Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,657,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is a rhetorical question, no need to answer it.

Blessed are those who believe without having seen ...

God bless ...
As expected, honesty is so fleeting when the answer to a legitimate question shows one to be a hypocrite.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM

7,747 posts, read 12,704,494 times
Quote:
If all liars, and all those who are fearful(cowards) are going to have their part in the lake of fire, and you people are using fear and lies to coerce others to believe, what makes you think you are going to be safe? Especially if the lake of fire is a literal eternal torture pit as many claim it to be?
Who's using fear and lies? If you truly didn't believe, you wouldn't fear anything! But because deep down you truly believe, you fear it! If you just gave your life up to Christ, the only fear you would have is of God. Which you should. Everything else you would never! All you can do is repent for your sins and keep praying until that faithful day Jesus comes and takes us away from this sinful Earth!

I don't get why nowadays what used to be taboo subjects like sex, are now commonplace. It's funny how with that, STD and HIV rates have soared through the roof. But once somebody talks about hell, all hell breaks loose. Why? Because people don't like to hear about themselves. They don't like to hear about the consequences of their actions. Humans never have. If I told my friend (who drinks EXCESSIVELY) that's he's going to end up in jail for DUI or kill someone, he's going to cuss me out. Why? Because he doesn't want to hear about himself and what he does. He'd rather KEEP doing it because it feels and taste good and takes away the stress of problems he has. Just like other alcoholics, crackheads, sex addicts, and sinners alike. Sinners rather keep sinning than hear about the consequences of their actions. But Christians are the one with the EXTREME bad rap because society's ever increasing Godlessness doesn't want to be reminded of God and the fact that he's watching and their ARE consequences to their actions AFTER this life is over.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:06 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,928,497 times
Quote:
Wrong, i hate her lies ... I love her and i believe one day she will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. And you are lying now, by saying that i hate her. All liars end up in the lake of Fire ... So what will happen to this woman Finn? What do you believe will happen to this women who is you say is a liar? You believe she will be damned for eternity. So who hates who? Again, double standards.
You are the one calling her a liar, not me. I am not in the habit of calling people liars. I will allow God to judge her, so I'll give it a pass, and maybe you should too. After all, Jesus said "do not judge".

Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,586,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who's using fear and lies? If you truly didn't believe, you wouldn't fear anything! But because deep down you truly believe, you fear it! If you just gave your life up to Christ, the only fear you would have is of God. Which you should. Everything else you would never! All you can do is repent for your sins and keep praying until that faithful day Jesus comes and takes us away from this sinful Earth!

I don't get why nowadays what used to be taboo subjects like sex, are now commonplace. It's funny how with that, STD and HIV rates have soared through the roof. But once somebody talks about hell, all hell breaks loose. Why? Because people don't like to hear about themselves. They don't like to hear about the consequences of their actions. Humans never have. If I told my friend (who drinks EXCESSIVELY) that's he's going to end up in jail for DUI or kill someone, he's going to cuss me out. Why? Because he doesn't want to hear about himself and what he does. He'd rather KEEP doing it because it feels and taste good and takes away the stress of problems he has. Just like other alcoholics, crackheads, sex addicts, and sinners alike. Sinners rather keep sinning than hear about the consequences of their actions. But Christians are the one with the EXTREME bad rap because society's ever increasing Godlessness doesn't want to be reminded of God and the fact that he's watching and their ARE consequences to their actions AFTER this life is over.
I don't know.... maybe I was a weak christian to begin with, even though I knew nothing else but christianity because growing up in the church I ALWAYS feared hell. I was ALWAYS wondering if I was GOOD enough and BELIEVED enough to avoid hell.

I finally gave up trying to "measure up" and that is when I found peace.

So maybe I was atypical....

Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM

200 posts, read 253,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
fun hell.... isn't that an oxymoron.
Anybody watch Little Nicky? Remember the pineapple and Adolf Hitler in a French maid's dress? Perhaps that really occurs in the Fun Pit.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,800,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
As expected, honesty is so fleeting when the answer to a legitimate question shows one to be a hypocrite.
We are all hypocrites ... Especially those who claim that they are not.

I have never claimed to have direct revelation from an angel or God other than in my heart through my conscience and sometimes by coincidence(synchronicity). And i have never posted such things on this or any other forum.

Peace ...

Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,800,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

I am a believer in God and and in Christ our lord, and God is love(as demonstrated in the life of Christ), and love casts out all fear because fear causes torment. I don't believe in hell because I'm educated and i know that it is a pagan myth interpolated into the scriptures by cunning and subtle changes to the texts of the scriptures by translational fallacies and used by power hungry and violent men to subject the masses to their own mandates. The judgment of God is not malicious and God does not return evil for evil, just as Christ commanded that we should not. The purpose for Gods judgments is to reprove and correct, when his judgments are in the earth, all people will learn righteousness ... The ultimately sadistic doctrine of ET and a literal hell have no place in the true gospel.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,649,460 times
Quote:
I am a believer in God and and in Christ our lord, and God is love(as demonstrated in the life of Christ), and love casts out all fear because fear causes torment. I don't believe in hell because I'm educated and i know that it is a pagan myth interpolated into the scriptures by cunning and subtle changes to the texts of the scriptures by translational fallacies and used by power hungry and violent men to subject the masses to their own mandates. The judgment of God is not malicious and God does not return evil for evil, just as Christ commanded that we should not. The purpose for Gods judgments is to reprove and correct, when his judgments are in the earth, all people will learn righteousness ... The ultimately sadistic doctrine of ET and a literal hell have no place in the true gospel.
Well said.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM

200 posts, read 253,361 times
Something I've noticed on this topic.

UR believers are considered dangerous by ETers because of the "lies" of UR beliefs.

This Baxter woman, who is obviously a liar (and some of the ET persuasion on here have said as much), is not considered dangerous because Ms. Baxter herself doesn't believe that she's lying.

Hmmm

Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,928,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
Something I've noticed on this topic.

UR believers are considered dangerous by ETers because of the "lies" of UR beliefs.

This Baxter woman, who is obviously a liar (and some of the ET persuasion on here have said as much), is not considered dangerous because Ms. Baxter herself doesn't believe that she's lying.

Hmmm

Which is more misleading:

1. The person who says that criminals will have to serve time in a prison which is painted pink, when the prison is actually painted blue.

2. The person who says there is no prison, and no punishment for crime.

hmmmm

Who cares how this woman portrays hell. The Bible says hell exists and it is an unpleasant place, so cares whether or not Baxters details are accurate? It is far worse when someone tries to convince others that hell does not exist at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity