Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM

320 posts, read 954,683 times

Advertisements

Moving back to the Lincoln Square/Ravenswood Manor area after seven years, and doing some recon. Amazed at how the Rockwell and Francisco stops have evolved into unique little micro-neighborhoods.

Anyone familiar with how the Waters School has progressed over the last couple years?

Any good new restaurants?

Any good new cultural events/ festivals?

Thanks, any feedback welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM

10 posts, read 50,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_nerve_action View Post
Any good new restaurants?
A French restaurant on Lawrence just opened a week or two ago. I checked it out a few days after it opened and really liked it: Rendezvous Bistro, 2656 W. Lawrence Ave.

Also check out the Vietnamese sandwich shop on Lawrence, just east of Harvestime Foods on the north side of the street.

Pizza Art Cafe right by the Rockwell stop is good.

First Slice Pie Cafe is in the process of opening a second location (the first one is at Ravenswood/Montrose at the arts center) at the Francisco stop -- that should be a great addition to the neighborhood!

Welcome (back) to the neighborhood,
Adrian

Old 04-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
A French restaurant on Lawrence just opened a week or two ago. I checked it out a few days after it opened and really liked it: Rendezvous Bistro, 2656 W. Lawrence Ave.

Also check out the Vietnamese sandwich shop on Lawrence, just east of Harvestime Foods on the north side of the street.

Pizza Art Cafe right by the Rockwell stop is good.

First Slice Pie Cafe is in the process of opening a second location (the first one is at Ravenswood/Montrose at the arts center) at the Francisco stop -- that should be a great addition to the neighborhood!

Welcome (back) to the neighborhood,
Adrian
I was taken aback at the addition to Harvestime.
Getting back to the town that perfected pizza will definitely be a plus.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:51 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Semiramis on Kedzie is my favorite middle-eastern food in the city (or more specifically, it's Lebanese). And the service is friendly. This isn't quite in Ravenswood Manor, but is just a short walk away in the heart of Albany Park. It's just south of the Kedzie Brown Line station.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,749 times
I actually like Rockwell's Grill right at the Rockwell stop but the place is packed with toddlers and strollers if you go too early. The food is tex mex but everything I've had there has been pretty good. Their beer selection and specials are on point too.

Waters is right down the street from there. It's turning into a great elementary school and is almost impossible to get into now if you live outside the boundaries. They have renovations going on and a huge community garden being replanted for the season.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,561 times
Oh man, I've tried all the places you guys have mentioned and they are awesome.

Noon O Kabab is good Persian food; I would recommend it if you have the chance. I bicycle around the Manor all the time lately; I enjoy all the cool stuff that is around the brown line stops.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Oh man, I've tried all the places you guys have mentioned and they are awesome.

Noon O Kabab is good Persian food; I would recommend it if you have the chance. I bicycle around the Manor all the time lately; I enjoy all the cool stuff that is around the brown line stops.
Maybe you'll see me over there with my kids as the weather gets warmer. I occasionally walk them around the Manor for a change of scenery, or hit the play lot at Francisco and Manor.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
I actually like Rockwell's Grill right at the Rockwell stop but the place is packed with toddlers and strollers if you go too early. The food is tex mex but everything I've had there has been pretty good. Their beer selection and specials are on point too.

Waters is right down the street from there. It's turning into a great elementary school and is almost impossible to get into now if you live outside the boundaries. They have renovations going on and a huge community garden being replanted for the season.

Not a problem with the strollers. The reason we chose Lincoln Square over Lakeview/ Roscoe Village is because he neighborhood has really seemed to have blossomed into family friendly.

Good beer selection is a must. We're leaving behind the country's top-rated microbrewery.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Maybe you'll see me over there with my kids as the weather gets warmer. I occasionally walk them around the Manor for a change of scenery, or hit the play lot at Francisco and Manor.

WIll probably be around, doing the same.

Last edited by slow_nerve_action; 04-08-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I've found the Ravenswood Manor Park to be excellent. I like the size, and my two year old son loves running about. There are usually lots of other young parents there too.

One thing I love about living on Wilson and so close to the Manor is the amount of family friendly people who are out and about. It seems that other people on this board know that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: