Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:51 PM

143 posts, read 440,449 times

Advertisements

generally ok, but expect your car getting vandalized a few times a year if you park outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewesque View Post
Hey guys, I've found a great place near the intersection of Blackhawk & Ashland in the Wicker Park (Noble Square?) area. I've walked around the area and checked it out, and it's near a bunch of super useful things like grocery stores, etc. I just wanted to put out a last-minute post out there to see if anybody had any dire warnings or other info that I didn't know to give me before I go ahead with getting the place.

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,225 times
Default Wicker Park-- Blackhawk/Ashland area

Hello!

I've lived in Chicago for a while but am not familiar with the area surrounding the Division blue line. I'm seriously considering an apartment on Blackhawk & Ashland. Its a great apartment, seems safe and quiet, but I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know how safe it is. The street doesn't feel residential (which is what I'm used to) but it didn't feel particularly unsafe either.

I'll be living with my boyfriend... we're both in our mid-twenties. He currently lives in Logan Square and has had minor vandalism to his car. I live in Bucktown and never had problems, but the first floor apartment was broken into with a crobar once.

I'm just paranoid, but the building seemed safe/secure. They offered an uncovered parking spot as well... perhaps that would be worth the extra money?

Any input would be helpful!!

Thanks

Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
This area has been covered before-read this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...le-square.html

Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 11,064 times
Default Noble Square

Hi - i am seriously looking to move to Noble Square at 1300 N Noble across from the fieldhouse. Can you please let me know what you think of the area, safety, etc.

thanks !

Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
This thread should answer your questions:

Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 PM

the only issue with that post is it is 4 years old. i am looking for recent and specific feedback on the area....maybe someone that has lived or currently lives there. thanks

Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
It's attractive and seems safe enough to me. My friend from the area says there's not much of a gang presence there anymore, if there ever was one. There are projects/section 8 housing south across Division.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 PM

is your friend a guy or girl? do they have dogs that they walk? how much riff-raff wanders around? it seems like a great area and there a some beautiful new buildings popping up around the park.....

Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbowz View Post
the only issue with that post is it is 4 years old. i am looking for recent and specific feedback on the area....maybe someone that has lived or currently lives there. thanks
If you actually read the thread you would have seen that at least half of the posts are from the last two years and the last post was in the summer of 2010. Not much is going to change in two years. You would actually have seen posts in which people that live or have lived there speak about it.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 01-06-2011 at 10:04 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Default Two posts up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
This thread should answer your questions:

Didn't I just see this same exact post? Deja vu? Isn't there a policy against bumping threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago