Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 06:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,141 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking to move into an apartment in the city this coming summer and would like some help in selecting a neighboorhood. I graduated college a year ago and work up in Libertyville. I know itll be a decent sized commute which is why I'd like to live as close to the interstate as possible to cut down on time. I'd like to stay relatively close to Wrigleyville so the neighborhoods that are around the area I've been thinking about are Irving Park, Avondale, West Lakeview, and Bucktown, but I'm not really sure if one neighboorhood has better options along I94 than another.

Thanks for any advice!

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,378,523 times
Hi Dave,

I myself, live right next to the Kennedy, in an area that most people think is Wicker Park (however, historically it was always known as Noble Square).

I mean, Iliterally look out my balcony and look down on the Kennedy (I90/I94). This is right off of Division Street. So, it only take me about 30 seconds to get from my condo, to the entrance ramp at Division St. It works very well.

However, I used to live in Lakeview, and it actually took quite some time to get from 94, down into Lakeview; you would exit at irving Park rd, turn left and head east, and from there it would take 5 or 10 minutes to actually get back to where I was living at the time (Clark and Addison, right outside Wirgely Field).

So, for me, I found it easier to get to Bucktown/Wicker Park from the 90/94/Kennedy, than to get to Lakeview. Plus, Bucktown/WP tends to be a lot cheaper.

Just my 2 cents...good luck!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,661,500 times
Look into Lincoln Square and Budlong Woods. Take Peterson to 94 and you are golden. It helps greatly that you will be getting on and off before and after the junction with 90.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 5,141 times
Thanks for the advice. Ill have to respond back when I find some possible places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago