Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,079,417 times

Advertisements

I want to buy a Toyota but am not in the mood for the whole car sales game. Does anyone know of a local dealership that will act normal -- let me take my time, drive a few cars, give me clear pricing info, and not play the "let me talk to my manager" game? I tried Napelton a while back but the young guys wouldn't shut up with their nonsense talk. I needed an hour nap after dealing with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,296,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
I want to buy a Toyota but am not in the mood for the whole car sales game. Does anyone know of a local dealership that will act normal -- let me take my time, drive a few cars, give me clear pricing info, and not play the "let me talk to my manager" game? I tried Napelton a while back but the young guys wouldn't shut up with their nonsense talk. I needed an hour nap after dealing with them.
You do NOT want to deal with Napleton. I purchased three vehicles from them in 2007 and they neglected to prep the cars before delivery although they had them in possession over a week. I am a fleet manager and that was inexcusable.

I like Pauly Toyota in Crystal Lake. In general, scour the ads to see the best deal on a Toyota and take the ad into the dealership and tell them that you want the same deal.

If you are buying a new car that is a popular Toyota model, generally there is NOT a huge difference from most of the suburban Chicagoland dealerships.

I found that dealing with the Toyota/Lexus dealerships is a great experience free of a lot of the cheesier practices that you find in many of the Big Three dealerships.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,376,685 times
Toyota on Western in Chicago. 67th and Western Ave. Straight shooting - reasonable, min to no game playing. "Honest" - I guess in the realms of car dealers - Bought a used Toyota from them, had it and other Toyotas serviced by them. Don't recall exactly every detail, but there was some issue that I thought my car didn't have until I brought it in, which turned out to likely have been there anyway - they did not bat an eye, and fixed it at no charge - several hundred dollars.

Anyway, I drove from Flossmoor to have my car serviced by them, bypassing many other dealers. Family owned, though they don't make a big deal about it. The owner is probably there in the waiting room cleaning up and puttering around the coffee machine in a janitor's uniform!!! You'd never know that he was the owner.

Last edited by oldhousegirl; 04-01-2010 at 07:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: