honestly from what I've grasped, the enemy is looking to beat prophecy to the punch. They do this by propagandizing certain dates and events as prophecy. This goes past the main media outlets to the major "churches." It looks like they're speeding things up trying to label prophecy as fulfilled. I don't believe a majority of the preceding events have happened yet.

This being said, everyone should get right with God through his messiah Jesus now because I think we are heading to what is called "the beginning of sorrows" in Matt 24.

I believe what will spark this is a Madrid Fault line earthquake in America. A number of events could follow such as a large war. WW3?

It's Official: Congress To Vote On Declaration Of World War 3 | Alexander Higgins Blog (http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/05/15/congress-vote-declaration-world-war-3-endless-war-borders-clear-enemies-22785/ - broken link)

Following this could be pestilence and famine.

I think that's where we're headed.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 AM

25 posts, read 35,726 times
I heard about him on the radio a couple of days ago and i saw a picture of him online. Let me just say that he's lucky if he's still alive on saturday. He's propaly older than the bible itself. It even says in the bible "no man knows the day or the hour" or "jeus will come like a theif in the night" as far as i know, he's a man, and if i knew somone was going to break into my house, i would be waiting with a shotgun and my 2 german sheperds.someone needs to come in and set him strait.i can't wait until he comes out with a new prediction. This is all stupid,just like 2012. I go to catholic school and go to religon class every day,i sould know! what are his grandchildran going to think when they wake up on sunday and their still alive,they are going to think there grandfather is a nutcase!and thall be right to!He's already made like 20 predictions,maybe he has alltimerers and can not rerember that he already been proven wrong. Sorry about spelling and sarcasm.

sources: anyone one has even half of a brain cell, my mouth, and the bible

PS: lee97,whoever your talking about in your second post with the vision and everything is crazy, everyone has wierd dreams, but not this wierd. he probaly typed that from the Mental Hospital that he's in(maybe he and harold can share a room!!!!). he is definatly insane. why would god tell him the date but say that no one will ever know in the bible. sorry again about spelling and sarcasum.I hope i did not insult the mentalily desturbed.Ok,i'll shut up now

ok,i know i said i was done, but i have a few more points. in the bible, it says that false prophats(thats what harold camping is)are to be brought to the edge of town and stoned.that won't happen in the U.S. , our version of stoneing is laughing our heads off and throwing him in a mental hospital.An other thing is that any followers that he has are going to turn their backs on him on sunday morning. He also said that the world was going end last christmas.why would the world end on the day that jeus was born? its just to bad that no one got him a padded room for christmas. He'll have to put that on his list for next year, i'm sure that santa will know that he needs it,and maybe he needs a bible in his stocking, maybe then he'll read it and understand that no one knows when the world will end.an other good point is that in the bible it says that there will be massive wars, plauges of frogs(i have not seen one single frog in 2 years),horrible storms,and massive earthquakes(other than the earthquake in japan,there really has not been any major earthquakes)none of these are happening, if harold camping read the bible than he would know these things. ok,i promice for sure that i won't say anything else,just think about the things that i said. now, i'm shutting up for good:tap e: :t ape::tap e:

Last edited by Trooper1998; 05-18-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM

5,545 posts, read 7,167,903 times
Harold must be making money off these lies somehow..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity