Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM

21 posts, read 38,197 times

Advertisements

how is the township of lake view and the community of west ridge? this a better place than south shore i think let me know please. I am heading there some time during the this or next week from nyc to buy something.

OH GOD!! I pray that I dont get shot, stabbed, robbed or rapped!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,661,500 times
I smell something that lives under a bridge.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I smell something that lives under a bridge.
I am trying to purchase an investment property that I can rent out (condo) in or near Chicago, IL. I am born and raised in NYC, don't know anything about Chicago and never been there. looking for some helpful locals to tell me if the area is rent able or if my tenants will be stabbed, rapped, shot or robbed while walking from their car to the complex.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Lake View Township is quite a large area. There are places within it that are not the greatest. You need to narrow it down a bit.

You also need to state how much money you are looking to spend and how many properties you are looking for.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:25 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,967,551 times
Doubt that you will get rapped while you are here.

BTW what kind of moron buys property without knowing anything about the area/neighborhood? You're better off staying put under the bridge.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
...Doubt that you will get rapped while you are here...
One can get "rapped" in Austin or Englewood though for example.

Be careful of those quick tongued rhymers!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,244,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick1 View Post
I am trying to purchase an investment property that I can rent out (condo) in or near Chicago, IL. I am born and raised in NYC, don't know anything about Chicago and never been there. looking for some helpful locals to tell me if the area is rent able or if my tenants will be stabbed, rapped, shot or robbed while walking from their car to the complex.
I dunno, i had a young fellow following me tonight and he was listening to music and rapping to the melody. They like to do it on the L and the bus a lot too. Maybe you should be worried about being rapped!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,452,636 times
If you have never been here or have no plans to move here why would you want to buy a rental property here? How about you buy in NY and then you don't have to pay some management company to handle everything?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
Doubt that you will get rapped while you are here.

BTW what kind of moron buys property without knowing anything about the area/neighborhood? You're better off staying put under the bridge.
I've done some research and the renting is decent there its by the rosehill cemetery. I saw what on the news about the convenient store guy who got shot.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
If you have never been here or have no plans to move here why would you want to buy a rental property here? How about you buy in NY and then you don't have to pay some management company to handle everything?
I own the condo I live in. and nyc is overpriced for property and the places where the prices are inexpensive are in the boonies like in buffalo or really close to Niagara falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago